Sign in to follow this  
blingthinger

XP12 Early Access status live stream

27 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Laminar never cared about scenery is disingenuous at best.

No one said they never cared? 💁‍♂️ simply that Austin has U-turned with regards to streaming satellite scenery…. 

Man oh man for you black is blue….! Such hard work, do you ever actually ever ever ever accept criticism? 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Daube said:

If we want to compare, we should do a real comparison, not check two completely different situations and view angles. Shaders and related options such as "bloom" etc will impact how a picture look depending on what is included in the field of view. Finally, graphic options should also be similar (I'm looking at the complete lack of shadows in your hangar for example, which is not helping to evaluate the quality of the lighting).

His little comparison was so ridiculous I chose not to respond. Past experience with him shows that he does not care what you say no matter how valid, no matter how much evidence is presented, he will stick to his guns and I don't want to waste my time. The XP

17 hours ago, Baber20 said:

You mean like this ?

Oh wait that is msfs..

Yeah MSFS clouds can get too dark sometimes, especially when you crank up the density in the custom presets. I hardly ever see that in live weather. Meanwhile, XP12 clouds are a low rez mess 100% of the time....pick your poison I guess

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

he just u-turned and said they were now looking in to it.

Can you give it a rest ? What even is your problem here ? As far as I can tell it is good news for Xplane 12 users but you seem to keep on babbling about U-turn. He made a correct albeit a late decision. Let it go for your own sanity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Yeah MSFS clouds can get too dark sometimes, especially when you crank up the density

I am afraid it's not just about the clouds being dark. There is an inherent problem in the lighting engine with how the clouds absorb light. Seb explained this in one of their QAs and also said they will rework their lighting engine in the future to fix the volcanic clouds. It's not just about pumping up the brightness of the clouds to make them whiter. The entire cloud shading is a fiasco.

• Like 1

Baber

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

They are identical locations in the two sims, one I actually care about. He was asked to post that ms screenshot the last time he made such unsubstantiated claims, but in the end someone else did it for him recently, back then we were comparing the XP11 version

mparbEj.png

Now MS is competing with the XP12 version

blflAQI.png

Which is already outdated from the few weeks ago this was taken (Laminar updated the hanger objects a Beta or two ago - see the deer screenshot)

Which brings me right back round to

Because I am a long way from convinced he said what some posts seem to think he said.

My remark to you was about doing proper comparisons, which you didn't.

Is your last XP12 screenshot above supposed to help convince anybody that X12 lighting is superior to other sims ? I really don't think so.

The screenshots posted a bit earlier by Filou were really showing X12 lighting in all its glory (provided no additional shaders were added). Your screenshot is not.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Baber20 said:

The entire cloud shading is a fiasco.

That statement is the real fiasco. Seb spoke specifically about one issue the current lighting model causes. He never said that there was a problem overall. Cloud depiction in MSFS is much, much better than what XP12 currently offers. If you want to delude yourself into thinking that isn't the case, then that's you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What has bugs?

Satellite imagery meshing in the current XP12 beta, especially around water.

nNyHlnA.png

They are aware and working on it, but it doesn't look like it will be ready for the first "full release" in a few weeks - not a huge issue tho. So I'm asking for the timestamp where Austin says Laminar is working on providing satellite imagery (which would be a U-turn), rather than Laminar is working on fixing support for satellite imagery and Ortho4XP, which is a well known and discussed issue even from before the early access launch.

46 minutes ago, Daube said:

help convince anybody that X12 lighting is superior to other sims ? I really don't think so.

It shows what XP12 can do (in VR - they are my current VR settings).

rA7ya6P.png

shows what MS can do, no one cares about our opinion of the two, they are capable of seeing with their own eyes. If you want me to use a better MS screenshot, post it

I can't because

On 11/29/2022 at 1:09 AM, mSparks said:

I dont have it, or an xbox. My friends are all on PS4 still, but we dont game much. 

Ive thought a couple of times when I feel like a change about installing it on the wifes windows laptop which has an rtx3060 in it, but then I remember $150 for something I'll likely never use probably isnt worth it, and just fire up csgo in a different game mode...

And none of the unsubstantiated claims being made so far make me want to change that even a little bit.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

14 minutes ago, mSparks said:

It shows what XP12 can do (in VR - they are my current VR settings).

rA7ya6P.png

shows what MS can do, no one cares about our opinion of the two, they are capable of seeing with their own eyes. If you want me to use a better MS screenshot, post it

I can't because

And none of the unsubstantiated claims being made so far make me want to change that even a little bit.

Ah, yes I saw your reply in which you claimed you need to spend 150 dollars to buy MSFS, ignoring the information that MSFS actually starts at 70 dollars only... If you can't even tell the price of a sim properly, what value your other assertions have exactly ?

6 minutes ago, Daube said:

Ah, yes I saw your reply in which you claimed you need to spend 150 dollars to buy MSFS, ignoring the information that MSFS actually starts at 70 dollars only... If you can't even tell the price of a sim properly, what value your other assertions have exactly ?

I'd need to buy windows as well at minimum. dumped that trash more than a decade ago. It would actually cost me a lot more than 150 dollars to get MSFS up and running on my own system (RTX3070, AMD5900X).

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

42 minutes ago, Krakin said:

That statement is the real fiasco. Seb spoke specifically about one issue the current lighting model causes. He never said that there was a problem overall. Cloud depiction in MSFS is much, much better than what XP12 currently offers. If you want to delude yourself into thinking that isn't the case, then that's you.

Your presence in this thread is also a real fiasco where you have nothing to offer but start pointless debate over which SIM is better. But hey if better cloud depiction for you means volcanic ash looking broccoli clouds then I have nothing more to say here.

Baber

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

but you seem to keep on babbling about U-turn

Me babbling about it?! Give your head a wobble lad, if anyone is babbling on about it, it is Mspark guy, hence the reason for my replies! So wind your neck back in please.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

means volcanic ash looking broccoli clouds then

Maybe thats how clouds look when you are sat in economy class? could be something to do with the glass in the cabin?

AutoATC Developer

37 minutes ago, mSparks said:

tho. So I'm asking for the timestamp where Austin says Laminar is working on providing satellite imagery

I mean it’s literally the FOURTH post in this discussion. Why don’t you try READING it?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Your presence in this thread

Yours is just antagonistic so 💁‍♂️

• Like 1