Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Constant CTD since last update

46 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Sorry for being cryptic. HAGS is hardware accelerated GPU scheduling. It’s an option under graphics settings under windows settings menus. It says it helps with low latency etc but Turn it off to prevent CTD. 

Maybe I have to turn it on to prevent my ctd's 😄

Im kinda grown into su11, when I start my sim in the morning and get almost to the end of loading screen after flightplanning,CTD, im like, a yeah baby just warming ya up for round to. 

Round to, Everything works, smooth flying, then bang, g3000 freeze, but ok honey been in the saddle before not gonna give up, then 20 minutt g 3000 just starts working after half the leg:). But no, then that word not allowed atc talk start to tank my frames and decides to go awol and leave me on final alone. But I adapt land smoothly.

Round three, perfect ride:)

This sums up my latest sessiens with su eleven, think like 1 and a half week like someone mentioned in an above post.

Edited by Kaboki

Thanks for the info guys  - and Thank you to other Posters in this thread for sharing their experiences, it is most appreciated. 

Regards Blue

Edit: I thought I'd quoted '747'  & '737'  for their responses - clearly not, but Thanks guys.

Edited by Bluescaster

I thought my CTDs were related to a single flightplan (KSAV-KBHM low altitude airways IFR) as they always happened along the same stretch and even on the same ATC freq. I had tried completing that route at least 10-15 times with each resulting in a CTD after over and hour of flying.  But I'm getting them on other flights now. They usually happen between about 45mins to 1 1/2hr of flight time. Last weekend,  I flew a route from KTHA-KTBR 5 times and did not complete it once without a CTD.  Really is frustrating.

Edited by Phantoms
as always, spelling

James

It may be server issues...  Yesterday I had CTD everytime I loaded at FSDT KORD.  I am using the AAU beta 1 though.  Today I experienced Connection Lost messages every other minute or so.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

15 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

This is currently my 7th attempt  today to start MSFS and fly a bit for a change. 

Three times it CTDd even before reaching the world map, the other three times it crashed shortly after "fly now". Every time it is a clr.dll fault, meaning something really deep inside. All addons and programmatic modules have been disabled. 
When I make it to the cockpit once in a while, the sim will inevitably shut down after 20 minutes of flight. Sometimes it is better, sometimes it is worse, but the 20 minutes limit is always there somehow. 

I had the same problem on the computer before this one, so I have to assume that it might be my USB peripherals (I often hear the Windows connect/disconnect sounds near when the sim is about to crash). I wish that I could turn the entire controller detection logic off in MSFS, like you can in P3D/FSX...

Edit - and the 8th attempt failed as well. Made it to the cockpit, set up the flight (default Baron 58, VFR from LIEO to LIEE) - and when I was on the take off run everything stopped and MSFS shut down. So that's it for today.

(sorry for the rant. I know that it serves no purpose - but these issues have become so bad lately that I had to get it out of my system...).

I would unplug all the USB peripherals and see what the sim does. No CTD, plug one in and try again, no CTD, plug a second one in, repeat. If you get a CTD on say plugging in the 4th one, unplug it and try another one to rule out that particular peripheral. 

Eric 

I turned off "live" traffic and AI, only left multiplayer on, CTDs and all other issues I had are gone....

On 12/7/2022 at 6:00 AM, Lorby_SI said:

That is of course correct. Which makes it even more frustrating when I do have a bit of time and the sim just hates me...

Give the following a try...

Run the following commands in Powershell (admin rights)…

Go through each of the following steps one at a time. Copy each line, one at a time , paste it into the Dos window (crtl + V) and press return

and it will then run. Wait until each runs and finishes before you move on to the next one.

When you are completely finished, Restart your computer and then try to see in MS2020 will start and run properly

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

RESTART your computer as the last step. Then go for a test flight.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

On 12/8/2022 at 12:48 AM, Phantoms said:

I thought my CTDs were related to a single flightplan (KSAV-KBHM low altitude airways IFR) as they always happened along the same stretch and even on the same ATC freq. I had tried completing that route at least 10-15 times with each resulting in a CTD after over and hour of flying.  But I'm getting them on other flights now. They usually happen between about 45mins to 1 1/2hr of flight time. Last weekend,  I flew a route from KTHA-KTBR 5 times and did not complete it once without a CTD.  Really is frustrating.

Exactly the same situation has happened to me between EDLO and LFOS. I'm glad(?) I'm not the only one.

• Upvote 2

At this point, I've had a ton of CTDs and I'm getting very frustrated.  I use almost vanilla MSFS with very few add-ons/mods and since the 40th anniv update I get crashes all the time.  Before I hardly got any!

• Upvote 2

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]