Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Buyer Beware

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm sure there's payware aircraft for FSX and P3D that also use default systems.

Yep. Has been pretty much since 3pd planes started getting sold. Why reinvent the wheel?

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Allegedly they have no programmers left.

I've heard that too but... Like, hire one?

16 hours ago, cianpars said:

Anyone who has been flightsimming for any length of time knows to avoid Captain Sim like the plague.  Their reputation is awful and always has been so far as I can remember.

Let me refresh your memory. Captain Sim are the authors of some excellent aircraft models for Fs 2004, FSX and P3D. Their product support style upsets those who do not like direct replies and Captain Sim have never suffered fools gladly. Every time they are mentioned in these forums the same tired allegations are wheeled out, and sometimes new ones are invented, such as a P3D version would not work unless FSX was installed. No undercarriage just meant that the product licence was not correctly installed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reader said:

Let me refresh your memory.

Nobody needs their memory refreshed because we all remember Captain Sim, probably one of the most reviled companies in flight sim history, for reasons that have been stated in gazillion threads.

And my memory works very well, thank you very much.

• Like 1

I've recently returned to simming after a gap, since the FSX/P3D days.  It's reassuring to see that some things have stayed the same!

• Like 1

Buying MSFS itself is basically falling for a scam. I almost blew a hundo on the premium deluxe so i could take off from a nearby airport. But I guess i didnt get the joke since nobody who gets the 'Premium Deluxe' version gets anything other than standard.  I was quite excited to once again play a flight sim but MSFS is just trash.

7 hours ago, Notapilot said:

Buying MSFS itself is basically falling for a scam. I almost blew a hundo on the premium deluxe so i could take off from a nearby airport. But I guess i didnt get the joke since nobody who gets the 'Premium Deluxe' version gets anything other than standard.  I was quite excited to once again play a flight sim but MSFS is just trash.

What are you talking about? With premium deluxe you get multiple more handcrafted airports and aircraft (notably the WT 787).

Also what in the world did you necro this thread for?

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

What are you talking about? With premium deluxe you get multiple more handcrafted airports and aircraft (notably the WT 787).

He's only ever posted twice, to necro two threads saying the same thing.

Either he has install issues and zero patience to sort it out, or is trolling.

Longitude alone is well worth the extra, let alone the 787....

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Only two posts then comes on here to talk like that.  Not worth responding to as the comment is so far from the truth there must be some other agenda.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

This topic is being monitored.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Only two posts then comes on here to talk like that.  Not worth responding to as the comment is so far from the truth there must be some other agenda.

Yeah you're right, I should have resisted the urge to fire an answer once I read that nonsense. That's probably a model case for "feeding a troll".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This topic is being monitored.

Dont monitor it, close it, has anyway no relevant info in here anymore a year later...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Had good hours on their 732 back then, although the modders who mostly did the tweaks so it could properly be flown. Too bad they ruined their reputation. Unless they're changing their brand name and cleaning the mess they hade made, they have no business left in this community 

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Their 757 and 727 back in the day weren't actually all that bad. Wouldn't go as far as study level but they had decent systems depth and great visuals both inside and out.

Have no interest in paying for an external model only though.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

On 2/1/2023 at 7:58 PM, Jazz said:

I can only imagine this particular developer makes their living off of newcomers that have no idea of what is good or bad or what they can actually get for their money.

* raises hand squeemishly and sneaks out the back door *

p.s CaptainSim are a disgrace.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz