Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

Fenix A320 substantial new update from Aamir

8 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Aerosoft wouldn't even do it because: "95% of all simmers don't even know or care which engines their aircraft has"

I care.  It has jet engines doesn't it?  :biggrin: 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

48 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Regarding the new x-wind flight dynamics & fbw fine tuning and after reading the extensive description and watching the videos I wonder if the new FBW compensations used to cope with the rolling moments due to rudder input for uncrabing on landing or during a x-wind takeoff run as well as other fine tunning aspects of the implemented FBW logic are based on the RW modes or specific to the Fenix under MFS and required due to the limitations imposed by the MFS flight dynamics and overall physics model?

The FBW logic is just computing work to change surfaces based on this logic so that should be complaint with real world fbw laws and modes. The flight model on the other hand was tuned to get reasonable results

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Aerosoft wouldn't even do it because: "95% of all simmers don't even know or care which engines their aircraft has"

Yep, "95% of all simmers don't even know or care which engines an aircraft has..." 🙄

Aerosoft's sound design team:
https://youtu.be/xlDXQdgx_QU?t=523  (listen carefully)

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

18 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

or they wouldnt bother putting engines on it. 

alas. great news with the fenix. 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

I might not truly understand half of the complexities and details that go into these things but that absolutely does not mean I don't appreciate it. Just knowing you're flying an addon plane with so much love, care and attention put into it, makes for a better experience. Another even more important thing is coming to appreciate these things by learning about them as you use the addon more.

You watch or read a tutorial, gain more insight into these systems, see the detail, understand the care put into them and you're basically discovering new things on a continual basis, that prospect is also truly exciting. You feel like it's a platform that can help you grow your knowledge as well.

That's why I don't have much respect for that "Ah people don't understand it anyways, it can start and do that basics" attitude towards a plane. Then after 5-10 flights there's nothing more to discover, learn or be excited about.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Regarding the new x-wind flight dynamics & fbw fine tuning and after reading the extensive description and watching the videos I wonder if the new FBW compensations used to cope with the rolling moments due to rudder input for uncrabing on landing or during a x-wind takeoff run as well as other fine tunning aspects of the implemented FBW logic are based on the RW modes or specific to the Fenix under MFS and required due to the limitations imposed by the MFS flight dynamics and overall physics model?

They have to be compliant with the real world modes/rules. What was done here was tuning the parameter responses and controllers to achieve the correct intended result and fixing bugs inhibiting certain parameters from working under the conditions they should have been working in before, and adjusting some of the code to better represent the real world modes. 

• Like 7

Aamir Thacker

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

That's one hell of a sentence!

🙂 

I'm a José Saramago compatriot....

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Very impressive details to program into an already incredible product. Thank you for this update. 

• Upvote 1

Keith Guillory

7 hours ago, Aamir said:

They have to be compliant with the real world modes/rules. What was done here was tuning the parameter responses and controllers to achieve the correct intended result and fixing bugs inhibiting certain parameters from working under the conditions they should have been working in before, and adjusting some of the code to better represent the real world modes. 

Great stuff! Thanks, Love flying your Bus I have done thousands of hours with it and still can’t get enough. I really really Hope you’re secret project is the a340-300 it would be so cool to do long range with Fenix quality!

• Like 1

Curious question for any who might know: Are the IAE's getting the new proprietary external engine model first, followed shortly after by the current CFM's?

So like: V2 includes IAE's with external engine model, new external model and textures, new cockpit model and textures, updated sounds, new flypad, bugfixes, a signed T-Shirt by Aamir, and updated flight dynamics, and then V2.1 will be the CFM's with external engine model?

Or is it all planned in one update?

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

3 minutes ago, WestAir said:

and then V2.1 will be the CFM's with external engine model?

Correct

• Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

The CFMs will get everything the IAEs do, except the engine model, which will be added later.

• Like 8

Aamir Thacker

27 minutes ago, Aamir said:

The CFMs will get everything the IAEs do, except the engine model, which will be added later.

Quick question Aamir, do you recommend DX11 or DX12 with the Fenix A320?

• Like 1

Eric 

I do love the Fenix and this sounds like a great update but I still find it quite hard on frames compared to Pmdg or other aircraft I fly. Do others find this too? Any suggestions specific to fenix?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10