Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

No Live Weather

Weather still not working here... no clouds.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1 hour ago, kiwikat said:

Weather still not working here... no clouds.

Same here. Frustrating. First weekend in many I wanted to fly and this happens. Like a poster above said: either open the d#$% weather API to 3rd parties or get your shhhhtuff together Asobo!

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

Yep, still broken here as well. Fog layer around some of the airports when I load up, but nothing like what it's supposed to be.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Try toggling on and off live weather and then leaving the sim for 10 minutes. Twice now I have done this and all of a sudden after 5 to 10 minutes sitting there live weather loads in. Strange but true...

Dan Scott

2 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Try toggling on and off live weather and then leaving the sim for 10 minutes. Twice now I have done this and all of a sudden after 5 to 10 minutes sitting there live weather loads in. Strange but true...

Done it multiple times and didn't help. In fact, when I look at the METAR for airports, it's showing data from two days ago. Just loaded up KSFO and got a metar from the 2nd.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Yea, there is clearly something wrong on the server end. Hopefully it is a quick fix early next week.

Dan Scott

Started out okay at my end this morning. Flew 100nm or so from departure airport into clear skies for the rest of the 600nm flight even though Satellite, METARs etc say there should be cloud.

Other weather parameters seem to be okay just no cloud depiction.  

Edited by Ops Normal

They need to make this failure proof. The sim is of less value with these issues, if any at all.

Edited by Piotr007

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Mine always seems to load in after about 5 or 10 minutes. 
One minute I have clear skies (which I know means it hasn't loaded), and then all of a sudden - poof! - I am in clouds.

Jonathon Beckett also had this in one of his videos I watched last night. 
They really need to get on top of this and solve it for good.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Works everytime for me. What do i do? Once loaded into the sim, i'll set the weather to one of the prefix settings, Then back again to live weather/Current time. Works everytime.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I haven’t noticed any problems with live weather all weekend for me, 

• Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, Car147 said:

Works everytime for me. What do i do? Once loaded into the sim, i'll set the weather to one of the prefix settings, Then back again to live weather/Current time. Works everytime.

When you say "loaded into the sim", are you referring to the main menu for example, or when loaded into the airport?

4 minutes ago, mikeklimek said:

When you say "loaded into the sim", are you referring to the main menu for example, or when loaded into the airport?

Made absolutely no difference to me when I tried both ways yesterday. Still got nothing.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

They need to make this failure proof. The sim is of less value with these issues, if any at all.

Without live weather this sim is useless as far as I’m concerned.

Eric