Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

Jumping in late here. So for the time being use default live traffic, or that is hosed too?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

8 hours ago, ErichB said:

For as long as I have been flightsimming , AI traffic has been a major PITA.    So it's obviously not that easy to code properly and people have been trying for years.

People love to whinge about this issue incessantly and complain about immersion killing AI, when in fact, flying with real people in an actual environment is the more realistic option.   As much as it pains you to hear people say 'fly on vatsim', it pains me more to read pages of complaints about the same old AI issues. 

An absolute nonstarter.  Tonight I want to fly from say, Johannesburg to Durban. Two fairly big airports.  So I trust I'll be taken care of on Vatsim or it'll be completely empty?  Yes, it'll be completely empty and uncontrolled, won't it? 

If it pains you so much to read pages of complaints about poor AI, then you may be on the wrong thread. 

Edited by Langeveldt
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

An absolute nonstarter.  Tonight I want to fly from say, Johannesburg to Durban. Two fairly big airports.  So I trust I'll be taken care of on Vatsim or it'll be completely empty?  Yes, it'll be completely empty and uncontrolled, won't it? 

Well in such situations, of course, you can default to the spinning AI.  

On 11/12/2022 at 12:26 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

I hope we don’t have to wait until SU12 before we can use FSLTL properly again. 

I hope there's not a long wait for everyone either. Seemed that FSLTL injector, plus the AI Flow and AI ground apps made AI traffic behave rather well.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:35 AM, ErichB said:

There is another option...
Might not be everyone's cup of tea, yet traffic follows real schedules, is impacted by weather, is correctly sequenced and spaced from one another, no spinning in circles, etc.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 11/12/2022 at 5:35 AM, ErichB said:

The spinning was fixed with SU11, mostly. They still spin, but very very slowly. You won't even notice unless you take the camera right up to the plane's wheels. In most situations the planes will start taxing again before it's obvious.

Asobo is aware of the AI issues

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Asobo is aware of the AI issues

They’ve been aware of them for a long long time…. The amount of traction it gains is pretty big, yet there is very little that seems to be done about it? It’s all very well saying AIG have lines of communication with Asobo etc, but it doesn’t mean anything to the end user. We see what we use, and to me, it looks like it’s not a priority item. Strange considering the fanfare it was given when msfs was first launched, it’s was one of the selling points..

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, yet traffic follows real schedules, is impacted by weather, is correctly sequenced and spaced from one another, no spinning in circles, etc.

Nice video, but in fast play, you better run it  synced with normal time (1:1).

Edited by kiek

So what is the latest I should expect with FSLTL? I loaded up KDEN and I see a lot of planes, not the sound of airplanes starting up is missing completely. No taxiing. No takeoffs or landings. I do see some planes in the air. Does this sound right or is something messed up?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, RobJC said:

So what is the latest I should expect with FSLTL? I loaded up KDEN and I see a lot of planes, not the sound of airplanes starting up is missing completely. No taxiing. No takeoffs or landings. I do see some planes in the air. Does this sound right or is something messed up?

Is your Ground Vehicle Density set to at least 1%?

8 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Is your Ground Vehicle Density set to at least 1%?

It is now. Still no movement. Also, now I see no traffic in the sky. I did earlier today. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

5 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I hope there's not a long wait for everyone either. Seemed that FSLTL injector, plus the AI Flow and AI ground apps made AI traffic behave rather well.

Is this video a reference to using FSLTL with AI Ground and AI Flow or a reference to using the built-in SIM AI traffic?

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

28 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Is this video a reference to using FSLTL with AI Ground and AI Flow or a reference to using the built-in SIM AI traffic?

It's a showcase of PSXseeconTraffic + RealTraffic. Right now, it's the only pack that gets AI traffic to behave.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

14 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

It's a showcase of PSXseeconTraffic + RealTraffic. Right now, it's the only pack that gets AI traffic to behave.

I have those products. Do you also use AI Ground and AI Flow or are they not needed?

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

10 minutes ago, Rob G said:

I have those products. Do you also use AI Ground and AI Flow or are they not needed?

You don't need AI Ground or AI Flow, neither AIG's nor FSLTL's traffic injectors with PSXT + RT.

PSXT injects whichever AI models you have installed pretty much from gate-to-gate. Traffic separation is assured because human ATC in the real world made it happen.

The other AI traffic solutions don't use fully live traffic, so require workaround apps in combination with the MSFS' own default traffic engine.

For a lot of people, the full FSLTL package with plus the two flow apps was the closest thing to live traffic. I hope Asobo can fix this problem quickly. It's very harsh on a lot of simmers to have finally found a AI traffic solution, only for it to stop working after just 6 weeks.

On 11/13/2022 at 7:37 PM, F737MAX said:

Traffic separation except for the user's plane is assured because human ATC in the real world made it happen.

FTFY.

James