Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

On 1/29/2023 at 5:29 PM, David Roch said:

It's pretty amazing to read so many negative reviews as soon as a new product hits the market.
It was exactly the same when GSX came out.

Today everyone agrees to say that GSX is a must-have and tomorrow, the same complainers will say that FS Traffic is brilliant.

Well except for that there weren't already two freeware GSX-like tools that had much more content and were much more stable...

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well except for that there weren't already two freeware GSX-like tools that had much more content and were much more stable...

I'm a fan of Just Flight, but you aren't wrong at all and hit the nail on the head. $40 for something the freeware market exceeds at is absurd. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

a short video at KJFK

Edited by supersym

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Do we have a verdict on FS Traffic with GSX.

Are they playing nice together?

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

After so many failed attempts to see airborne traffic and traffic at the destination airport. I decided to give up and wait. I spent more time restarting the sim than actually flying. I'll wait for an update from JF to try again. going back to FSLTL

Edited by the_simpilot
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, the_simpilot said:

After so many failed attempts to see airborne traffic and traffic at the destination airport. I decided to give up and wait. I spent more time restarting the sim than actually flying. I'll wait for an update from JF to try again. going back to FSLTL

The mystery of different results. Here is what I'm seeing at Boston (and so far all other airports I have tried) using JF

Jbwom3.jpg

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 hours ago, laserit said:

Do we have a verdict on FS Traffic with GSX.

Are they playing nice together?

As stated by another poster. They played well for a little bit but now it stopped again. 

Thanks!

Bill Davis

Human Resources Officer

FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Keeping The Virtual World On Time

Celebrating 35 Years of Service and Innovation

1055916.jpg

On 1/26/2023 at 11:53 PM, the_simpilot said:

Cons

- Included flight plans are from A to B with no SID STAR.
- When FS Traffic Manager crashes you need to restart the sim to get AI traffic back this is my biggest issue. Perhaps a sim limitation I don't know.
- Price is ok though is on the expensive side with what's being offered.
- A lot of white liveries/generic models even for mainstream airlines like LATAM Cargo, AAL B738MAX, B76X etc.
- Sim becomes unresponsive when trying to get back to menu (Fresh install like 2 days ago)
- CTD's experienced couple times makes me question stability
- Potential conflicts with other 3rd party causing crashes that I never experienced with FSLTL
- Slightly longer load times compared to FSLTL
- Need to wait longer for traffic injection

Those are some pretty big CONS! 

Especially the first one and the mention elsewhere that AC will not use the correct "Active" runways with wind direction etc...

Chris Camp

I did briefly consider getting FST - but after calming down a bit I think AUD$55.00 for AI seems ridiculous.

FSLTL puts planes in the gates. They move around, take off, and land. I don't care about anything else, they are very much background things for me. (Using 30 aircraft max)

I seemed to have tweaked into a sweet spot where I am getting zero-stutter 30-45 fps everywhere with Fenix'es and PMDG's. Not going to mess with this if I can help it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

So another payware AI traffic addon bites the dust!  When are the payware developers going to com up with a AI traffic addon that at least beats the freeware options?  The fact that this thread has gone on for 30 pages and counting suggests many of us are hanging out for one.

Bruce

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

FSTL

- free

- easy to install

- no conflicts GSX

- no CTD

- no need to temper with setting

FS traffic is worst purchase from JF up to date. I basically paid for a headack to have traffic once in in while. They should really offer refund

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Not happy with FST, sometimes at my nearest airports there is traffic showing, sometimes not, sometimes there are one or two aircraft only, and sometimes there is initially a lot of aircraft that in a period of time fly away leaving the airport empty.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 11:44 AM, the_simpilot said:

I don't have any Replay tools installed but I also experience some crashes especially when selecting Remove Traffic and Reinject Traffic I can't get back to the main menu. Sim becomes unresponsive and requires a force close. Also haven't verified completely but in game menu seems to conflict with flow.

Oddly enough, I had to re-install the Asobo LFPG airport...  I kept getting issues there, menu hang when exiting, etc.  I had previously installed a fix regarding the bumps on the taxiway... not sure if it corrupted something.  Anyway, it fixed it.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:38 PM, Dave_YVR said:

I would almost guarantee that the difference is because of sheer number of aircraft. AIG in the London area and it's easy to have 300-600 AI. Reduce to comparable numbers and see how it is.

Oh for sure, but even with reduced numbers, AIG traffic injector remains finicky and unstable (which is a real shame as I always adored their products).  Even when I reduced their numbers, frames were better with FSTraffic.

• Like 1