Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

RIP Matt Davies

Holy word not allowed - poor Matt!

I started watching his streams as "Belynz" back in the FSX days, always entertaining.

I'll fondly watch that famous Q400 shared cockpit stream when he flipped the props to cut off just after takeoff 🤣

Blue skies pal!

Edited by Gordon Hutchison
  • Like 1

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Born in 1991 i believe. Poor lad, WAY too early to go.. 😕

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Very sad. Matt said it as it was which not everyone agreed with however that being said he was good at what he did and will be missed by many for providing 1 to 1 help and hours of entertainment.  Taken all too soon. RIP Matt.

• Like 1

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

I am in shock and speechless.

Whenever I could I watched his videos and broadcasts on Twitch.

I miss him already... RIP.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

I'm so shocked and sad about this news. He made me laugh alot and I'm thankful for that. He taught me alot with his videos. RIP mate

He had a fierce passionate heart. Misunderstood many times by many for his outspoken and passionate personality.  Being human one must live with the constant awareness of our mortality. Understanding that it’s the only true guarantee in life. This week I’ve been confronted with reminders of that unfortunately with a death of a far too young member of my own family. But just like I said goodbye to that family member, I say good bye to Matt. An advocate of our community whole created many great videos, and tool for us to enjoy. To have been able to see this magnificent reality that is life is truly how I choose to remember him and the celebration of his life. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

In some way controversial person, but on the other hand one of the most influential person in Flight Sim Community. Thanks to the these type of Simmers (who were/are also Twitch Streamers/Content creators) our hobby is still alive and grown rapidly during last years. Matt always will be remembered 

Its sad news. When FSX Steam edition came out in December 2014 and I got back into flight sim, it was Matt's videos that got me into Orbx sceneries, Prepar3d,  PMDG 737, GSX and VATSIM. Especially Vatsim. His tutorials helped ease my nervousness and find so much enjoyment in this hobby. He had his ups and downs but as this thread shows he had an impact on many of us in the hobby. I pray for comfort to his loved ones in this trying time. Thanks for your contributions Matt.

*Salute* 

This is sad news indeed. 

He was always found ways to give us some entertainment in flight simulation as well as helpful tips and tutorials. He was resourceful to make ever sim work in his streams the same way while focusing on what the best that sim has to offer.  Not only that, but he was very talented in music as well and would entertain us with few notes on his stream. In spite of all his setbacks I believe all he wanted was to make our flight sim experience better for all of us which is what I will miss about him the most.

Thank you Matt and now you can rest.

He mentioned on his Twitter page that he was looking forward to flying the FBW Airbus A380 in Microsoft Flight Simulator (after offering to provide the FBW guys with all of the information and data that he had from his own attempted A380 project). That one hit me quite hard :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I found this out on Reddit last night. Shocked. R.I.P Matt.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Climb and maintain Angel levels. Frequency change approved. RIP Matt!

• Like 2

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Definitely a bit of a shock. Last I heard, he had lost a lot of weight and was doing quite well. I used to always use his P3D set up guides. RIP indeed.