Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Cockspur C510 Mustang OUT NOW!

12 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

They can't include those due to licensing with Textron.

If that is the case (and the documentation does contain content that had the appearance of being directly imaged from the PoH) then at the very least a  brief summary of typical climb, cruise and descent profiles world be useful.

5 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

If that is the case (and the documentation does contain content that had the appearance of being directly imaged from the PoH) then at the very least a  brief summary of typical climb, cruise and descent profiles world be useful.

I agree.  Did you own the Flight1 Mustang in FSX?  Is this similar or not as detailed?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I agree.  Did you own the Flight1 Mustang in FSX?  Is this similar or not as detailed?

Nope, fraid not. Sorry

Waiting to hear more on this one... I too am a sucker for Biz jets... will never have one in real life... but in sim I can have many. I was excited for a jet to have the NXI... lots of capability there. 

17 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Would like GTN750 option before I buy.

So something that isn't in the actual plane?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

G1000nxi is standard, no wx radar, FMC keypad inop

Hard to blame Cockspur for that; the SU10 NXi is the first to have any sort of plugin capability to add MFD pages and right now we're still working on the docs for that. And the NXi doesn't yet have in-cockpit keypad support.

Weather radar is available, though, if they enable it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I feel it's quite obvious the plane doesn't compare to the Flight1 Mustang as far as functionality.

How bad do you want to fly a C510 Mustang right now?

Or you could wait and see if Flight1 ever releases for MSFS.

I'll keep my eye on this one depending on how consistent the patches/updates for it are.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I am a nobody no name in this community, but I have purchased it and spent the last 2 hours doing FSEconomy hops.  I have also been watching streams on and off this week that the dev has been on, as well as on the discord, so I feel like I can give a somewhat informed opinion.

First off my sim setup I'm using a realsimgear g1000, so I can't speak to any of the NXi integration or some mixed reports I"ve been seeing about the in sim keyboard being inop, I'm not sure if thats by design, bug, or current limitation, but it doesn't affect me, I just spin knobs on my panels.

2nd, the Dev has had a team of 20 beta testers testing this aircraft including at least 1 cessna mustang pilot.  The plane is designed to fly by the numbers in the POH and have similar feel.  Yes the full documentation is not included, but if you go out on google, you can very easily find it.  I'm sure it is a licensing issue.  He was asked in a stream about why he did not include the climb performance, and all of that, he said the sim version is slightly different and if he was to include it he would have to develop it all himself to match the sim, instead of real world, and as a dev team of 1, that is not something he wanted to spend time on.

The dev has been very responsive to feedback.  In fact someone mentioned the toilet wasnt fully modeled on Tuesday and he had it modeled and included in the next build by Wednesday(of this week).  

I did not own the flight1 mustang in FSX but this dev is very much inspired by it, and that is what level he is aiming for.

Cockpit diagrams...if any of yall have ever seen a real POH, not a digital one, but a real one, or like many planes a photocopy of one, the images in this manual are very similar.  That is the look he was going for.  He did not want to do screenshots and point at things, different from other manuals yes, but I love the choice for it.  Another note on responsiveness, the airplane includes a quick reference card on the left side of the dash, click it and it comes up.  Because I use a hardware g1000 I asked could he include a printable version of it, 24 hours later it was added to the manual, and if you look at that quick reference card in the manual it has some graphic details that look like it was scanned in, which is an awesome detail!

G1000 NXi.  He asked on his discord about what the community wanted, hold the release until Working Title got features added to the final g1000nxi to allow him to fully customize it, or release it now with a more basic, standard, vanilia g1000.  The community said release it now, because we don't know when we are getting those features, but in the previous version of the g1000 he had columns in the MFD to show addtional information such as trim settings, and flap settings.  He said as soon as those features are added back to the final g1000nxi they will be added to the plane.

Dev Team: Well...there is 2 people working on this plane, but primarily just 1 person, his name is Seb, he is very active on his discord and has done a great job with this aircraft.  Who is this guy? where did he come from? Well...his day job is working for SWS, yes, that kodiak SWS.  Cockspur is his side hustle.  He has already anounced his next project, the Hawker 800XP on his discord as well.

Comparision to the honda jet...I can't give it to you, I don't own it.  I only fly g1000 airplanes because of my hardware setup.

I will say I'm thrilled with this aircraft, everything that needs to be modeled and functional is modeled and functional(well, the FMS keyboard might be having some issues but I'm sure that will be fixed as soon as possible) and this airplane is a blast to hand fly, it feels great.  Not every airplane in the sim feels great, or feels realistic(I am a RW pilot but just my PPL) but this one feels very good.

Edit: one more note..the dev has said he is going to take this weekend off and start fixing any issues on Monday.  In a stream today he said family is coming in from out of town and its his daughters birthday.

Edited by fluffybunny88
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

"feel it's quite obvious the plane doesn't compare to the Flight1 Mustang as far as functionality"

How can you say that its obvious when nobody has compared the two and you haven't bought the new Mustang.? Not sure if you even owned the Flight1 version.

I think I wait for more informed opinions.

Edited by petejohno1

15 minutes ago, fluffybunny88 said:

I am a nobody no name in this community, but I have purchased it and spent the last 2 hours doing FSEconomy hops.  I have also been watching streams on and off this week that the dev has been on, as well as on the discord, so I feel like I can give a somewhat informed opinion.

First off my sim setup I'm using a realsimgear g1000, so I can't speak to any of the NXi integration or some mixed reports I"ve been seeing about the in sim keyboard being inop, I'm not sure if thats by design, bug, or current limitation, but it doesn't affect me, I just spin knobs on my panels.

2nd, the Dev has had a team of 20 beta testers testing this aircraft including at least 1 cessna mustang pilot.  The plane is designed to fly by the numbers in the POH and have similar feel.  Yes the full documentation is not included, but if you go out on google, you can very easily find it.  I'm sure it is a licensing issue.  He was asked in a stream about why he did not include the climb performance, and all of that, he said the sim version is slightly different and if he was to include it he would have to develop it all himself to match the sim, instead of real world, and as a dev team of 1, that is not something he wanted to spend time on.

The dev has been very responsive to feedback.  In fact someone mentioned the toilet wasnt fully modeled on Tuesday and he had it modeled and included in the next build by Wednesday(of this week).  

I did not own the flight1 mustang in FSX but this dev is very much inspired by it, and that is what level he is aiming for.

Cockpit diagrams...if any of yall have ever seen a real POH, not a digital one, but a real one, or like many planes a photocopy of one, the images in this manual are very similar.  That is the look he was going for.  He did not want to do screenshots and point at things, different from other manuals yes, but I love the choice for it.  Another note on responsiveness, the airplane includes a quick reference card on the left side of the dash, click it and it comes up.  Because I use a hardware g1000 I asked could he include a printable version of it, 24 hours later it was added to the manual, and if you look at that quick reference card in the manual it has some graphic details that look like it was scanned in, which is an awesome detail!

G1000 NXi.  He asked on his discord about what the community wanted, hold the release until Working Title got features added to the final g1000nxi to allow him to fully customize it, or release it now with a more basic, standard, vanilia g1000.  The community said release it now, because we don't know when we are getting those features, but in the previous version of the g1000 he had columns in the MFD to show addtional information such as trim settings, and flap settings.  He said as soon as those features are added back to the final g1000nxi they will be added to the plane.

Dev Team: Well...there is 2 people working on this plane, but primarily just 1 person, his name is Seb, he is very active on his discord and has done a great job with this aircraft.  Who is this guy? where did he come from? Well...his day job is working for SWS, yes, that kodiak SWS.  Cockspur is his side hustle.  He has already anounced his next project, the Hawker 800XP on his discord as well.

Comparision to the honda jet...I can't give it to you, I don't own it.  I only fly g1000 airplanes because of my hardware setup.

I will say I'm thrilled with this aircraft, everything that needs to be modeled and functional is modeled and functional(well, the FMS keyboard might be having some issues but I'm sure that will be fixed as soon as possible) and this airplane is a blast to hand fly, it feels great.  Not every airplane in the sim feels great, or feels realistic(I am a RW pilot but just my PPL) but this one feels very good.

Edit: one more note..the dev has said he is going to take this weekend off and start fixing any issues on Monday.  In a stream today he said family is coming in from out of town and its his daughters birthday.

thank you for this post, I will certainly be getting this soon. Its good to know the developer is onto this it makes all the difference knowing it will get better and wont be a hit and run as happens so often. The developer for the Hjet is very impressive indeed

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I really wanted to fly a small jet that is equipped with the NXI, and the anxiety made me make this huge mistake that was buying this plane.

The NXI is the standard one. Not a single mustang unique feature was added. The layout of the engine parameters are the default ones, totally diferent compared to the real one.

The throttle in the real plane have 2 detents for takeoff and climb, that was not moddeled, and the clickspot for turn the engine on is terrible! 

The rotary test switch? INOP. Pressurization? forget about it. Environmental switches, like air source and cabin fans? All of them INOP.

A lot of default sounds, except the engine ones, that seems fine to me.

If the developer don't work to improve (A LOT) this plane, it will be the first and the last time they will see my money.

I do not have the Honda Jet, but only what i've already heard about it, it's definitively a better choice instead of this one. 15 euros or dollars would be a fair price for this mustang.

2 minutes ago, Felipe Mendes said:

I really wanted to fly a small jet that is equipped with the NXI, and the anxiety made me make this huge mistake that was buying this plane.

The NXI is the standard one. Not a single mustang unique feature was added. The layout of the engine parameters are the default ones, totally diferent compared to the real one.

The throttle in the real plane have 2 detents for takeoff and climb, that was not moddeled, and the clickspot for turn the engine on is terrible! 

The rotary test switch? INOP. Pressurization? forget about it. Environmental switches, like air source and cabin fans? All of them INOP.

A lot of default sounds, except the engine ones, that seems fine to me.

If the developer don't work to improve (A LOT) this plane, it will be the first and the last time they will see my money.

I do not have the Honda Jet, but only what i've already heard about it, it's definitively a better choice instead of this one. 15 euros or dollars would be a fair price for this mustang.

oh yes the Honda Jet is stellar and from a previous post it seems the developer for the Mustang is keen and listens so he will continue to improve the mustang at which point I will surely buy also

Wayne

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

29 minutes ago, petejohno1 said:

"feel it's quite obvious the plane doesn't compare to the Flight1 Mustang as far as functionality"

How can you say that its obvious when nobody has compared the two and you haven't bought the new Mustang.? Not sure if you even owned the Flight1 version.

I think I wait for more informed opinions.

"I'd hold off on this - just in a couple of minutes I've spotted some very odd texture issues that makes the cockpit lettering unreadable without zooming in and that the clickspot on the throttle handles to move them in and out of cut-off can be activated no matter the throttle position."

"circuit breakers not modeled , G1000nxi is standard, no wx radar, FMC keypad inop, no manual "

Please read the thread and keep your emotions at bay.

Thanks!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

oh yes the Honda Jet is stellar and from a previous post it seems the developer for the Mustang is keen and listens so he will continue to improve the mustang at which point I will surely buy also

Wayne

I really hope so my friend, but despite i can't predict the future, i'm really skeptical about this. They are already working on a new plane even before launching the mustang, and its making me very worry. If they are real serious developer, they will have to put aside the hawker project and work really hard on the mustang, before releasing a new plane, otherwise the name of the company will be comprimised, at least to me.