Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

DX12 and ground texture bleed through.

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Oh I saw them even in DX11 with some remote airports that adobe never hand tailored. However, I have never seen them in big airports (I predominately fly in USA)

I suspect this may not be the same thing. What we are talking about here are disappearing textures. They are there one second and gone the next. Move about and they may reappear and some others may disappear. Happens at default airports, tailored default airports, freeware airports and payware airports. The ground textures just vanish. Sometimes they don't vanish at all, although that is rare for me.

I could be wrong but it sounds like you are talking about airports that may not have been textured to begin with and that would be unrelated to this issue. This is a problem with the DX12 implementation.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

26 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I suspect this may not be the same thing. What we are talking about here are disappearing textures. They are there one second and gone the next. Move about and they may reappear and some others may disappear. Happens at default airports, tailored default airports, freeware airports and payware airports. The ground textures just vanish. Sometimes they don't vanish at all, although that is rare for me.

I could be wrong but it sounds like you are talking about airports that may not have been textured to begin with and that would be unrelated to this issue. This is a problem with the DX12 implementation.

I do not have this problem! I'm currently is on DX12 I'm running RTX4090 DLSS on quality.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I do not have this problem! I'm currently is on DX12 I'm running RTX4090 DLSS on quality.

No, not everyone does.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

it seems like no one with 24gb VRAM has this issue...

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

7 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

You don't know that.

And why should someone with any amount of VRAM that is nowhere near their limit be having it?

It's not a VRAM limit problem.

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 2

I do not have this problem on DX12 mode with my GTX 1660 Ti (only 8 GB).

GTX 1660 Ti

45 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

I‘m the OP with a 4090 and I had it until I cleared my cache. I guess you didn’t read the first post. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I did a lot of tests with my 1080ti 11Gb first, then with 3080ti 12Gb and finally with the current 4090.

test base Inibuilds EGLL gate 534 (facing east) Fenix A320, 4k and textures in ultra, from Cockpit view to outside view:

1080ti:

DX11 FPS 30, VRAM 10.5Gb, no ground texture artifact

DX12 FPS 25, VRAM 10.5Gb and ground texture artifact showed up

I then reduced textures to High and LOD to 100

DX11 FPS 35, VRAM 8Gb, no ground texture artifact

DX12 FPS 38, VRAM 8Gb, no ground texture artifact

3080ti:

DX11 FPS 38, VRAM 11.2Gb, no ground texture artifact

DX12 FPS 25, VRAM 11.2Gb and ground texture artifact showed up

DX11 FPS 45, VRAM 8Gb, no ground texture artifact

DX12 FPS 44, VRAM 8Gb, no ground texture artifact

4090 (frame generation ON and LOD 300):

DX11 Not tested

DX12 FPS 70, VRAM 16.8Gb and no ground texture artifact

No need to reduce texture quality

52609443833_f375299bb6_o.png

It is clear that the artifacts showed up whenever the maximum Vram of the GPU was reached on DX12.

Anyway, I decided to move to 24GB GPU in order to avoid to ground texture bleeding and I am finally able to enjoy DX12 optimization and better CPU handle in MSFS.

Edited by ttbq1
  • Like 3

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

2 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

Wrong - I've seen at Aerosoft EBBR while taxiing out a few weeks ago, never on arrival, though.

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

No I have seen texture issues with only 10GB used from the 24GB.
So nothing to do with reaching the max amount of VRAM

• Like 4

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

18 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

I did a lot of tests with my 1080ti 11Gb first, then with 3080ti 12Gb and finally with the current 4090.

test base Inibuilds EGLL gate 534 (facing east) Fenix A320, 4k and textures in ultra, from Cockpit view to outside view:

1080ti:

DX11 FPS 30, VRAM 10.5Gb, no ground texture artifact

DX12 FPS 25, VRAM 10.5Gb and ground texture artifact showed up

DX11 FPS 35, VRAM 8Gb, no ground texture artifact

DX12 FPS 38, VRAM 8Gb, no ground texture artifact

3080ti:

DX11 FPS 38, VRAM 11.2Gb, no ground texture artifact

DX12 FPS 25, VRAM 11.2Gb and ground texture artifact showed up

DX11 FPS 45, VRAM 8Gb, no ground texture artifact

DX12 FPS 44, VRAM 8Gb, no ground texture artifact

4090 (frame generation ON and LOD 300):

DX11 Not tested

DX12 FPS 70, VRAM 16.8Gb and no ground texture artifact

No need to reduce texture quality

52609443833_f375299bb6_o.png

It is clear that the artifacts showed up whenever the maximum Vram of the GPU was reached on DX12.

Anyway, I decided to move to 24GB GPU in order to avoid to ground texture bleeding and I am finally able to enjoy DX12 optimization and better CPU handle in MSFS.

Except that it's happening to people with 24GB 4090's and to others including myself when their VRAM usage is nowhere near their limit. I'm not sure how many more times I need to say it.

If my Vram usage is sat at 10 and I have 16 and it is happening what can we conclude from that?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Except that it's happening to people with 24GB 4090's and to others including myself when their VRAM usage is nowhere near their limit. I'm not sure how many more times I need to say it.

If my Vram usage is sat at 10 and I have 16 and it is happening what can we conclude from that?

Do you have an Nvidia GPU?

it was happening to me until I jumped to 24GB

it didn't happen with DX12 under scenarios where VRAM were below the maximum.

As I said, I am not trying to convince anyone, just showed my own experience with test reaults and pictures...let anyone decide.

BTW, LatinVFR KMIA had a ground texture bleeding in terminal J which was a bug and was fixed in the last version but was there until 2 weeks ago.

Edited by ttbq1

Ramon De Valencia

2 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

Do you have an Nvidia GPU?

No, buddy. My card is in my sig.

The first time I saw this the first thing I checked was what my card was doing and how much VRAM was being used and it was nowhere near the limit. It's never been near the limit when it happens. The fact that this is happening to some people with way more VRAM than the sim is using and not happening to people with small amounts of VRAM that the sim can easily eat up suggests that this is an issue which has little or nothing to do with reaching a physical limit and points to some other kind of problem. That problem could be any number of many things and I'm sure they will fix it eventually.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they already know what it is.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

No, buddy. My card is in my sig.

The first time I saw this the first thing I checked was what my card was doing and how much VRAM was being used and it was nowhere near the limit. It's never been near the limit when it happens. The fact that this is happening to some people with way more VRAM than the sim is using and not happening to people with small amounts of VRAM that the sim can easily eat up suggests that this is an issue which has little or nothing to do with reaching a physical limit and points to some other kind of problem. That problem could be any number of many things and I'm sure they will fix it eventually.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they already know what it is.

Virtually same rig, absolutely the same result.

• Like 1

Same rig as well .. I live with it as DX 12 is too smooth to go back to dx 11 and it only happens at the departing airport on the apron (mostly). If it was happening to the textures while in flight or at the arrival airport i would have to switch back to DX 11.

I am patiently waiting for Asobo to get to the bottom of this and issue a fix.

Also .. please note this isn't a VRAM issue. My Vram has never even come close to being maxed out .. topping out at 14 gigs out of 16 in the bad old unoptimized days. and on top of that im on 1440p so texture size isn't blowing vram usage out the water.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders