Sign in to follow this  
seamaster55

New entry on p3d website - implied future actions?

16 hours ago, Chapstick said:

You guys are reading way too much into this post. They do developer spotlights often and they're called "[Developer] Design Showcase." There's always a subtitle and it doesn't mean anything. See this one: https://www.prepar3d.com/p3d-developer-network/2022/02/120966/

Are you sure they do? 😉

M.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

It's been a while since I wandered into the P3D forums. Still, it sure feels like a good conversation can't be had without the topic changing into how people in the other sim are doing XYZ to get XYZ, or that sim is just eye candy, while this one is the true sim of advanced avionics and aircraft...

Can't we be grateful we have so many options to choose from?

I've been so grateful to P3D for getting me through the last seven years, but honestly, I haven't flown it for nearly a year now, and I still have it installed. But the constant tinkering to get it "right' was getting old. 

Hopefully, LM can update it for its core demographic base. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

One of the things that was always missing I thought - from FSX/p3d, was a decent VFR map, one that showed things on it - like the maps on skyvector.com, with a decent amount of detail, and large enough on screen for you to interact with it well.

The present one just doesn't cut it really, it dates right from the beginning of fsx, even fs2004 I think.

Have to use Little Navmap to fill that void.😦

• Like 1

I can't wait to spend another $200 on a new version of P3D.😡

Pete Locascio

1 hour ago, tamba765 said:

I can't wait to spend another $200 on a new version of P3D.😡

See your messages.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I to look forward to a v6...

One thing that comes to mind...

I hope all of my add ons work out of the box so to speak as I cannot see developers scrambling to make their products v6 compatible...there just isn't the market anymore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davenicoll said:

I hope all of my add ons work out of the box so to speak as I cannot see developers scrambling to make their products v6 compatible...there just isn't the market anymore.

That's exactly what the problem will be !
Unfortunately, there will probably be no more updates from most developers....

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

1 hour ago, ggerolamo said:

That's exactly what the problem will be !
Unfortunately, there will probably be no more updates from most developers....

I think that when "developers" see the NEW version 6, they will want to be part of this particular sim!  That' my opinion!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, spilok said:

I think that when "developers" see the NEW version 6, they will want to be part of this particular sim!  That' my opinion!

Only if it will make them enough money to be worth spending the time on development.

Once upon a time, developers serving P3D would have clear expectations about the number of copies they could expect to sell, and decided if a particular product was worth the investment on that basis. Now, they have access to a platform where potentially (and I use that word advisedly), for roughly the same amount of work, they can sell orders of magnitude more copies, even if usually for a lower price. Which do you think they will pick? In an ideal world they would do both but in the real world people and time are expensive and there's little to no downside in terms of revenue or reputation in abandoning P3D, especially if they don't hang out in forums like this one to hear the complaints of the users they abandoned.

The developers are never coming back unless the mass market comes to P3D or the other sim closes down. That's (sadly) my opinion.

• Like 3

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

I had a chat with a developer and they said compiling code for a switch for a P3D aircraft took far longer than it did for a MSFS aircraft. When you take into account the number of compiles that is a far longer development time. Time = money.

Then earlier this year Gary Summons of UK2000 said he was giving up P3D because of the same reason. The tools now available for MSFS made it much easier for him to create better looking airports with less effort.

I’m not saying all P3D developers have the same problem. I’m sure there are different tools for scenery and aircraft development that might make the job easier.

It does seem to me that apart from the financial benefits of developing for MSFS the rather old base engine of ESP is not helping them. I can’t see how that could change without a major rewrite and that probably breaches the agreement with Microsoft even if LM had the appetite to do it which I doubt.

I doubt we’ll see anything revolutionary in a v6.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I doubt we’ll see anything revolutionary in a v6.

Then why v6 and not 5.4?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Just now, Juliet Alpha said:

Then why v6 and not 5.4?

I don’t make the rules and it’s just my opinion, not a statement of fact.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You are right. Sorry 😆

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

On 10/21/2022 at 9:37 PM, spearmint_flyer said:

I've been so grateful to P3D for getting me through the last seven years, but honestly, I haven't flown it for nearly a year now, and I still have it installed. But the constant tinkering to get it "right' was getting old

Describes me to a tee also!

-B