Sign in to follow this  
737_800

FSS Embrear 175

That's got to be the weirdest early access I've ever seen in flight sim history. I mean on the plus side they are very transparent and customer-orientated and it's definitely better than any CaptainSim product that gets sold as "finished", but it feels really strange to have them do polls over stuff like "FMS speed" or "TCAS". It feels like a weird mix between freeware projects like the A32NX and payware aircraft. Not sure what to think of it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, John_Tavendale said:

Devs laughing at potential customers and taking pot shots at other devs. Hard pass for me. 

I logged off because I was irritated. Can you elaborate?

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

9 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

I logged off because I was irritated. Can you elaborate?

Took a dig at PMDG, saying FSS have an EFB that at least does something rather than having none at all and at TFDi saying that paying for the E-Jet early access you at least get something. Also just lashed out at another dev who has been developing a wide body aircraft for 3 years and "still doesn't have anything to show", asking what the better approach to development is.

Bit unprofessional.

Edited by Nixoq
word missing
  • Like 5

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Took a dig at PMDG, saying FSS have an EFB that at least does something rather than having none at all and at TFDi saying that paying for the E-Jet early access you at least get something. Also just lashed out another dev who has been developing a wide body aircraft for 3 years and "still doesn't have anything to show", asking what the better approach to development is.

Bit unprofessional.

Good to know. Yeah, I'll stay clear of this one as well.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

From all the red flags the ugly cockpit is the worst for me. The screens look awfully weird, especially when powered off. They are grey. Modelling of the cockpit might be one of the worst I've seen yet in MSFS. It's legitimately worse than default aircraft, even worse than the Feelthere E-Jet on P3D (!).
For whatever strange reason the cabin does look massively better than the cockpit. That's such a weird product.

34 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Took a dig at PMDG, saying FSS have an EFB that at least does something rather than having none at all

Not lying I was going to actually make this joke 😀

Then follow it up by pointing out that from what we’ve seen there’s no guarantee  this aircraft will do most of anything else that the PMDG 737 does…

This was I can equally offend the PMDG lovers and haters haha.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

If they deliver on their promises I don't see the issue.

*If* is doing a lot of heavy lifting here, when:

1. it is a new developer with no track record
  2. there are a lot of very basic elements missing from systems
  3. the modelling and texturing don't look that great (as summed up below)

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

From all the red flags the ugly cockpit is the worst for me. The screens look awfully weird, especially when powered off. They are grey. Modelling of the cockpit might be one of the worst I've seen yet in MSFS. It's legitimately worse than default aircraft, even worse than the Feelthere E-Jet on P3D (!).
    For whatever strange reason the cabin does look massively better than the cockpit. That's such a weird product.

I know I should not have built up my expectations, but this falls well short of what I would consider a sellable product, even at an early access stage.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

I know I should not have built up my expectations, but this falls well short of what I would consider a sellable product, even at an early access stage.

I'm holding back on judging the details in the textures based on the video, but to me the panel background looks kind of bland, almost like not PBR. It feels like it's lacking the 'realness'. Hard to describe.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I don't know if it's my tired eyes or poor quality of the stream, but the interior looked much better in the preview videos. Is it only me?
Exterior looks good.

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

but the interior looked much better in the preview videos. Is it only me

Could be a different build of the add-on.

Could be poor streaming quality.

Could be bad lighting choices on the streamer's PC.

Could be the fact that AviationLads is a marketing 'agency'. Anything shown in the preview teaser videos does not have to correlate with the end product/real life.
From the About section on AL's YouTube channel:

It is our major objectiv to create additional value for developers by optimizing the way how they present their products and interact with the community. Utilizing my long-time experience in graphics design, AviationLads produces high-quality flight simulation videos that will present your products in the best possible light.

Or could be some/all/none of the above
🤷‍♂️ Don't know. Just nowhere near as interested as I was before this evening's livestream started.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Sure, it has a long way to go until it will match PMDG or Fenix, but for 33 euro I will most likely get it.

Atleast it is something new to fly...

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

...and that's how they keep getting away with it. 

Well I'm giving them a chance. Although from a different dev, I bought the 414 in early access and it's probably the best twin in MSFS. So that one turned out fine. Maybe this will.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.