Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Low-rez jpeg textures, the cabin not part of the interior model, etc.,  that's what they're doing. 

A lot of folks seem to be just fine with that.

Aren't you tired of spouting the same bs every day?  🥴

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

4 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Aren't you tired of spouting the same bs every day?  🥴

Are you saying, I'm wrong? 

In addition, since I'm the (virtual) owner of PMDG's 737-700. I'll exercise my right to voice my opinion. 😄

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Init b page works fine for me.

Tried it again now and it works, was giving me a "not allowed message" last night. Oh well.

[Edit]: Scratch that, it was pilot error, Init B isn't available when the engines are running.

Edited by JSmith2112

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Just finished my first 8 hour flight with it, it taxies great, its takeoff is what is expected of an old airliner like this with proper FLCH working then following the profile accordingly, it ate up the 3600nm route seamlessly, intercepted an ILS approach at destination with no issues at all while providing me with a great (free) experience. I honestly don't know what's all the fuss with "low FPS" as i have none of that and cabin? Why on earth would i even care about a cabin?

Happy camper here.

• Like 7

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

It has started

A310icon.jpg

First scripts are made, looking very promising!!!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First flight with the A310 and I am liking it a lot. It might be my new favourite airliner in MSFS. Love those jets mixing an oldschool flight-deck with some modern elements here and there. 

As a long-time user of the XP11 A300/310, I have not noticed major differences in the basic operations. The plane does look much prettier in MSFS, of coure.

The new frame generation feature of the 4090 also allowed me to take off from KORD with full AI traffic while keeping 60 fps. Great stuff! Just missing a Stream Deck profile now...

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 6

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

14 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Just finished my first 8 hour flight with it, it taxies great, its takeoff is what is expected of an old airliner like this with proper FLCH working then following the profile accordingly, it ate up the 3600nm route seamlessly, intercepted an ILS approach at destination with no issues at all while providing me with a great (free) experience. I honestly don't know what's all the fuss with "low FPS" as i have none of that and cabin? Why on earth would i even care about a cabin?

Happy camper here.

Hmmm Nuno,

have to give it a new try then because I didn't like the "feel of flight" that much 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I didn't like the "feel of flight" that much

Of course you didn't

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Hmmm Nuno,

have to give it a new try then because I didn't like the "feel of flight" that much 😕

She's an old girl, don't expect it to react like an A330 🙂

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Trying some hand flying: STOP RUDDER INPUT, STOP RUDDER INPUT the plane starts shouting at me. Hilarious.

• Like 3

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

17 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I honestly don't know what's all the fuss with "low FPS"

It appears the low FPS issue doesn't affect everyone. According to iniBuilds, some people are triggering the fast WASM compile of the A310 while others are not triggering it. For those that are triggering the fast WASM compile of the A310, they are getting poor FPS. Typically, you would be triggering the fast WASM compile of the A310 if it loaded very quickly on you the first time you fly it.

If the A310 were compiled normally, it would take a long time to compile, just like the PMDG 737 takes a long time to compile and load, the first time you fly it (ie. that is, the loading screen takes way longer the first time you fly the PMDG 737 or A310).

Anyways, iniBuilds is looking into this issue now. If you are getting good FPS with the A310, chances are, MSFS compiled the A310 normally for you, rather than using the fast WASM compile option.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

It appears the low FPS issue doesn't affect everyone. According to iniBuilds, some people are triggering the fast WASM compile of the A310 while others are not triggering it. For those that are triggering the fast WASM compile of the A310, they are getting poor FPS. Typically, you would be triggering the fast WASM compile of the A310 if it loaded very quickly on you the first time you fly it.

This might explain it as it did take ~8 minutes to compile mostly like the PMDG models.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

If the A310 were compiled normally, it would take a long time to compile, just like the PMDG 737 takes a long time to compile and load, the first time you fly it (ie. that is, the loading screen takes way longer the first time you fly the PMDG 737 or A310).

Anyways, iniBuilds is looking into this issue now. If you are getting good FPS with the A310, chances are, MSFS compiled the A310 normally for you, rather than using the fast WASM compile option.

Thanks for the info. Exactly what happened for me, was very quick to load on first launch, and then 17 FPS.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉