Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

AI Traffic Improvement SU11

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Still get quite a few generics though. Apparently it can be solved although I haven't tried it (yet):

Yes, setting generic models to off doesn't work, unfortunately. Only the method recommended by Corsten worked for me.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

54 minutes ago, aniiran said:

has the spinning finally stopped?

Didn't see any yet.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, aniiran said:

has the spinning finally stopped?

No, but they’re spinning so slow now you won’t really notice unless you take the camera right up to the wheels 

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

I am still getting no outbound traffic on SU11 beta and Fsltl. Injector may say xx aircraft is pushing back for xx runway but nothing happens. Planes arrive but nothing leaves even at Egll when real world flights and coming and going. Might reinstall the app later when home

• Like 1

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

32 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

No, but they’re spinning so slow now you won’t really notice unless you take the camera right up to the wheels 

Good that they are working on it. This certainly looks much better. I still wonder why they didn‘t make it stop completely.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I'm not in the beta - but am following this and have a question.  Why would FSLTL even be needed anymore if they have fixed the AI landing and departing ?

1 hour ago, Tony P said:

I'm not in the beta - but am following this and have a question.  Why would FSLTL even be needed anymore if they have fixed the AI landing and departing ?

I would say even when Asobo got AI fixed you will still need the correct models from AIG and FSLTL for AI model matching...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

Good that they are working on it. This certainly looks much better. I still wonder why they didn‘t make it stop completely.

Agreed, it looks better,  this is a strange problem.  I wish someone could explain why they have to spin. Thanks Tuskin38

5 minutes ago, aniiran said:

Agreed, it looks better,  this is a strange problem.  I wish someone could explain why they have to spin.

Because the Earth is rotating. If the aircraft didn't spin, they wouldn't be able to stay in the same place... 👍😁
[/sarcasm]

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Because the Earth is rotating. If the aircraft didn't spin, they wouldn't be able to stay in the same place... 👍😁
[/sarcasm]

Strangely enough, you are not too far from the truth.  What you are looking at my friend is the Coriolis effect, which affects the aircraft in this way because the ground friction is out of whack at the moment.
Every aircraft with a magnetic compass in will be affected by this - i.e., all of them!  "You cannot beat the laws of physics" {Montgomery Scott - Engineer}

This occurs in sim because one of the changes between FSX and MSFS is that MSFS uses a proper globe physics with realistic curvature.  Flight-Simmers who are also Flat-Earthers won't buy MSFS for this very reason!    :unsure:

PS. Asobo are looking at applying an anti-Coriolis correction factor to their formulas (based on latitude) to prevent this on moving aircraft as well, as there is no static friction to adjust when rolling, and rolling friction is affected by centrifugal forces anyway.
You may have seen that some aircraft in the northern hemisphere pull to the left on take off, while those in the southern hemisphere pull to the right - that's the Coriolis Effect ( and also caused a bit by being upside down when they are down there in Australia etc.)

What a simulator, eh?  Asobo simulate all this physics and nobody takes notice!   And some people think they only do Computational Fluid Dynamics - Ha!

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, aniiran said:

Agreed, it looks better,  this is a strange problem.  I wish someone could explain why they have to spin. Thanks Tuskin38

My guess is, it has to do with the stuck aircraft logic, which starts a timer to remove non-moving (stuck) AI from the sim.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

What a simulator, eh?  Asobo simulate all this physics and nobody takes notice!   And some people think they only do Computational Fluid Dynamics - Ha!

Strangely enough, this is also their undoing. Because this card structure is so elaborate, it doesn't take much for things to go wrong and when they do - its so very hard to fix or adjust simply because of the multitude of parameters, variables and computations going on. On top of that, many of them are sandboxed and can't be adjusted or tinkered with...

8 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Thanks @Tuskin38 - appreciate you looking into this. Not sure why, but I actually feel a little deceived by Asobo on this - Turns out they didn't really fix the rotating/spinning aircraft  they just reduced it significantly :)

Either way, I guess at least they're doing SOMETHING for the AI - We've got to keep the pressure on them. Its encouraging to see so many people voting for AI related topics on the MSFS Forums.

• Like 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

On 10/16/2022 at 10:22 AM, Piotr007 said:

How about the performance degradation? I still observe after 2 hrs or so certain performance degradation presumably caused by AI.

It still does it. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro