Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

True or false, Avsim experts?

2 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Well, there is always the warp drive. Theoretically, that's possible (look up Alcubierre metric). I don't know how to harvest vacuum energy, but maybe the little green men do 🙂

Well, if we cannot harvest dark matter, perhaps we will discover how to create a miniature black hole, and draw the energy we need from it... 

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I pretty confident that if its not via a short cut i.e. a worm hole making the distances between point A and point B in space that are otherwise 100+ light years apart adjacent then its just not happening at all. A civilization would have to be so vast and advanced to do it any other way and it would probably be an all consuming enterprise. Even for us nothing is done out of curiosity anymore. It has to be profitable.

@martin-w Did you see the story circulating in the news the other day about the guy in Las Vegas who called 911 about seeing a bright light falling from the sky then two 8-10’ tall aliens in his backyard. Cops came and one of cops got the falling light on either his dash cam or chest cam, but no video of the aliens.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2023/06/10/las-vegas-alien-ufo-backyard-report-police-orig.cnn

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/06/08/aliens-las-vegas-back-yard-police-investigation/70304429007/

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 hours ago, dave2013 said:

If we can figure out the technique to artificially bend space, which would require an immense amount of energy, just as it requires an immense mass, to make a significant distortion, then we can travel by compressing space in our direction of travel or bending it around us.

Fusion may be the answer. 

Dave

You are talking about an Alcubierre warp drive, which requires negative mass or energy. And we don't know if such a thing exists.

If it does exist, Its been calculated that to generate enough negative  energy you would require the mass of the entire sun. 

Nuclear fusion isn't going to help you I'm afraid. Such a thing is beyond fission or fusion. 

Edited by martin-w

11 hours ago, n4gix said:

Any probe is totally useless if it fails to return with harvested information. 😏

We've detected radio waves from 8.8 billion lightyears. But yes, any civilisation is likely extinct by the time a signal reaches such a great distance and the power requirement is extreme.

But worth remembering that our alien probe senders are more advanced than us, so may not be sending FTL probes, but may have cracked superluminal communication. 

Then there's the Von Neumann self replicating probe of course that doesn't send signals back home.

9 hours ago, FBW737 said:

So in this scenario I can see that all of their tech may be just a few decades advanced of where we are at but going from not being able to open traversable worm holes to being able to open traversable worm holes is an overnight advancement.

A few decades might be a stretch but theres a non-zero liklihood of serendipitous breakthroughs.

Not something that can be ruled out. 

What's this gunk in the bottom of this beaker? Err... let's call it Bakelite. 

17 hours ago, martin-w said:

Those that believe the phenomenon is something other than experimental aircraft, would point to the extreme (to us physics defying) maneuvers they allegedly perform. There have been a considerable number of trustworthy individuals like air force pilots and airline pilots who have reported some quite extraordinary things. Maneuverers that would seem to be akin to  Sitar Trek technology. 

Have to keep in mind computer images can easily be made up...sort of like all the "Big Foot" sightings and foot prints...funny no one has actually caught one...same with UFOs. I have my doubts about all these people in the news that report UFOs...exactly who are they...ever try to track one of these people down or find out where they work...call that place and whoever answers the phone will tell you...you have the wrong number or no one by that name works here...most of these people don't even exist...just like the UFOs. 

The little blips we see on radar screens or HUDS of jet aircraft can be easily faked with Photo Shop...it's all so vague and we can't put a finger on anything...it's all wild speculation...it's also interesting ATC never reports any sightings on radar...maybe the UFOs don't have transponders and we have never seen any physical proof. Look at it like this...if UFOs were real and there was actual proof...it really would be Headline Breaking News around the world and reporters would be there LIVE but we don't see any of that because none of it exists. I know everyone "wants" it to exist and be real....just like Big Foot but well...hate to burst anyone's bubble but I highly doubt any UFOs are around. I'll need more than a blurry photo or a report by someone who doesn't exist...anyway...have fun with it.

15 hours ago, Antipodeslonghaul said:

Like Ravi Shankar? Just kidding...

I was also wondering about the pilot reports, or whether there have been sightings by airline passengers. I certainly would like to believe they're already here, whoever they are.

Pilot reports...right...anyone can be a pilot...look at all the "pilots" on youtube and they're all experts. Remember the internet is a place of make-believe for the most part. I'd trust a passenger before I'd trust one of these pilots...try tracking down one of these pilots and see if they actually exist...ever heard of fake news? Yes...it does exist and it's more real than most pilot reports or any UFOs...let that sink in. Ask yourself: where's the proof of any of these UFOs? There isn't any other than blurry photos at best. 

12 hours ago, qqwertzde said:
12 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

There is nothing that suggests our mental capacity is capable of reaching time travel (which is essentially what we're talking about).  

qqwertzde   Well, there is always the warp drive. Theoretically, that's possible (look up Alcubierre metric).

There is plenty of evidence that plenty of humans have already achieved warp drive... in their own heads. The rest of us have a hard time following them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will273 said:

I have my doubts about all these people in the news that report UFOs...exactly who are they...ever try to track one of these people down or find out where they work.

Well the video I posted was the world famous Gordon Cooper, astronaut. 

The 2004 "tic tac" incident involved  Commander David Fravor, highly respected, 22 years in the Navy, commander of the Black Aces. It also involved Alex Dietrich, an inexperienced pilot at the time, her combat experience on her second deployment earned her an Air Medal, went on to achieve 1000 hours of flight time and 100 night traps. Chad Underwood was involved too, he filmed the famous "tic tac" with his ATFLIR pod.

So we don't need to track them down, I presume you have seen them in the news.

Regrading the 2015 incident, where objects were seen around the carrier daily, and eye witnesses said they were cubes within transparent spheres, Ryan Graves has come forward and been very vocal. So yes, there are lots of airline pilots and military pilots, all well respected and open about their experiences. Hence why the current investigation is taking place and why AARO was formed. 

Edited by martin-w

2 hours ago, Will273 said:

try tracking down one of these pilots

8 hours ago, FBW737 said:

I pretty confident that if its not via a short cut i.e. a worm hole making the distances between point A and point B in space that are otherwise 100+ light years apart adjacent then its just not happening at all.

Miguel Alcubierre himself, interviewed a couple of years ago, said that despite being the guy that wrote the warp drive paper, felt that wormhole travel was more feasible. 

Let's see if this works.

Well the video I posted was the world famous Gordon Cooper, Letastronaut. 

The 2004 "tic tac" incident involved  Commander David Fravor, highly respected, 22 years in the Navy, commander of the Black Aces. It also involved Alex Dietrich, an inexperienced pilot at the time, her combat experience on her second deployment earned her an Air Medal, went on to achieve 1000 hours of flight time and 100 night traps. Chad Underwood was involved too, he filmed the famous "tic tac" with his ATFLIR pod.

So we don't need to track them down, I presume you have seen them in the news.

Regrading the 2015 incident, where objects were seen around the carrier daily, and eye witnesses said they were cubes within transparent spheres, Ryan Graves has come forward and been very vocal. So yes, there are lots of airline pilots and military pilots, all well respected and open about their experiences. Hence why the current investigation is taking place and why AARO was formed. 

2 hours ago, robb13 said:

There is plenty of evidence that plenty of humans have already achieved warp drive... in their own heads. The rest of us have a hard time following them.

I believe that as much as I believe a man can become a woman...and if that's true then UFOs really do exist and so does Superman and Batman and all the other Super Heros...I mean why stop at UFOs...let's go all the way...I mean if you're gonna do it then do it right!😉

Edited by Will273

54 minutes ago, Will273 said:

Oh ok...sorry I

You quoted your response from me. Can you edit that? It looks like it was me saying it. 😁