Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

MD-11 from Sky Simulations

71.25 euro is quite alot though!

Maybe they felt a bit paniked and pulled a fast release with the a310-release tomorrow, seing as its another long haul competitor. And  free one aswell.

Edited by EnSnellHest

3 minutes ago, Dillon said:

This same model has been out since FS9.  It looks exactly the same.  I had the FS9 version... So for those of us that's been around awhile we know exactly what this is.  It's a port over from FS9, to FSX, to P3D with no real changes that's not worth a fraction of the $57 asking price.

Is it though? It appears to have gone through several iterations and updates with ratings on simmarket ranging from 1-5 stars for the P3D version. I’d imagine it’s one guy making this thing considering it’s been 4 years from the P3D release. I’m not suggesting that it’s significantly better than those releases because I simply don’t know. 

I am using what I’ve read on the product page as a guide. The “features” sound a bit off to me. For example, one of the highlighted features is that the Landing Gear has 3 green lights. 🤔 not really something to brag about when making a heavy airliner. It could be that English is not the dev’s first language, but …landing gear indications?? Really?

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

I'd stay away.  Just as I did for the P3D version

• Like 1

Too pricy in my opinion. Will wait for some intelligent review

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Their FMC is a default one, and the textures look rubbish. If  you want a decent MD-11, check out the Rotate MD-11 for X-Plane, it 's improving with every patch, even though it got off to a shady start. 

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

6 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

If you want a decent MD-11, check out the Rotate MD-11 for X-Plane

In case you didn't know, you're in the MSFS forum...🧐

There's an alternative MD11 coming for MSFS that should be what we're looking for but offering X-Plane titles as an option doesn't work as products designed for XPlane don't work in MSFS.  Also many aren't using both sims.😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I think I will wait for the TFDI version and just keep flying the MD-82 for the time being.

28 minutes ago, Dillon said:

In case you didn't know, you're in the MSFS forum...🧐

There's an alternative MD11 coming for MSFS that should be what we're looking for but offering X-Plane titles as an option doesn't work as products designed for XPlane don't work in MSFS.  Also many aren't using both sims.😉

Yes, I did know that. The subject is on the MD-11 is it not? 

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

9 minutes ago, rutra said:

Jeez, daylight robbery...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Just now, thibodba57 said:

Stay away.  Far, far, far , FAR away.

Roger that! I figured from responses in this thread another money grab attempt 😞

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Waiting on some annoying Youtube shill who received it for free to hype this product as part of a promotional agreement...😏

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

9 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Roger that! I figured from responses in this thread another money grab attempt 😞

They never produced a single decent aircraft for P3D or FSX so I'd agree. Stay very far away.

They released an MD-11 for FSX/P3D twice... the claim to fame was they added PBR. Yet, the aircraft had all default gauge logic, no working FMC or nav display, default nav data which in P3D is hopelessly out of date and impossible to interact with. The DC-9 didn't age well, had a bad VC, awful systems logic, and didn't seem to have decent flight dynamics.

I wouldn't pay $20 let alone $57

Edit: Confirmed from watching 5 minutes of that stream, it appears to have issues even adding airways...

Edited by mspencer