Sign in to follow this  
DAD

New SU 12 Beta Update [1.31.20.0] - March 2nd, 2023

3 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Did they not address the hold short node problems at KATL that cause the departing planes to stack up on top of each other and not take off?

This is from the initial SU12 Beta Release Notes (1.31.18.0): "Fixed live traffic planes staying stuck at hold short in some airports"

Hopefully this "general" fix worked for KATL.  I know I would appreciate that.

• Like 2

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

2 hours ago, The Moose said:

Only flown the Cowan 500e in the beta so far but had no issues with it.

Thanks, I'll give it another shot and see.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Why not open a new thread?

I’m in the beta, I’m interested in what other forum members make of it too.

If you want to discuss what amounts to pure speculation about MSFS finances that’s fine by me…but not here.

I was just responding to Krakin and Phantom who went off on the tangent.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I tried again last night, first flew the Cowansim 206, it flew fine.  Then flew the 407, the throttle issue persists.  Then flew the Mini 500 and it had the extreme tilt to the left issue.  It’s almost as if loading a helicopter after the 407 is causing an issue?  Not sure if that’s possible but I’m going to experiment some more today.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Question for you beta guys... Is manual caching still disabled in the beta stream? Did Asobo ever acknowledge that it was disabled or when it would return? TIA

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

On 3/3/2023 at 4:36 PM, bobcat999 said:

Shhhhh!  :wink:

In all seriousness, I think they do well out of the marketplace and their own aircraft sales (local legends etc.).

Btw, I often read at this forum „buy direct at the developer and not on the marketplace“.  Imho, without the xbox users we either wouldn’t have MSFS or we had a subscription already.

„… One cloud to rule them all,…., One cloud to bring them all and in the subscription bind them

To stay on topic, I did not use a stopwatch, but a think, with the current beta I have longer loading times.

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

42 minutes ago, hhbrbg said:

To stay on topic, I did not use a stopwatch, but a think, with the current beta I have longer loading times.

That's my impression as well. It could be just the extra content and WU12?

3 hours ago, hhbrbg said:

Btw, I often read at this forum „buy direct at the developer and not on the marketplace“.  Imho, without the xbox users we either wouldn’t have MSFS or we had a subscription already.

„… One cloud to rule them all,…., One cloud to bring them all and in the subscription bind them

I have not stop-watched it, but if it is longer it isn't by much I don't think.  I tend to go and make a cuppa anyway while it is loading. :smile:

"Imho, without the xbox users we either wouldn’t have MSFS or we had a subscription".

No, I tell you why this isn't correct.  I am a PC user.  Even though I prefer to go straight to the developers where there is an option, especially with the military aircraft, so that you can have the load-outs showing, I have also bought a lot of stuff from the marketplace that can only be bought from there, such as the 'local legends' like the Caribou just released, so they will continue to make income from PC users, not just Xbox.  

I bought the An-225 recently as well, and will also purchase the An-2 and the ATR-42, once again only available from the marketplace.
I must have spend a couple of hundred over the last two years, as I have all of the Carenado stuff as well, so count that as ongoing funding from a PC user, and there are many more out there like me. :biggrin:

PS.  I just remembered I also bought the full Reno pack.  Just doing a quick and dirty calculation, I think I have spend about £400 through the marketplace as a PC user.
The original MSFS package only cost me £120, so there has been a fair bit of ongoing funding from me at least.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I suggest reporting your findings on the Official forum

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/3-improved-loading-time-before-booting-to-the-main-menu/576868/17

I did. I wouldn't insist on loading times being longer now, but they certainly didn't get shorter. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, hhbrbg said:

with the current beta I have longer loading times.

I have the longest

loading times.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Just a note...  They said they were actually working on shorter loading times for SU12, especially during checking for updates, so obviously this hasn't worked out as planned.

There is lots of optimisation that could still be done.  On the map screen, I tend to pick my starting location, then move on to select aircraft, and finally weather and time of day.  It is a shame they can't start pre-loading the scenery in the background after the starting location has been selected for example.

Also, I don't understand why the sim takes so long to load after checking for updates.  What is it doing to take so long?  What is it loading? 
The aircraft and scenery haven't even been selected at that stage, it is just loading into the clunky HTML interface - a bit of HTML and a few pictures.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

I have the longest

loading times.

🤣

• Like 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Just a note...  They said they were actually working on shorter loading times for SU12, especially during checking for updates, so obviously this hasn't worked out as planned.

There is lots of optimisation that could still be done.  On the map screen, I tend to pick my starting location, then move on to select aircraft, and finally weather and time of day.  It is a shame they can't start pre-loading the scenery in the background after the starting location has been selected for example.

Also, I don't understand why the sim takes so long to load after checking for updates.  What is it doing to take so long?  What is it loading? 
The aircraft and scenery haven't even been selected at that stage, it is just loading into the clunky HTML interface - a bit of HTML and a few pictures.

Loading a flight doesn't take very long for me. It is starting MSFS (until the map screen) that takes a long time.
I doubt this can be accelerated though since it has to load all scenery (at least all the navigation data therein). I assume MSFS has to check every folder under Official and Community everytime it starts.
This could be skipped by storing all navdata in a seperate database and only load the scenery once start button is used, or a little earlier when the flightplan is loaded/created.

We will loose the ability to quickly add or remove addons through AddonLinker though since the sim will then not notice any changes and can cause all kind of issues. There are a few ways this can be dealt with.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

MSFS is checking all add-ons I guess.

Just like FSX and P3D do while in the dreaded 6% position.
Later on, someone discovered what was going on at that 6% mark and communicated this to LM.
LM then, figured out the problem and bang, the 6% hiccup was gone.

It could be a same thing with MSFS since there still is some legacy code present.
Just guessing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

that's what I keep asking myself on a real airplane as well.

• Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.