Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

What Is Your Favorite MSFS Thing From Last Year?

For me it has to be to be the MG HJET.  Post your own bests but I luv this plane.

Cheers

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 1

I love the Ini Builds A310. Great addition to the sim and at an unbeatable price 🙂

• Like 3

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Man, too many good things happened last year to choose just one.  Hjet, Vision Jet, that insane dump of free aircraft on the anniversary (gotta say, I really like the Beaver). PMDG's 737, Leonardo's Maddog, The A310. Concorde. I know I'm forgetting some. Lot of good things happening on the hardware side too with continued new releases of controllers we'd have never seen before MSFS. 

• Like 1

737 for sure. Probably going to be my top pick for a long time.

Shout out to MSFS itself. Our sim is finally maturing a bit and the polish is beginning to show. No, it's not perfect. It never will be perfect, but boy have we come a long way from TA1 years back.

Edited by kiwikat
  • Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1.B FS Realistic

1.A Leonardo MD-82, lets hope they improve on the sounds (without sound pack ) and textures somewhere in the future.

Hopefully the MD-11 by TFDI this year.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

For me it's MSFS itself as I only installed it for the first time last year!   For best addon - that's a hard call but I'll go for the SWS Kodiak.

• Like 1

Fenixsim A320 - obviously!

• Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

From Asobo, the Cabri is pretty neat.

From the freeware community, all the stuff made by @mamu82 - powerlines, marinas, gondolas - which made low flying even more delightful than it was.

From the payware community, the Milviz 310 is a solid product.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Depending on how one interprets this question, a lot of things and too much to choose from :)

Overall sim wise, I'd say the big standout is the arrival of the first high fidelity jets in May'22 (PMDG 737, then Fenix A320) that put to rest all sorts of questions/speculation/doubts about the MSFS platform, some of which I had myself. The arrival of the much more complex and comprehensive atmospheric airflow simulation using CFD was another big one. AAU1 and the most realistic default avionics & biz-jets by far in any sim is a massive standout too, but that's technically 2023 I guess.

Specific 3rd party aircraft wise I'd go with the PMDG, Fenix, Milviz C310, iniBuilds A310 (for free!), & Kodiak in my list of top 5 birds.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Not 'a favorite thing' but in order of importance to yours truly:

1. Discovering a different pathway to sterling performance not requiring a hardware upgrade.  I have absolutely zero need to change hardware at this point in time and won't unless MS/A decides to amp up cloud resolution or other changes that substantially change demand necessitating an upgrade.
  2. Picking up the awesome TM Boeing Edition Pendulum Yoke and TQ both of which really improve the experience for me.
  3. Dabbling with Airbus for a first time and enjoying the FBW A320NX which continues to improve.
  4. PMDG 738--great plane, very familiar with it in FSX/P3D so not new to me at all.
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Here is my list, in no particular order:

The Fenix A320 and PMDG 737-700 and 600. 

The AAU1 update

The Got Friends Wilga

The Black Square Caravan addon

Here's to looking forward to what exciting things happen this year 🙂 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Hjet. No question about it!  And Hjet v2.0 is destined to the the best about 2023 unless 3.0 comes along, or the fabled Hjet 2600.

Hjet has ruined MSFS scenery for me, LOL!  Spending my cruise time at upper FL's and enjoying IMC approaches. 😜

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere