Sign in to follow this  
mcdonoughdr

Vertical Sim releases Tampa TPA for MSFS

I bought KTPA at Contrail tonight. Updating IFR approaches and departures now. Nice addition, loaded with details.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Still miss your reviews Ray! Hope you really enjoy my back yard… I’m delighted to have it back in the Sim and Andrew (VS) seems to have done a really great job at re-creating the feel of the airport. Very pleased.

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

21 hours ago, pmb said:

This will be my first purchase from Verticalsim, and I am pondering. While on their website I found a nice 4 GA airports bundle (some close to Tampa) on sale which no other shop seems to offer.

Kind regards, Michael

Was the GA bundle at Verticalsim site?  Link?  I haven’t found it.

Regards,

Ray

FYI I checked my VerticalSim account today and there is a key in there that can be used on Contrail so all good for easy future updates even if you purchase direct from the dev.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Frames and fluid a very bad on this Airport ( at least for me ) hope they can optimise this with future updates..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Frames and fluid a very bad on this Airport ( at least for me ) hope they can optimise this with future updates..

cheers 😉

I did a flight from TPA (VerticalSim) to BOS (flyTampa lol) and I agree, performance for me wasn't great at TPA. Fps ditched to mid twenties at times, whereas in BOS I can keep around 50 fps almost always, except briefly when the scenery is loading during approach, which I can live with. I just love going to KBOS and CYYZ from flyTampa. They are so nicely done and yet very light on performance. Same is true for flightbeam airports.

• Like 1

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Agreed- performance optimization is still something Andrew needs to work on for TPA and a few other of his airports.  I hope he reads all this and goes back to work on his prior releases.  Too many developers just release and forget- moving on to the next cash cow.  Hoping VerticalSim is different.  Still, I'm very glad to have this in Sim and it is visually beautiful.

C

PA- ANDREW HAS ALREADY RELEASED AN UPDATE TO TPA- GO INSTALL YOURS NOW!

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Looks very detailed.  What is the FPS like and how much stuttering does it cause?

If performance is OK, it looks like it will be worth buying.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

4 hours ago, NovemberUniform said:

I did a flight from TPA (VerticalSim) to BOS (flyTampa lol) and I agree, performance for me wasn't great at TPA. Fps ditched to mid twenties at times, whereas in BOS I can keep around 50 fps almost always, except briefly when the scenery is loading during approach, which I can live with. I just love going to KBOS and CYYZ from flyTampa. They are so nicely done and yet very light on performance. Same is true for flightbeam airports.

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Agreed- performance optimization is still something Andrew needs to work on for TPA and a few other of his airports.  I hope he reads all this and goes back to work on his prior releases.  Too many developers just release and forget- moving on to the next cash cow.  Hoping VerticalSim is different.  Still, I'm very glad to have this in Sim and it is visually beautiful.

C

PA- ANDREW HAS ALREADY RELEASED AN UPDATE TO TPA- GO INSTALL YOURS NOW!

I think this most has to do with the LOD settings for each set you build in that airport ( and always use the newest SDK ) .

The best example of excellent update work is inibuilds with for example EGLL and the KLAX Airport. When they came on the market they were useless at all, now they are absolutely TOP even with traffic. Best update developer i ever had seen  👍  - IMO!

And all Vertcalsim Airports that I have are very FPS heavy, they could all experience some optimazion..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On my first test after the update, it seems that performance has improved significantly. Very quick optimization efforts. This is really nice.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

I was impressed that more than the airport proper has been modeled. Downtown buildings, hotels and stadium add a nice touch. Contrails came through with the first update - v1.1 smooths out a few of the rough edges and runs a little better.

Regards,

Ray

what update are we talking about? I just bought it yesterday with Contrail vol 1.0.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home