Sign in to follow this  
CornishCracker

Aircraft & Avionics Update 2 Beta Release Notes [1.33.3.0]

What's the problem with the Nvidia drivers above 531.29?

18 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What's the problem with the Nvidia drivers above 531.29?

Graphics card error message for some users.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

A couple of elementary questions please…
How do you go about joining the beta, and where would you post feedback ?

And if I wait for the actual release would there still be the opportunity to offer feedback, will it be periodically updated? I’m a little cautious about beta stuff messing things up.

I’ve only recently  rejoined the MSFS camp  in December, I was about to delete it but thought I’d give it one last try and was left stunned by how good it is now.

I’ve got real world  time on both the 787 and 747 (although the  400 series) and have previous experience on testing and tech advising for study level sims, so maybe able to give some constructive feedback to help.

cheers

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Has anyone noticed any negative effects on other aircraft? I don't really think so, as this is focused on the 787 and 747 plus some bug fixes, but I wouldn't wanna put my overall sim experience at risk for testing these newly improved aircraft.

I'm curious to test the new Boeings and send my bug reports but don't want to lose other aircraft for a month or so.

So is everything else still working as intended?

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

1 hour ago, YouDontKnow said:

I’m a little confused reading some messages.

Someone is comparing 787 e 747 with something that is not in the sim yet. Really?

The only comparison allowed is the standard old version against the WT version.

the verdict is: WOW!! 

An incredible improvement for free!THANK YOU.

You can surely compare an aircraft from one sim with an aircraft from another sim? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jon b said:

And if I wait for the actual release would there still be the opportunity to offer feedback, will it be periodically updated? I’m a little cautious about beta stuff messing things up.

I’ve only recently  rejoined the MSFS camp  in December, I was about to delete it but thought I’d give it one last try and was left stunned by how good it is now.

I’ve got real world  time on both the 787 and 747 (although the  400 series) and have previous experience on testing and tech advising for study level sims, so maybe able to give some constructive feedback to help.

cheers

As you may know, Working Title is the team that Microsoft hired, to work on various avionics and aircraft systems for MSFS.  In effect, Working Title is part of the MSFS team.  Working Title is the lead developer this time on this AAU2, and they made the changes on the 787 and 747.  There are two really good places to submit feedback on the 787 and 747 during the beta:

1. The Working Title Discord channel. Go to the official Working Title homepage at https://www.workingtitle.aero/, and click on the Discord link at the bottom (as of the moment, the Discord link is https://discord.com/invite/Fa6w2xK on their homepage).

2. The official AAU2 forum for the beta: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/aau02/389

If you think you want to continue to give feedback to Working Title after the beta ends, you probably want to join their Discord channel.

For how to join the beta, read the instructions in the official AAU2 beta forum: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-welcome-to-the-aau-02-beta/591232

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

You can surely compare an aircraft from one sim with an aircraft from another sim? 

PMDG aircraft yes but not a default 787 in MSFS vs a payware 787 in P3D. It makes no sense.

42 minutes ago, jon b said:

cheers

How to join:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-welcome-to-the-aau-02-beta/591232

Where to feedback

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/aau02/389

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

@abrams_tank Many thanks for your comprehensive explanation 👍

I’ll check out the  beta as soon as I get a chance.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

38 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Has anyone noticed any negative effects on other aircraft?

As I stated up-thread, I had issues with the Flysimware Chancellor 414 (some clickspots weren't working anymore). I uninstalled the beta and the issue was fixed. Not sure whether this is related to the beta.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Maybe my message was not written clearly.

Impossibile to compare aircrafts from different simulators.

the only comparison here could be before and after the avionics update.

50 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

PMDG aircraft yes but not a default 787 in MSFS vs a payware 787 in P3D. It makes no sense.

It makes complete sense. The Quality Wings 787 set a standard for a 787 in P3D. People using MSFS will be very interested to know whether this 787 achieves the same standard, or if not, what is missing. If it is equivalent, then the fact that it's default (albeit Premium) will be a bit of a bonus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Petraeus

3 minutes ago, YouDontKnow said:

Why is not not possible ?

Comparing this updated 787 with what we had some QW back in the P3D days is anything but impossible or invalid. People are talking about the plane and the simulation of its systems, not about the simulator itself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, YouDontKnow said:

I don't understand why you say that.  You can compare the systems fidelity.  Although I saw somewhere that the P3D version was maybe a -500 model, is that correct?

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Comparisons of this sort are absolutely pointless and usually end up with people throwing handbags at each other.

Work with what you have, and stop worrying about what you don't have and probably wont get.

That said, WT is probably the best thing that could have happened to MSFS 2020.

It's like the sim is paying you, rather than the other way around.

• Like 1