Sign in to follow this  
nas123

4 issues still not fixed 2.5 years into MSFS lifespan

Notwithstanding any remarks made by Asobo that ATC was somehow on their radar screen, it shouldn't come as a surprise if, two years in the future, that feature of MSFS remains unsatisfying in many regards. Just ask the FAA how hard this actually is. Fortunately for all concerned, there exist much better alternatives like VATSIM, IVAO, and Pilot Edge which provide what can be realistic ATC experiences to flightsim enthusiasts and wannabe jet jockeys.

Each of the alternatives has its shortcomings, but they do provide an important service to our community. I hate to use the word, "never", in any context, especially when it comes to advances in technology, but as stated in previous posts, if any vendor comes up with even a passable product that passes the most elementary of ATC Turing tests, the ICAO, FAA, etc., will be giving them a phone call. This is an intrinsically hard problem, which is likely to remain the province of human controllers for quite some time.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

3 hours ago, nas123 said:

Will these issues ever be fixed during the next 7,5 years of MSFS' lifespan?.

Probably not best head to P3D or XP12 as everything is perfect there since they've been around for a good 12-26 years...🙃

• Like 5

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Tree placement whilst dismissed out of hand by those who only fly from  mile long paved runways, is still an issue for those of us that frequent out of the way strips, the proportion of them that have a very large tree planted right on the threshold is high.

I realise its an algorithm placing them but cant an exclusion zone be implemented within that Algorithm to prevent this?, I fly from small farm strips extensively in real life and believe me 30 foot trees on the threshold isnt a thing (well it is on a small few but not the <300m ones that MSFS likes to plant them on)

Edited by Pathfinder633
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

The most annoying bug is plane control lock when using mouse for panning - wonder how many years that one will linger...

What's especially annoying about this one is that it worked fine at release ... One of the first SUs broke it.

9 minutes ago, Pathfinder633 said:

Tree placement whilst dismissed out of hand by those who only fly from  mile long paved runways, is still an issue for those of us that frequent out of the way strips, the proportion of them that have a very large tree planted right on the threshold is high.

I realise its an algorithm placing them but cant an exclusion zone be implemented within that Algorithm to prevent this?, I fly from small farm strips extensively in real life and believe me 30 foot trees on the threshold isnt a thing (well it is on a small few but not the <300m ones that MSFS likes to plant them on)

The airport gateway will hopefully improve the tree placement, and I agree that it can use improvement for sure.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

The camera view and how you adjust them is for somebody on acid.  Its so fricken involved and complicated.

The other thing is flying into airports where snow has fallen, can't see the taxiways its like Ray Charles taxing the plane.The airport is all white.

The pop out panels, I've found a solution, MSFSpopout panel manager on flightsim.to.

It remembers on the location of your panels in another monitor.

Gnacino

4 hours ago, Beardyman said:

The most annoying bug is plane control lock when using mouse for panning - wonder how many years that one will linger...

This.

29 minutes ago, Gnacino said:

The other thing is flying into airports where snow has fallen, can't see the taxiways its like Ray Charles taxing the plane.The airport is all white.

Fixed in the AAU1 update coming in Jan. Join the beta and you can have clean taxiways right now.

-B

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, btacon said:

Join the beta and you can have clean taxiways right now

Great. Now all they have to do is get rid of the taxiway edge lights splattered all over the place

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I'm fine with everything regarding terrain besides the green roads, lack of river ravines terrain formations and we still have coastal cliff morphing, as far as trees I'm still very happy with the Bijan mod.

As for ATC, In my 26 years of flight simming I don't know what an actual good ATC system could be in a flight sim, folks never seem to even be satisfied with the 3rd party ATC addons either to a certain extent.

I have faith they will eventually fix the AI Traffic.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I have but one......Horizon Line Bug; singlehandedly my most hated visual bug/issue since day one.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 minutes ago, btacon said:

Join the beta and you can have clean taxiways right now

Great. Now all they have to do is get rid of the taxiway edge lights splattered all over the place

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

May I add: (some have been posted above, but all of these are pet peeves of mine)

- photogrammetry looks still terrible most of the time

- airport vehicles drive on taxiways

- very limited cloud type representation

- sudden wind/pressure changes, especially at FL240 and above, which regularly disconnects AP

- Premium Deluxe aircraft are a joke (787, 747)

- live traffic is one big misery, I have to use PSXT and RealTraffic (which are excellent)

- PAPPI on most airports do not line up with ILS

- sun visible through overcast

- road/runways/taxiways covered in snow

- green roads

- unrealistic road traffic (semi truck going up and down a cul-de-sac for example)

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Pathfinder: There is an easy fix for unwanted trees using the Developer Mode.  I too like to fly into those grass strips and trees can be a problem. Go here.

YouTube video: 16 MSFS 2020 Easy Tree Removal for Beginners by Patroit Six.   I did and it is easy.

Roy

• Like 1