Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

A warning about PRO ATC

I think it is finally necessary to warn new buyers about getting PRO ATC 

From one of the official forum mods about the current issues with activation when you buy that software:
"The activations are now only weekly.

This unusual behavior has been the norm for the developer for several months.

As long as users buy the software every day, nothing will change.
So have patience! Nothing we can change
."

and about further, needed updates of PRO ATC

"The team hasn't had any contact with the dev for 3 months.
When asked, there are insults and always the same answer.

"It's about to come with the next update."

That was fixed in November at a maximum of 2 weeks."

I can highly recommend to not support such business behave.
Meanwhile it followes the same pattern as it has been the last years:

1. a release.
  2. some minor patches
  3. silence, no support, no updates, no communication
  4. "revolting" customers
  5. developers states, that he has computer problems or is ill (this time it is burnout, some years ago it was a damaged hand, etc)

If anyone has personal contact to him, please convince him to sell the software to some more skilled developer or make it open source or whatever.

Sad to see such a promising tool fall through

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm done with this software. I've been using it with FSX/P3d but I will not pay for it again until I see a dramatic change of the devs communication behavior.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Pilot2ATC is highly recommended. The best ATC solution on the market ,regarding the updates, capabilities and support...

Edited by kt069
  • Like 6

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

14 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I'm done with this software. I've been using it with FSX/P3d but I will not pay for it again until I see a dramatic change of the devs communication behavior.

Bear in mind if you still use P3D Radar Contact v4 is available, free and I still support it as a former beta tester and team member.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

From one of the official forum mods about the current issues with activation when you buy that software:
"The activations are now only weekly.

This unusual behavior has been the norm for the developer for several months.

As long as users buy the software every day, nothing will change.
So have patience! Nothing we can change
."

and about further, needed updates of PRO ATC

"The team hasn't had any contact with the dev for 3 months.
When asked, there are insults and always the same answer.

"It's about to come with the next update."

That was fixed in November at a maximum of 2 weeks."

I must say I often find Thomas's posts very cryptic. It's clear he's getting no support from Mourad (the developer) but given that he says he's had no contact from the developer are his comments about insults directed at the developer or at comments here and elsewhere about the lack of support, and the attitude of the moderators on the forums?

I have some sympathy for Thomas - he seems to be single-handedly trying to provide as best support he can but with his hands tied behind his back. Only the developer can approve new purchases, only the developer can fix bugs, and only the developer can give any clue as to when/if there will be fixes or updates. Until he does I think I agree with your warning about potential purchasers thinking twice before clicking the purchase button.

It's a great pity, as the basic product is very good - I still use it on every flight and really do hope that support will be more forthcoming at some point.

• Like 2

Ian Box

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

Pilot2ATC is highly recommended. The best ATC solution on the market ,regarding the updates, capabilities and support...

and is  updated  and  the  dev is  most helpful in solving  any issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm not spending another dime on any of these rubbish addon ATC programs - all of whom have one issue or the other: terrible voices, terrible 90s interface, bugs, support lacking, etc.

I've settled on using the default ATC + Stick and Rudder's ATC chatter. Departures and approaches are flown according to the charts.

Done and done.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm not spending another dime on any of these rubbish addon ATC programs - all of whom have one issue or the other: terrible voices, terrible 90s interface, bugs, support lacking, etc.

I've settled on using the default ATC + Stick and Rudder's ATC chatter. Departures and approaches are flown according to the charts.

Done and done.

That is also my approach. Some solutions like Pilot2ATC work well, but the time needed to configure it and the atrocious interface are too much of a hassle to make me use it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

13 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

That is also my approach. Some solutions like Pilot2ATC work well, but the time needed to configure it and the atrocious interface are too much of a hassle to make me use it. 

I just import SimBrief press validate and fly! I don’t see the problem

• Like 5

PATCX was (and i assume still is) a "premium but not leading off-line ATC addon ..... in P3D, despite mourad & TD's behaviour.

for now, cheers

john martin

I used to be a Beta tester for that program and got fed up with it, and the lack of input from the developer. I moved to PF3, for my ATC, and never looked back.PF3 has great support and periodic updates and it just works. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Bear in mind if you still use P3D Radar Contact v4 is available, free and I still support it as a former beta tester and team member.

Did the dev every make the RC4 code public? I'd love to take a crack at getting it to run in MSFS. Was it written in C or VB?

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440