Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

DX12 and ground texture bleed through.

Ok, this is also no solution on my end, not only that it takes several minutes to switch Bing Data off and on again, it also does not cure the bug permantently or at least for the session I did the switch. What a bummer, seriously... I wonder if this is related to some other setting, it still baffles me that not everyone is affected by this bug and that it is not restricted to low VRAM cards, not restricted to AMD or nVIDIA only and obviously independent of Win 10 or Win 11. So WHY do some user not get this bug? I smiply do not get this...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Its more likely that some people don`t notice it as much. I would think that everyone would be affected if they took the effort to induce it which can be done quite easily by zooming around with the drone cam and making rapid view movements.

Chris Warner

PMDG : JS4100, MD-11, 737 NGX (Soon!)

34 minutes ago, MrRoper said:

Its more likely that some people don`t notice it as much.

Honestly, most of the time it is just not possible to not notice the bug, when half of the airport ground tectures go missing...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just now, AnkH said:

Honestly, most of the time it is just not possible to not notice the bug, when half of the airport ground tectures go missing...

I agree, but then I have also had many flights where it hasn`t happened. Im sure this will get fixed as its an obvious issue with the current DX12 implementation.

Chris Warner

PMDG : JS4100, MD-11, 737 NGX (Soon!)

I have not read the whole thread ( one wine too much), but I open developper , debug airport, and then its gone. For a moment...

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

After long time I have encountered this problem again at aerosoft eddk airport. Previous one was at orbx eglc. I think this one related to dx12 but seems airport specific, maybe ground texture formats.

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

1 hour ago, spitzer45 said:

After long time I have encountered this problem again at aerosoft eddk airport. Previous one was at orbx eglc. I think this one related to dx12 but seems airport specific, maybe ground texture formats.

Happens at default airports as well, so I think it is just a simple DX12 bug.  They will fix it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

14 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

so I think it is just a simple DX12 bug.  They will fix it.

IF they are aware of it. Honestly, for several bugs I started to believe that it is not an issue of Asobo not being capable of fixing it, but being totally unaware that the bug exists in the first place. Take the snow coverage issue as an example, guys at Asobo were conviced that they implemented a fix removing snow from roads, taxi- and runways, yet the fix did nothing or was subsequently lost in a SU. Did they notice it? No... Only when my question finally made it into the Q&A session they checked it specifically and realized that something is wrong. I was rather baffled to see their reaction in the Q&A session, leaving me wondering, not the first time, whether or not they really use their own sim over at Asobo...

And no, obviously "bug logged" and all other fancy feedback in the official forums obviously does not mean that the devs have it on the radar, as this snow coverage issue was logged for more than one year...

Greetings, Chris

On 1/5/2023 at 7:07 PM, ttbq1 said:

it seems like no one with 24gb VRAM has this issue...

No. I have 4090 and i have this time to time.

C. Uygar

On 1/21/2023 at 10:42 PM, pilotter said:

I have not read the whole thread ( one wine too much), but I open developper , debug airport, and then its gone. For a moment...

Anyone tried this solution?

C. Uygar

2 minutes ago, spitzer45 said:

Oh yes, we have known this works for ages. But it doesn't last long.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

6 minutes ago, spitzer45 said:

It does fix the issue for the airport you're in, but it's unclear if it lasts and also it makes the flight not show up in your log.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aircraft-avionics-i-release-notes-1-30-12-0/572740

this ?

"Fixed secondary aerials sometimes overridden by Bing aerial on terrain with photogrammetry"

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 minutes ago, turbomax said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aircraft-avionics-i-release-notes-1-30-12-0/572740

this ?

"Fixed secondary aerials sometimes overridden by Bing aerial on terrain with photogrammetry"

Maybe but I think this is about something else. There was another problem in DX11 where this was happening but not with airport textures but the general satellit imagery. I reported it relating to a place in Algeria and I suspect it's related to that issue and not the DX12 airport ground texture problem. I would love to be wrong about that though.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

49 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I reported it relating to a place in Algeria

why would you fly there anyways 😀

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.