Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

AN-225 Out Now

19 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Geez, is the speed of the cargo door opening, kneeling and ramp extension real?

Yes. There is supposed to be an option to make it unrealistic but much faster as well (as shown in the trailer, which clearly uses the unrealistic speed).

21 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Geez, is the speed of the cargo door opening, kneeling and ramp extension real? I guess so, because this could have been made slightly faster, it takes forever to do in the sim 😉 But very nice model, looking forward to take her on a trip once.

There is an option in the EFB to put it into the faster mode. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 hour ago, crimplene said:

Should be. I had the two fire trucks loaded (very well fixed, they didn't move) but will try some aerobatics with the huge boiler and full fuel tanks. 🙂 Airspeed should influence the roll rate, too, as it does quite realistically in the Spitfire.

Visually at least the Antonov looks fantastic. Tomorrow I am going to do a real flight.

Ok, so maybe she needs a bit of tweak, I do not have it to test. A 747 empty is very sportive in taking off too IRL.

• Like 3

Wow this is cool and wow I have no idea what I’m doing haha!

I started going through the full manual start up but partway through decided to use the ready to fly shortcut to make sure I could get a flight in before bed tonight.  It would be nice if there was a “ready to start” or “ready to taxi” preset as well.

I managed to takeoff from UKBB and am now enroute to EPRZ, an airport where much relief for Ukraine arrives before continuing on ground (this is also the airport President Biden recently used to travel to Ukraine).

I would highly recommend tooltips on and using the interactive checklist to help you figure out what you’re doing.  The manual has good section explaining the autopilot too which I have open on my second screen now.

Simbrief includes a profile…it gave me a cargo load of 43,000 lbs which is absolutely nothing for this aircraft so I’m just cruising right along.

All in all this is very different from anything I’ve flown before in any sim, and so far a really cool experience.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm surprised inbuilt didn't include basic weather radar like Flightsiware 414

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Here is one instrument you want to pay attention to AoA (left of HSI). However, I don't think red notch that suppose to represent critical AoA it's correct. I can guess An-225 it should be around 13-14 degrees

image.png?width=2235&height=1257

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

11 hours ago, EnSnellHest said:

Just bought it. No real interest in flying it, but if the money goes to Ukraine, im there!

same here, not my type but good cause

• Like 2

1 hour ago, desbean said:

same here, not my type but good cause

Me too, though if I'm ever going to try a heavy that one is tempting.  It sure looks good, and I'm even impressed by the modelling of that long cabin, complete with couches.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Here is one instrument you want to pay attention to AoA (left of HSI). However, I don't think red notch that suppose to represent critical AoA it's correct. I can guess An-225 it should be around 13-14 degrees

image.png?width=2235&height=1257

Yea agree on that, please dont attempt Cobra manoeuvre in the 225😬

1 hour ago, mmaclauchlan said:

In pictures I've been able to find after a quick google search, I've been seeing the AoA critical mark at 15.

spacer.png

You can almost smell the oil. Love these old soviet birds. 

• Like 2