Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MCP Device for MSFS

I am looking for a plug-in usb device to hopefully do MSP functions for MSFS. At a minimum I am hoping to get something that would provide a rotary knob for altitude and one for vertical speed so I don’t have to use a mouse to do this on the CRJ and the 737-700.   Can anyone who has something that  is working point me in the right direction?

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Opencockpits MCP is very good choice 

Use with Oi4FS it will let you control both the CRJ and the PMDG 737 airplanes plus most other airplanes in.MSFS.

Edited by nas123

Streamdeck + with Lorby's Axis and Ohs is worth considering. 

I use a Streamdeck XL and then I got some dual concentric rotary controllers  https://www.propwashsim.com/store/dual-encoder-kit

which I soldered up to an arduino that converts them to keyboard commands which AAOs can read and translate to sim commands.  But I didn't have the option of the streamdeck+ then.

• Upvote 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

It really depends on how serious you are about an MCP and what kind of budget you have. I bought the CPFlight combo EFIS/MCP a couple of years ago and am extremely happy with the product. There are of course alternatives which have already been suggested from competitors such as Opencockpits, but these are effectively full size replicas of the real units. There is also a new kid on the block called Cockpit Simulator, they produce a CDU which is branded by Cockpit Master and they have been working on an MCP/EFIS unit which they say is about to be released to the market imminently, ie, this month. These units are not cheap, but as I have said, it really depends on your budget. If your budget is limited, then yes, you could follow the suggestion of using Stream Deck with Axis&Ohs. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

This is about to release. As in days. Pricing tbd. Fully supported out of the gate by spad.next. I’d wait and check it out. 

https://www.cockpit-simulator.com

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

FWIW I used to sim with a full B747 EFIS, MCP and EICAS module set- which was great, but limited in airframe applicability.

Several years ago I switched to a VRInsight Boeing MCP2 which is driven by @Lorby_SI ‘s Axis and Ohs and Bridge program and supported by @guenseli ‘s modules. At his urging I added a StreamDeck XL and haven’t looked back.

Whilst the form factor is generic, it can control anything from a 172 to Boeing and Airbus transports. It has NavCom capabilities and is an excellent compromise between form factor and universal applicability. The StreamDeck is an added bonus for selected functions I use repeatedly.

As with everything, it’s horses for courses… HTH

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I use spad.next to make my mcp work in multiple types. Same concept as last post. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

59 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I use spad.next to make my mcp work in multiple types. Same concept as last post. 

Yes even though my Goflight MCP PRO looks like a 737 unit I can use it in a multitude of aircraft using the excellent Goflight Interface Tool.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I use the Honeycomb Bravo (with AAO) for all autopilot functions both in the C172 and the Fenix A320.

18 hours ago, FrankR409 said:

I am looking for a plug-in usb device to hopefully do MSP functions for MSFS. At a minimum I am hoping to get something that would provide a rotary knob for altitude and one for vertical speed so I don’t have to use a mouse to do this on the CRJ and the 737-700.   Can anyone who has something that  is working point me in the right direction?

Great product at an awesome price !!! https://www.laptime.nl/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

13 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

This is very interesting to me. Do they ship to the US? I downloaded the manual and it appears FS2020 views it as another controller that you can assign various functions to. I use AAO so I’m assuming I could use that to assign everything to this with. @Lorby_SI do you think this will work with AAO? They have a manual you can look at on their website but I’m thinking this would be a perfect MCP match to go with AAO.

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

I'll chime in with the suggestion of a Behringer X-Touch Mini coupled with either SPAD.next or AAO.

https://www.amazon.ca/Behringer-XTOUCHMINI-BEHRINGER-X-TOUCH-MINI/dp/B013JLZCLS

Gives you 8 physical rotary encoders (with a push button function) and 16 physical buttons to do with as you see fit. And you can switch between an "A" and "B" layer which will give you 16 virtual rotary encoders and 32 virtual buttons. Very versatile and significantly cheaper than a dedicated MCP unit. 

But not as pretty.

Edited by Malaromane
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, B777ER said:

This is very interesting to me. Do they ship to the US? I downloaded the manual and it appears FS2020 views it as another controller that you can assign various functions to. I use AAO so I’m assuming I could use that to assign everything to this with. @Lorby_SI do you think this will work with AAO? They have a manual you can look at on their website but I’m thinking this would be a perfect MCP match to go with AAO.

Shipped to me ((FLA/USA) from Thailand in about 3 weeks total from day of order. Here's your answer regarding MSFS assignments >>> 

• Like 1

WAT1460.png