Sign in to follow this  
mikelockwood

Bijan vs Accuseason

Hi All,

I know that this subject has been covered before, but I can't find any recent comparisons between Bijan Seasons 7.2 and the latest Rex Accuseason. Most comparisons are 10 months old now and from what I can gather Rex has grown up a bit since then. I already have the Bijan product but I haven't seen much in the way of updates for a few months. Anyone got any thoughts/suggestions on this?

Regards, Mike

****MIKE****

I have both product but currently use Accuseason.  I like the simplicity and the automation brought by Accuseason.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I prefer Bijan, I love his trees/tropics.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I like the way the trees look in Bijan, much more realistic. Takes me about 5 seconds to switch season with Bijan. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I own both and prefer REX.

The weekly texture sets make a huge difference.  REX is also better on FPS,  REX is still getting regular updates and improvements. Set it up and forget it.

I was impressed with Bijans mod, I'm even more impressed with REX.  Will be interesting to see if Bijan makes a comeback, I look forward to it if so, but for the time being I'm sticking with REX.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, The Moose said:

I own both and prefer REX.

The weekly texture sets make a huge difference.  REX is also better on FPS,  REX is still getting regular updates and improvements. Set it up and forget it.

I was impressed with Bijans mod, I'm even more impressed with REX.  Will be interesting to see if Bijan makes a comeback, I look forward to it if so, but for the time being I'm sticking with REX.

Yeah this is why I am switching. 

23 minutes ago, darshonaut said:

bijan mod seems abandonded, no update since february. it works but what if a sim update breaks it ?

This is what concerns me. Rex started off behind but they do seem to be keeping on top of updates. I’m also drawn to the weekly season changes in REX rather than every 45 days. Thank all of you for your opinions. Think I might give Accuseason a try.

regards Mike 

****MIKE****

I own everything that Bijan has created. Nevertheless, when the updates stopped (which previously were very frequent), I switched to Rex and enjoy the automation and the way things look. I've been flying in the NE US recently and the color changes are quite nice.

I understand that Bijan has had some personal issues of late and I wish him the best. But I really want a product that is updated as needed and easy to use.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I’m very happy with REX for now. Love the weekly changes. It's been a while since I used Bijan's. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I also own both and used Bijan's for well over a year, but also recently switched to REX for the same reasons described here, partly as Bijan's work has not been updated for a long time and he has been largely silent and for the ease of use and variety that REX is providing. I have only been using it for a little while, but it is working great. I really like that it is automated and changes on a weekly basis, unlike Bijan's that is basically every 6 to 8 weeks.

Dan Scott

Going to try out Accuseasons based on the feedback here.   Although my performance issues with the Bijan version I think has been minimal with SU10 it does seem that Accuseasons will be updated where Bijans has no indication it will be any time soon....better to make the move sooner rather then later.   Does anyone have a preference on Cool vs Neutral vs Warm color tone?

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Takes me about 5 seconds to switch season with Bijan. 

Hi Bob. Wanted to say that the reason we and our customers value an automated and non-manual method of switching seasons is because AccuSeason provides weekly seasonal changes, so if our process were manual, customers would be required to manually update their files in Windows Explorer 52 times per year. This would result in many errors and much frustration for the user community. Below are two videos that show what weekly changes looks like. 

End of Summer through Autumn and into Winter Weekly Transition

End of Winter through Spring and into Summer Weekly Transition

• Like 4

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

18 minutes ago, marcg11 said:

Does anyone have a preference on Cool vs Neutral vs Warm color tone?

I've only tried the neutral. But I'm using small size and irregular canopy. And I'm modding the tree size further to about 1/3 of default. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”