Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Replacement for FSpassengers

On 2/14/2023 at 9:26 AM, chickster25 said:

Thanks for the info, but isn't this geared more towards checklists and cockpit flows?

It does both.  Matt, the developer, was an FS Passenger user and his focus for the next couple of months is to provide much of the same functionality in FSFO.

Yes, the focus has been on providing a First Officer to fly with you and manage checklists and flows.  It always had a rudimentary passenger simulation but Matt is now working on making it first class.

Regarding how it works with different aircraft - the base product has a default aircraft mode that works with the aircraft that come with MSFS but also provides some coverage for third party planes, where they adhere to the base plane functionality.  There are add-on modules you can purchase that provide detailed support for popular third party planes like the PMDG 737, FBW A320, etc.

I use APL V2 together with Flight Sim First Officer - a great combination.  I've used practically all the available career and first officer addons and this combo is great if you don't want to manage an airline, just fly with a sense of purpose and have a FO to fly with you.

FYI, Ovidiu, developer of APL, has released a free product called A Random Flight Generator.  It's a nice product by itself, and gives you a taste of what you get with the paid APL product (which of course does much more).  https://flightsim.to/file/49690/a-random-flight-generator

Cheers,
Rowland

Rowland Archer

Simmer since SubLogic on a TRS-80 ("are those mountains or a runway?")

My System Specs: i2600 Sandy Bridge OC 4.2 GHz | 8 Gig Ram | MS WIN7 64 Bit | MSI NVidia GeForce GTX460 768MB RAM | Galaxy GT430 1GB RAM | Matrox TH2GO | 6 LCD Screens | 1 Projector | Lumber

Thank you for the information on FSFO. I will certainly keep an eye for the upcoming changes, as it sounds like it’s heading in a good direction and could turn into a purchase for me.

I am happy with AH2 but it sounds like FSFO may fill the gap, plus give me some help in the cockpit too.

Finally, is it possible to add voice packs to FSFO, as the default voice sounds a bit unrealistic from what I’ve heard so far?

Edited by chickster25

On 2/14/2023 at 1:56 PM, environmental_ice said:

Oh brother. Can we as a community STOP promoting Self Loading Cargo? The guy is a fraud and is disrespecting the hobby to the fullest.

Good for you to have such high standards. I assume you wouldn't mind the slightest if your work is subject to the same scrutiny?

Well, more seriously: why the negativity? I tried SLC: it is a bit rough around the edges, but by and large it works OK. Do I miss updates? Sure. Do I currently use it? No. But I still respect the developer for the work he put in. He may have dropped the ball (for reasons that life threw at him, perhaps?), but I don't think he deserves to be called a fraud.

Peter

On 2/14/2023 at 2:26 PM, chickster25 said:

Thanks for the info, but isn't this geared more towards checklists and cockpit flows?

It's work in progress, the Dev loved FS Passengers and is going to make it as close as possible, it also has built in RAAS. It will be one amazing program.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

It's work in progress, the Dev loved FS Passengers and is going to make it as close as possible, it also has built in RAAS. It will be one amazing program.

sound promising. while I also learned about A Pilot's life by now (but - don't ask me why - dislike buying from Simmarket) this ^^ makes FSFO interesting again, just wondering whether I need a per plane license of FSFO (which I also dislike, got some FSCrew copies back in FSX times) if I don't use the FO (voice and checklist) functionality but just RAAS and the FSPassengers = flight rating part?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, DAD said:

sound promising. while I also learned about A Pilot's life by now (but - don't ask me why - dislike buying from Simmarket) this ^^ makes FSFO interesting again, just wondering whether I need a per plane license of FSFO (which I also dislike, got some FSCrew copies back in FSX times) if I don't use the FO (voice and checklist) functionality but just RAAS and the FSPassengers = flight rating part?

Yes you do have to purchase per plane licenses similar to FS2Crew.  Also similar if you buy a 737 license it's good for all versions of the aircraft (-600, -700, -800, -900).  

Also if you buy directly with PayPal from the website you get a discount.

• Like 1

Ryan

17 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Good for you to have such high standards. I assume you wouldn't mind the slightest if your work is subject to the same scrutiny?

Well, more seriously: why the negativity? I tried SLC: it is a bit rough around the edges, but by and large it works OK. Do I miss updates? Sure. Do I currently use it? No. But I still respect the developer for the work he put in. He may have dropped the ball (for reasons that life threw at him, perhaps?), but I don't think he deserves to be called a fraud.

Peter

The guy is running the website advertising things the product doesn't even do. He is lying to customers that an update is right around the corner. How is it possible to be 99% done for 3 years? It seems to be you are missing the point here and changing the argument to scrutinizing his work. Thats not what we are talking about here. No need to make excuses for him either talking about life issues. He has had plenty of time and his own platform to publish updates. You can see him on his discord profile that he is very much still lurking around and even still simming. He just isnt working on it anymore and that is fine! but take down the website or change the verbiage and stop preying on unsuspecting new people who come into our hobby. How many more threads we gotta see with someone asking if SLC is worth it and how excited they are they got the early access price before the next update before they realize the next update was 99% done 3 years ago 🙄I cant believe there is anyone defending this nonsense. its not about having high standards or being negative. This is being purely being objective and I would hope anyone on the fence about SLC doesn't take your advice

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am desperately trying to replace an overlooked feature of FSP. The enhanced ground roll sound made a huge difference.

In flightsim you cant feel when you are down like in a real plane. The ground roll sound made up for this greatly.

Most add on planes do not have a notable ground roll sound. I just bounced the PMDG 747 and I had no idea that I was floating for 5 seconds. I thought I was down but there was no way to really tell.

I really miss, and need this feature.

Edited by rennman

36 minutes ago, rennman said:

I am desperately trying to replace an overlooked feature of FSP. The enhanced ground roll sound made a huge difference.

In flightsim you cant feel when you are down like in a real plane. The ground roll sound made up for this greatly.

Most add on planes do not have a notable ground roll sound. I just bounced the PMDG 747 and I had no idea that I was floating for 5 seconds. I thought I was down but there was no way to really tell.

I really miss, and need this feature.

Maybe try FSRealistic?

On 2/16/2023 at 9:52 AM, qqwertzde said:

Peter

The negativity comes from the deception that the author has perpetrated on his paying customers. You can respect the developer - I, and many others, do not.  

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

When flying APL2 I'm using Pilot2ATC, FSFO, GSX and LittleNavMap and it works perfectly well with my Fenix A320.
I have not read all posts here, but the integration with GSX and FSFO is great. You don't have to start catering or deicing etc. it's just happening while preparing your flight and the FO is running the flows and checklists.

12 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Maybe try FSRealistic?

I just checked it out...its only for MSFS...im om p3d v4.5