Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Black Square Teases Steam Gauge TBM!

Why do we preserve Stonehenge instead of bulldozing the abandoned, delapidated site to build a block of flats?

We just like old stuff.

• Like 2

And it is not out of line. The early TBM's did have analog cockpits. I love that they went with the EADI / EHSI though. That was always my favorite setup when flying IRL

• Like 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

On 2/22/2023 at 4:01 PM, Farlis said:

Beats me, Bruce.

People still haven't figured out that glass cockpit avionics are much more reliable...

It's like wanting an old dialphone over one with buttons. Pure nostalgia, and no practical reason it seems.

This is just silly. I have many planes in the sim with advanced avionics but really love flying the Arrow, Bae 146 and other planes with analog gauges as well. 

It's a flight sim and some of these older planes that seem less fancy are more fun for some of us. 

I like wrenching on old machines, older motorcycles/cars etc but in real life I prefer my KTM with some fancy gear attached. I don't care if someone is riding or enjoying something with different gear. 

This TBM looks pretty nice to me. 

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Perhaps this route is attractive to the developer because he/she can just do a gauge overhaul and, without going to the irksomeness of producing a new external model, charge something close to what others would charge for the full deal.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Is there much difference in the exteriors of the 850 to the 930? 

I can see the 930 has winglets. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, brucewtb said:

Perhaps this route is attractive to the developer because he/she can just do a gauge overhaul and, without going to the irksomeness of producing a new external model, charge something close to what others would charge for the full deal.

Hopefully it is profitable for them because their work has been excellent so far. Can't wait to see what else they decide to tackle!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

On 2/22/2023 at 11:51 PM, brucewtb said:

A steam gauge TBM!  Why would you want one of those?

Bruce

If I was flying in real-life and my life was at stake, I'd want the most relible panel, which means a glass cockpit. But for simming I like each panel's individual character, and once you go to G1000 a lot of that character is lost, leaving them all looking very much alike. A bit like many modern cars. Because I'm not a real pilot, I can get the eye candy of the steam gauges at no additional risk, so why not?

There's also the fact that Black Square adds a lot more system depth than there is in the default glass panel.  That said, I'd like to see Blck Square update the glass panel aircraft too.

Edited by Holdit

Does anyone know if the project is still on schedule? It was planned to release this summer. But apart from that very short blink and you miss scene in the trailer from february, there aren’t any infos about the TBM. The last I’ve heard was that he is working hard on the Duke.

32 minutes ago, petz_e said:

Does anyone know if the project is still on schedule? It was planned to release this summer. But apart from that very short blink and you miss scene in the trailer from february, there aren’t any infos about the TBM. The last I’ve heard was that he is working hard on the Duke.

Where had you seen a planned release date?

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

2 hours ago, vrdubin6 said:

Where had you seen a planned release date?

Actually it was in April where I read this.

"Black Square fans will have noticed that I like to tease my next projects at the end of my videos on the Just Flight YouTube channel. First, this was the Starship, which is still under development. In the last video it was the TBM 850, which will be released this summer."

https://www.justflight.com/articles/interview-with-nick-cyganski-black-square-simulations

• Like 1

The default 930 is already a decent aircraft but I’m still interested in a TBM by B.Square. They will add some complexity and systems depth that we wouldn’t get otherwise. It will likely feel like a completely different thing. 

I'm hoping they do a old school steam gauge Citation or other business jet down the track.

Dave.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 2:06 AM, turbomax said:

why do people buy electronic watches that imitate analog watches? analog information is easier to grasp for the brain than numbers. 

why do people enjoy DC6s, DC3s, and double decker classic aircraft when they can take a jet? why do some still ride Harley Davidsons? and collect old paintings when they could have a crisp photograph instead? questions and more questions.

I definitely get that and appreciate it myself, vintage aircrafts are really cool and in those cases I prefer them with the original setups...but for me the TBM represents a modern aircraft, so I would rather see a 960 instead, as it's a plane where the glass cockpit really feels right.

With that said, fair enough if people want this 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 3:51 PM, brucewtb said:

A steam gauge TBM!  Why would you want one of those?

Bruce

Because its less boring. 

• Like 4

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

On 8/15/2023 at 12:35 PM, SolRayz said:

Because its less boring. 

Possibly but not on a TBM.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."