Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MCP Device for MSFS

1 hour ago, Malaromane said:

I'll chime in with the suggestion of a Behringer X-Touch Mini coupled with either SPAD.next or AAO.

https://www.amazon.ca/Behringer-XTOUCHMINI-BEHRINGER-X-TOUCH-MINI/dp/B013JLZCLS

Gives you 8 physical rotary encoders (with a push button function) and 16 physical buttons to do with as you see fit. And you can switch between an "A" and "B" layer which will give you 16 virtual rotary encoders and 32 virtual buttons. Very versatile and significantly cheaper than a dedicated MCP unit. 

But not as pretty.

I didn’t think it worked with AAO? Does it?

Eric 

1 hour ago, vcarlo said:

This is almost exactly what I had in mind. The setup seems simple as I watched their YouTube video.  I could use as much, or as little as I like.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I appreciate everyone who chimed in on this, I would have never found all of these through google.  

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

2 hours ago, vcarlo said:

I ordered this as it does what I want it to do, and would also avoid using spad, axes, fsuipc, etc.  

Hopefully we will see it in the next three weeks or so. 

‘’thanks again, everyone!

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

5 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Shipped to me ((FLA/USA) from Thailand in about 3 weeks total from day of order. Here's your answer regarding MSFS assignments >>> 

I'm north of you in Tennessee and am curious what the shipping charge is and if they collect sales tax. (Cuz we all know that in Thailand they'll forward the sales tax to the US.)

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Unable to display the invoice here, but I paid total $89.00 plus $17.35 for "shipping/handling and (tax included)"

Edited by vcarlo

WAT1460.png

11 hours ago, micstatic said:

This is about to release. As in days. Pricing tbd. Fully supported out of the gate by spad.next. I’d wait and check it out. 

https://www.cockpit-simulator.com

If someone could post once this is released, I’d highly appreciate it, as I’d imagine many others would too. 

7 hours ago, Malaromane said:

I'll chime in with the suggestion of a Behringer X-Touch Mini coupled with either SPAD.next or AAO.

https://www.amazon.ca/Behringer-XTOUCHMINI-BEHRINGER-X-TOUCH-MINI/dp/B013JLZCLS

Gives you 8 physical rotary encoders (with a push button function) and 16 physical buttons to do with as you see fit. And you can switch between an "A" and "B" layer which will give you 16 virtual rotary encoders and 32 virtual buttons. Very versatile and significantly cheaper than a dedicated MCP unit. 

But not as pretty.

A very creative solution. I would try. But it doesn't seem to be available on Amazon right now.

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

A very creative solution. I would try. But it doesn't seem to be available on Amazon right now.

Yeah. Even though it's aimed at the music market, simmers seem to be snapping them up. If you really want one, you don't have to limit yourself to Amazon. Check music shops as they may have them. For example, Sweetwater seems to have them in stock:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XTouchMini--behringer-by-touch-mini

• Upvote 1

I use both the Axair mounted on my Bravo and X touch Mini on top of my Alpha and always run out of functions before I run out of buttons and dials on all of the controller possibilities.  I use Axis and Ohs for assignments or MSFS if that works better.  I hate having to use a mouse for dials and push/pull.

5 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Unable to display the invoice here, but I paid total $89.00 plus $17.35 for "shipping/handling and (tax included)"

Thanks.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Behringer X-Touch Mini finally got to me. I don't see this device in MSFS settings. I would appreciate a hint. How to set up the spinners? The simulator only detected a mouse, keyboard and joystick. Although X-Touch Mini is connected to USB and the buttons are highlighted.

20 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

Behringer X-Touch Mini finally got to me. I don't see this device in MSFS settings. I would appreciate a hint. How to set up the spinners? The simulator only detected a mouse, keyboard and joystick. Although X-Touch Mini is connected to USB and the buttons are highlighted.

Hi Flying Hare,

MSFS wont see the xtouch natively, you will need a program such as Lorby's Axis and Ohs to allow you to program it. This is how I have set mine up as an autopilot mode control panel and it works great.

cheers

Steve