Sign in to follow this  
vodka69

FS2020+ DLSS3 review

1 hour ago, FBW737 said:

I really cant see why I would want anything like 100fps or more on FS

so that we can give up 40 fps of those 100 for CPU heavy things like AI (FSLTL) or  "studio" level airliners, multi-monitor, smoother instrument panel refresh, more complex lighting, scenery and weather, clouds, ATC and still not descend below 60 fps. After all, none of the 140 fps DLSS 3.0 demos were flown in a 737 in KBOS, EGLL, KLAX etc.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 5

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

6 hours ago, turbomax said:

so that we can give up 40 fps of those 100 for CPU heavy things like AI (FSLTL) or  "studio" level airliners, multi-monitor, smoother instrument panel refresh, more complex lighting, scenery and weather, clouds, ATC and still not descend below 60 fps. After all, none of the 140 fps DLSS 3.0 demos were flown in a 737 in KBOS, EGLL, KLAX etc.

wrote this in the other thread. I want to see benches done w complex A/C addons and major hub airports notorious for heavy CPU/GPU load usage. 

• Like 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

44 minutes ago, wiler said:

I want to see benches done w complex A/C addons and major hub airports notorious for heavy CPU/GPU load usage. 

we all do. I hope/expect around 50% fps increase over a 3090, giving me constant 60 fps up from 40 fps in such CPU heavy situations. might require to also update to the most powerful CPUs. for the first time constant @ 4k @ 60 fps @ ultra settings @ KBOS/KLAX/EGLL @ FSLTL settings seems within reach.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Anyone testing on triple 4K monitors? I have a 3090 and get about 20fps, I would gladly buy a 4090 if it means another 10fps!

55 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

I would gladly buy a 4090 if it means another 10fps!

50% pure rasterization increase (without DLSS 3.0) sounds reasonable assuming you have a powerful CPU around 5 GHz. Are you willing to use DLSS 3.0? fine print in glass cockpits with DLSS 3.0 looks still as fuzzy around speed/altitude tapes as DLSS 2.0. for analog instruments or scenery only that is no issue. the higher the resolution the more the 4090 outperforms a 3090. therefore I think multi monitor would make sense.

very nice.

1 hour ago, GodAtum said:

Anyone testing on triple 4K monitors? I have a 3090 and get about 20fps, I would gladly buy a 4090 if it means another 10fps!

More testing has shown DP 1.4 not 2.0.  will max at 120Hz this card will not make use of the new and future Monitors with DP2.0 244hz 

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

More testing has shown DP 1.4 not 2.0.  will max at 120Hz this card will not make use of the new and future Monitors with DP2.0 244hz 

Is that Victor Meldrew in your profile pic?! 

12 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Is that Victor Meldrew in your profile pic?! 

Yes I'm the grumpy old git.😣 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

13 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

Son, never heard PMDG/Fenix/FBW studio airplanes?

Son, you've got a way to fall
They'll tell you where to go
But they won't know
Son, you'd better take it all
They'll tell you what they know
But they won't show

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

11 hours ago, turbomax said:

• Just landed the PMDG 738 into Fly Tampa's KLAS pre-dawn with lights blazing throughout the area.
  • T-LOD 100 is my standard for this plane into complex terminals, like FT's KLAS
  • Landing was 100% stutter-free, smooth, lovely, at 30FPS
  • A couple of spots while turning I got a slight stutter.  About 4x from TD to gate.  I'm sure dropping T-LOD to 80 would very likely have fixed these 4 minor stutter events.
  • Visually, in a double-blinded, "normal" use of the simulator in this exact scenario I defy anyone to be able to discern the difference between T-LOD of 100, or 150, and even 200--hardly matters!  Oh sure, you can get out your magnifying glass to discern the difference but that only happens when all you look for is "performance".  Fly the fricking sim!
  • Yes, I wouldn't mind rock solid 40FPS whenever my screen goes I'll aim for this with a 120mHz display.  But here's the catch:  at landing at KLAS the only weak link was my now 3y/o CPU which is roughly 50% slower than i9-13900K's initial projections and that is WAY MORE CPU than needed to overcome those....4 brief stutters.  My 3080Ti was at around 55% utilization, and about 8Gb of VRAM in use.

FPS obsession is a disease that keeps one from enjoying to the max what is already a perfectly wonderful sim--try A Pilot's Life v2 if you need a real purpose to fly which scores all of your flights according to a slew of criteria.  I've had only 3 perfect scores now in the 738 as it's taken a while to get use to my new and totally awesome Boeing Edition Pendulum Yoke and TQ.

If n when Asobo takes visuals to the next level--you know, the one above the current maxed out level, sure there likely will become a need for better hardware including the GPU in this thread.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 minutes ago, Noel said:
  • Just landed the PMDG 738 into Fly Tampa's KLAS pre-dawn with lights blazing throughout the area.
  • T-LOD 100 is my standard for this plane into complex terminals, like FT's KLAS
  • Landing was 100% stutter-free, smooth, lovely, at 30FPS
  • A couple of spots while turning I got a slight stutter.  About 4x from TD to gate.  I'm sure dropping T-LOD to 80 would very likely have fixed these 4 minor stutter events.
  • Visually, in a double-blinded, "normal" use of the simulator in this exact scenario I defy anyone to be able to discern the difference between T-LOD of 100, or 150, and even 200--hardly matters!  Oh sure, you can get out your magnifying glass to discern the difference but that only happens when all you look for is "performance".  Fly the fricking sim!
  • Yes, I wouldn't mind rock solid 40FPS whenever my screen goes I'll aim for this with a 120mHz display.  But here's the catch:  at landing at KLAS the only weak link was my now 3y/o CPU which is roughly 50% slower than i9-13900K's initial projections and that is WAY MORE CPU than needed to overcome those....4 brief stutters.  My 3080Ti was at around 55% utilization, and about 8Gb of VRAM in use.

FPS obsession is a disease that keeps one from enjoying to the max what is already a perfectly wonderful sim--try A Pilot's Life v2 if you need a real purpose to fly which scores all of your flights according to a slew of criteria.  I've had only 3 perfect scores now in the 738 as it's taken a while to get use to my new and totally awesome Boeing Edition Pendulum Yoke and TQ.

If n when Asobo takes visuals to the next level--you know, the one above the current maxed out level, sure there likely will become a need for better hardware including the GPU in this thread.  

Is this with a 4090 ?
Or with your 3080TI?

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

2 minutes ago, altenae said:

Is this with a 4090 ?

no one has tested that using a 4090 yet. Captain Piett might be the first one, we are all watching and waving "good buy" in real time in FSLTL as his box leaves today from Berlin to London. I wish for him it arrives before the weekend, waiting must be a torture.

• Like 1

very nice.

19 minutes ago, Noel said:

Quite true from my point of view with a great quote "Fly the fricking sim!" to boot!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

I see a new nvidia driver is out for 40xx support for DLSS 3 for MSFS. 

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new DLSS
titles including Gotham Knights, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, and Dakar Desert
Rally. In addition, this Game Ready Driver supports the first new DLSS 3 titles including A Plague
Tale: Requiem, Justice, Loopmancer, F1 22, Bright Memory: Infinite, SUPER PEOPLE, Microsoft
Flight Simulator, and Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered. This Game Ready Driver also includes
significant DirectX 12 performance optimizations which can dramatically improve performance
for GeForce 30 Series GPUs.

Edited by espent
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //