Sign in to follow this  
enright

What is your "go to" flight plan and why?

The number of possible TO: / FROM: / aircraft combinations in MSFS is mind boggling. While it's fun to check out a new plane or destination, sometimes you have a limited about of time in the real world and just want something quick and familiar. What is that "old reliable" flight plan for you and what draws you to it?

I'll start: 

TO: KHAF (Half Moon Bay)
Aircraft: Cessna 414W or 310R

Reasons Why:

• Takes about 30 mins
  • Amazing visuals and variety in scenery - water, hills, city, etc..
  • Incredible variability in weather over a very short distance
    • The difference in wind direction can be a full 180 degrees from the bay to the coast
    • The marine layer (low fog like clouds that hug the coastline) is accurately depicted when it occurs in real life
    • It can be clear on the coast, and raining in the bay - or visa versa
  • Heavy traffic at SFO and OAK is fun to watch and challenging to avoid

To justify the route, I like to pretend I'm ferrying some wealthy clients from their business in downtown Oakland to their homes on the slopes of Half Moon Bay. These clients don't mind the ludicrous expense of parking and flying out of KOAK 🙂 

What is your favorite route / aircraft combo? Do you have a hypothetical situation you imagine yourself in?

• Like 3

KPSP to KLAS. All with add on scenery. The KPSP scenery has its issues, but it's better than default. The departure over the mountains, and the approach into KLAS is very very nice.

In either the A320 or 738.

Between KBOI and KPDX in the Fenix or 737. Both have solid add-on sceneries, about an hour flight with beautiful scenery, usually pretty different weather at each location and I'm from the area so it makes it a bit more fun for me.

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

EDMA or EDDM to LIEA, LIEO or LIEE for sentimental reasons. I just wish we had a Q400. But a 737-800 or MD80 works too, at least for the last two.

ETSN to LIED in the SSW F-104 or G91. Also sentimental reasons.

And since ETSA is gone, I am looking forward to ETSL to LIED in the C-160.

You are going from southern Bavaria across the Alps, over Northern Italy, and past Corsica. Approaches to LIEE and LIEO from the east are the best.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Wichita (KICT), Hutchison (KHUT), Salina (KSLN) Kansas.  If you've ever been to FlightSafety for training, you'll know why!

Rich Boll

Wichita KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

The Napali Coast in Hawaii (Kauai) is my go-to. Towering cliffs, remote beaches, lush vegetation. Even in a small single engine, a pilot can circle the entire island in under 20 minutes. Lihue is the largest airport on Kauai (PHLI) but any of the coastal airfields make a good starting point (PHPA, PHBK, HI01). 

• Like 1

One of many - Grand Canyon KGCN to Jackson Hole KJAC.  HJET all the way.  Good NAVS and live weather.

Cheers

sp

• Like 1

Whenever I don’t know what to do, I’m likely to do KOAK or KSFO to KBUR.

Another one is KLAX to KLAS. 

I’ve lived in the Bay Area for two years but even before that I’ve always enjoyed the scenery on these routes. They are short-ish flights with the PMDG 737 in some beautiful locations with busy cities and mountains and oceans… pretty much everything I like. The only reason I haven’t had a similar route on the east coast is because, as you all know, it’s been forever since we had quality, up-to-date scenery for NYC airports, where I lived before and now again. However now with DD and iniBuilds doing KEWR and KJFK and can see short hops from NYC to KBOS, KPHL, KDCA and KIAD becoming a reality. I plan to do KEWR-KBOS this weekend and if it turns out fun it’s likely to be my go-to alongside KOAK-KBUR and KLAX-KLAS

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

It changes.

Currently it is Kokoda to Goroka in PNG. Good distance apart, both airports are in different scenic wide valleys, but separated by an insanely high line of Mountains you need to get through or over somehow.

I've got a few. 

Melbourne to Sydney is like a test track for me to do a nice 1hr run in the jets and try stuff out

Also US west coast, Bay Area, LAX,SFO or LAS

US East Coast, BOS, JFK, IAD, and come in from Cleveland or around there

London to EU short hops. Or in Greece is fun.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

A goto flight ? Ugh… The concept is anathema to me. My old simmer mind barely grasps it. MSFS is worth my time because it offers an immense variety of flying situations and of landscapes. One day Peru, the other day Nusa Tenggara, or the Cyclads, or Idaho or Laos or <you name it you have it>. I even fly in France from time to time  😁

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

LHR-AMS if I can't decide.  Gives me enough time to think about it 🙂

All over. Any payware/freeware scenery (especially if I just found something) and I fly point A to B. Navigraph/Simbrief for a basic plan and Pilot2ATC for finalization of the plan etc etc. GA or Airliner. Always pick random places and live weather to experience anything and everything.

Same airports get old fast. However, I do love the KTTD (Troutdale) freeware for GA testing and usually KJFK for airliner testing. Sometimes KSAN but the performance is lackluster.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

My favourite, especially since the release some really beautiful free airports has to be Khatmandu to Paro in either the Fenix or FBW A320 (Runway 15 being favourite)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

EKCHEGSS or EKCHEGKK in the 738, 737, or sometimes the Fenix A320 because they are flights I'm often on in real life (as a passenger). I use to test the sim after updates and sometimes just fly to compare RL to MSFS.