Sign in to follow this  
mSparks

The beauty of X-Plane 12

True-2-REAL:

Has this guy used some special shaders or is it default XP12? Wow! Looks like the Real Thing !!!

X-plane 12, Toliss a321, Snow, Departing from Surgut USRR - YouTube

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

The BEST Civil Flightsim IS (this week... ) X-Plane 12.1 beta 7 !!! No other comes even close to it...

5 minutes ago, cagarini said:

True-2-REAL:

Has this guy used some special shaders or is it default XP12? Wow! Looks like the Real Thing !!!

X-plane 12, Toliss a321, Snow, Departing from Surgut USRR - YouTube

Very nice! I think I will mess around with XP12 again at some point this week. See what I can achieve. 

• Like 1

So, I’ve given it a whirl (minus global forests). And I have to say, Xplane compared to MSFS still has that better feeling of ‘being there’. Less cartoony, for the want of better words.

However, the performance leaves a lot to be desired. FSR at ultra and AA at 4X I was seeing shimmering, and the fps was fluctuating between 42 and 65. That was at EGNT, so hardly a major airport, with real weather (was quite cloudy). I’m running a 4090 with a 7950X, so, expected more. Anyone know if they’re working on performance? If they can get more performance out of it, and I can get some decent ortho, then XP12 will definitely be used by me. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Anyone know if they’re working on performance?

Laminar's public communication performance has been rather lackluster since XP12, so will you accept replies from a magic 8 ball as well?

• Like 3

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

15 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Laminar's public communication performance has been rather lackluster since XP12, so will you accept replies from a magic 8 ball as well?

Shame, because it could do with a boost. (Performance that is). I remember I used to follow the dev blog during XP11 run, that was good sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

Last post on the dev blog is about 12.00 beta 6.
Shortly after Jennifer left Laminar to pursue her own career and it seems nobody picked up the task of updating it.
Shame because the posts and the discussion that followed were always very informative.

I guess it is all happening behing closed doors in the dev slack channel

What we know
There will be Zink coming which will benefit Linux and Windows platforms
There will be a major weather update
There will be a fix for poor AA / shimmering
There will be 3d grass 
There will be a scenery recut
There will be updated assets
There will be XP13
All of the above and maybe more to be implemented before 2028 🤣🤣

Edited by peroni
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, peroni said:

What we know
There will be Zink coming which will benefit Linux and Windows platforms
There will be a major weather update
There will be a fix for poor AA / shimmering
There will be 3d grass 
There will be a scenery recut
There will be updated assets
There will be XP13
All of the above and maybe more to be implemented before 2028 🤣🤣

I’m just (!) waiting on the weather and scenery recut.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

7 minutes ago, Bulva said:

... and better VR ... 😉

Ah yes better VR support via openXR

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I take it everyone is just being facetious now as these things are never coming? 

Laminar are doing a lot by way of additions and fixes. However, you won’t find much mention of it due to NDA’s. 

• Upvote 1

Not being facetious here, these things will come eventually, some soonish, some later. We just need to be a lot patient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

Laminar are doing a lot by way of additions and fixes. However, you won’t find much mention of it due to NDA’s. 

Can we reduce the secrecy a bit? LR is clearly not under NDA with regard to XP.

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I take it everyone is just being facetious now as these things are never coming? 

Never say never, but they may take larger amounts of time. Remember how long the vulkan implementation took in XP11? Considering these time frames, I'd guess that at least some points from the above list will happen rather in XP13 than in XP12.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉