Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

ORBX EGLC London City v2 RELEASED!

4 hours ago, pilotter said:

this plus Flytampa EHAM will make my weekend!!

As far as I know FlyTampa haven't said whern EHAM is planned for release for MSFS other than it's coming soon, or have I missed something? 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, Amon1973 said:

As far as I know FlyTampa haven't said whern EHAM is planned for release for MSFS other than it's coming soon, or have I missed something? 

you are utterly correct, I am just dreaming.

• Like 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

• Like 4

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, jarmstro said:

But is not in any way up to the standards of Pilot Plus, Pyreegue and others.

Yeah...but that's not a fair comparison. This is a scenery, Pilot Plus and Pyreegue are experiences. LOL

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Under 5 US Dollars for an upgrade so of course I upgraded. Not bad at all.

Great update as it's one of my favorites already.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I have both and mixed feelings... Orbx version is more crisp and also models some buildings on the Canary Wharf, but landside is lacking. The UK2000 version has a moving DLR train there and more details. When flying the A32nx (IRL not allowed there), you can use it in UK2000 with default ground services, where Orbx is still lacking. Asked support but they have no plans to include default ground services and ask you to buy GSX... Finally performance. I have the London Pack from Orbx, freeware Gatwick, iniBuilds Heathrow and find the UK2000 version much better on frames.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fielder said:

is this guy actually a skipper or does he just buy stuff from transair ? 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I recall a freeware version on flightsim.to

The freeware is an improvement on the MSFS default as it has the taxiway and parking layout changes included. Good for the occasional visitor.
However, for anyone who regularly wants to fly into the airport, it's not of a comparable standard to either of the new EGLC releases.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

13 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I can verify anything. Here's his website:

https://www.virtualairlinepilot.org/

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 5/17/2023 at 1:19 AM, bobcat999 said:

Really?  $8 dollars for this update?  Not for me then.  I will stick with what I have and look more towards other developers mentioned like IniBuilds. 

Orbx have been a bit average in MSFS anyway, I have been seriously underwhelmed by most of their airports up to now.
They seem to be another developer living of rehashes from previous sims and their previous reputation. 

$8 dollars seems justified and a great price for an upgrade to me, judging by the pics I have seen, as I have yet to upgrade but will be doing so.

As far as rehashes ORBX is way behind in bringing all the great airports form P3D to MSFS in my opinion as far as the US goes. The PNW was supposedly one of the most popular spots for flying and I'm still waiting for most of the airports to be made available. They must have lost a lot of developers to the competition.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

18 hours ago, edemeijer said:

I have both and mixed feelings... Orbx version is more crisp and also models some buildings on the Canary Wharf, but landside is lacking. The UK2000 version has a moving DLR train there and more details. When flying the A32nx (IRL not allowed there), you can use it in UK2000 with default ground services, where Orbx is still lacking. Asked support but they have no plans to include default ground services and ask you to buy GSX... Finally performance. I have the London Pack from Orbx, freeware Gatwick, iniBuilds Heathrow and find the UK2000 version much better on frames.

I have Gatwick, GSX and the London City pack and have better frames than the previous ORBX. Also, I uninstalled the ORBX version and had the same framerate for me.

For 5 dollars for an upgrade and it was this much improved then I'll take it.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

2 hours ago, TurboKen said:

$8 dollars seems justified and a great price for an upgrade to me, judging by the pics I have seen, as I have yet to upgrade but will be doing so.

As far as rehashes ORBX is way behind in bringing all the great airports form P3D to MSFS in my opinion as far as the US goes. The PNW was supposedly one of the most popular spots for flying and I'm still waiting for most of the airports to be made available. They must have lost a lot of developers to the competition.

you know, I am with on that one. They really are lacking in that area. Fortunately, there are a ton from other developers including some really good freeware.

19 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

No, appears he worked at various airports doing security work. Not sure why he's wearing four gold bars in his profile picture...maybe he takes being a virtual pilot very seriously....

On his website (https://www.virtualairlinepilot.org/about-me-1) he details his life as a Private Pilot and then a commercial pilot...but both seem to involve little more than PC Simulators....

I've just ordered a white shirt and some captains bars. I'll report back if they make me a better sim pilot or not.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

32 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

No, appears he worked at various airports doing security work. Not sure why he's wearing four gold bars in his profile picture...maybe he takes being a virtual pilot very seriously....

On his website (https://www.virtualairlinepilot.org/about-me-1) he details his life as a Private Pilot and then a commercial pilot...but both seem to involve little more than PC Simulators....

I've just ordered a white shirt and some captains bars. I'll report back if they make me a better sim pilot or not.

Yep, that is pretty serious stuff from an image standpoint! Don’t forget the captains hat and flight bag to complete the picture!

On the basis of this thread, going to give the little guy UK2000 the sale on this one.

Edited by The Flight Level
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K