Sign in to follow this  
737_800

FSS Embrear 175

21 minutes ago, Vali said:

Here it is, directly on their website:

I see. Thank you. Obviously they have to work that out *with* aerosoft, because there has been some misunderstanding or problem between them there. 

Aerosoft itself has been very weird on this. They say they're "only the reseller" but then why did they allow their logo to be put on all the trailers, and those trailers have been published on Aerosoft's official channel? 

The following doesn't tell me that Aerosoft is "only" a reseller. I've never seen the logo of a reseller put in a trailer with equal prominence to that of the developer. 

spacer.png

So the question is, why did Aerosoft not only allow it in the video, but they also directly acknowledged it by publishing it on their own official channel?

It feels like they are pretty happy to make it look like an official Aerosoft product until it isn't convenient anymore for them. 

So this is hard to judge, because we don't really know what's gone on between them behind the scenes. It'll be interesting to see when this launches how it'll be labeled on Aerosoft's website, because all of FSS's products before were labeled "Aerosoft X" like this https://www.aerosoft.com/it/negozio/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-aircraft/3915/aerosoft-aircraft-searey-elite-advanced

You'd think it'd be pretty easy for Aerosoft to pick up the phone and call FSS, with whom they have partnerships, and tell them to remove their name, unless there's something else at play.

11 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Seriously Mods?

An individual posts 43 times now on one specific thread in just over 24 hours (by the way, that's nearly 1/5 or 20% of his total posting history on Avsim) in defence of a poorly previewed product. No-one thinks that's odd or worth querying?

It must anger you a lot that someone dares to defend a developer from pretty vicious toxicity (not the product. I've said multiple times the product itself is below my standards for airliners, so I'm sitting out for now) and an obvious smear campaign by discussing in a forum made for discussion, so much that you have to go count how many times they posted and all that. 🤔

At times there'll be people on the internet who will disagree with you and they will stand their ground, no matter how much you personally attack them as you just did.

Edited by Abriael

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

See, now you have questions 😉 All we want is clarifications, honesty and fairness.

And when we are talking about it, EU says:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

45 minutes ago, Abriael said:

There is absolutely zero indication that they're being intentionally dishonest, and implying that is extremely uncalled for.

Like marketing the product as high fidelity product (based on their website), but in reality it uses default systems and almost far away from high fidelity (based on the famous stream)? 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

20 minutes ago, Vali said:

See, now you have questions 😉 All we want is clarifications, honesty and fairness.

And when we are talking about it, EU says:

Mine is more of a curiosity. Ultimately, whether the product has the Aerosoft label on it or not, it makes zero difference to me. Having watched the livestream and the video by twotonemurphy, on top of reading what the devs have said in their discord, I don't really have any burning question about what the product's gonna entail. It's all pretty clear. 

Incidentally, Flight Sim Studios is a Swiss company. The EU's regulations are pretty much irrelevant to them. Whether their marketing is legally sound or not, I have no idea. I'm far from a legal expert.

13 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Like marketing the product as high fidelity product (based on their website), but in reality it uses default systems and almost far away from high fidelity (based on the famous stream)? 

Their website states pretty clearly this is an early access and and doesn't hide the limitations, for instance.

"The MCDU is based on the LOAD27 software and combines the E-Jet typical functions with the standard flight plan system of MSFS."

The wording is a bit vague and open to interpretation in certain areas, but it's far from what I would define intentionally dishonest. Nowhere it says "this is a high fidelity product" at launch or any equivalent. Not a single time. 

Edited by Abriael

spacer.png

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, Abriael said:

The EU's regulations are pretty much irrelevant to them.

Wrong again...

EU legislation is stricter on some points than Swiss technical rules. If the online store is also aimed at consumers in EU countries, the following elements must be taken into consideration, in addition to the rules already cited:

[...]

Clear information. Apart from the seller’s contact details, the main characteristics of the product or service must also be indicated.

Source: https://www.kmu.admin.ch/kmu/en/home/concrete-know-how/sme-management/e-commerce/creating-own-website/statutory-obligations-in-switzerland-and-the-eu .html

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

21 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Incidentally, Flight Sim Studios is a Swiss company. The EU's regulations are pretty much irrelevant to them

Wrong. It would do you good to do some background research on how EU consumer laws apply. 

If you sell in the EU, it makes no difference where you are based. Its laws apply to you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

FFS's website is not an online store. They're not selling anything on it. This will apply to whatever page Aerosoft will put up on their site where they will sell the product. I'm fairly confident Aerosoft knows what they're doing on that front. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Abriael said:

FFS's website is not an online store. They're not selling anything on it.

All their released products have a "Purchase" link button that leads to the respective store where you can buy their products. So it makes no difference.

The more you say, the more I'm convinced that you are not a neutral party at all. 

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farlis said:

All their released products have a "Purchase" link button that leads to the respective store where you can buy their products. So it makes no difference.

It actually does. These regulations qualify their application very explicitly to "online stores." Linking to an online store does not make a site an online store. I'm no legal expert, but regulations usually apply only to what they say they apply to.

Edited by Abriael

spacer.png

spacer.png

I wonder what the dev is thinking to all this like:

1) There’s no such thing as bad press, tells the mrs to crack out the red undies they’ve made it!

2) Oh dear me, what’s the lawyers number love?

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Carts85 said:

1) There’s no such thing as bad press, tells the mrs to crack out the red undies they’ve made it!

He's probably counting the days to the 10th hoping that enough people neither read on Avsim nor watch youtube videos...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

They're probably busy working away at the aircraft trying to deliver the best thing they can on Tuesday. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

He's probably counting the days to the 10th hoping that enough people neither read on Avsim nor watch youtube videos...

He doesn't even need to hope for it. I have no doubt that this E175 will sell well, and there are many examples. especially from Captain Sim to show that it will.

Not essentially because a large part of the MSFS community loves to buy garbage. I have the impression that a minority really inform themselves before buying a addon. And not even the dev himself warning about the addon is enough for them to understand.

TFDi MD-11 pre-oder. Before purchase, each buyer had to tick a tickbox, which said in red letters that it was understood that the aircraft would not be available until mid-2023, and even so, dozens of people showed up on TFDi discord asking for a download link. And people complaining about a 'bug' on Captain Sim's C-130, in which the cockpit is not shown. Only to find out that they only bought the exterior model.

Tuesday will be hell on FSS discord with an influx of people asking about a missing feature or complaining that the aircraft is far from the high-quality they were hoping for.

Edited by edu2703
  • Like 1