Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

This sounds like a new game.

See the Xbox Games Showcase at this timestamp:

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

How about ceasing the personal attacks (this is one of several) and at least debate the issue?

The popping/morphing textures in several region like France have been with us for months now. The Official Forum thread counts 470 messages and has been running from Oct 22. The horizon line is "irresolvable". The panel jumps a meter to the front when I switch off the engines under VR. Cars driving on taxi lines. And so on.

I fully acknowledge the work done by MS and Asobo and much enjoy MSFS nearly every day, but personally I would prefer a shift of resources to solving long-standing core issues. 

Am I a bad simmer in view of this?

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, mholden020 said:

Yes, completely new thing according to the Game Pass twitter.

Let's wait and hear for details. Wouldn't mind to pay for it again (just sayin, Asobo and MS deserves it big times)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

21 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

There was also lot of 3rd party devs involved within that trailer. Vision Jet, the Oil rigs are probably Aerosoft for example.

Well, at least one of the seemingly 3rd party planes seen in the vid is NOT from a the 3rd party dev that would normally be associated to it. Wich means its likely an in house remake of a popular MSFS addon. I really hope its not that as it would be a terrible decision from MS to do this kind of things.

• Upvote 1

If all the addons I purchased for 2020 work in the new sim, I  will purchase. Otherwise I will wait a couple years before 'upgrading'. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

13 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

the flight model is still so bad developers need hacks or external modeling to create realistic addons

Can you outline what hacks inibuilds employed to get their A310 flying as well as it does?

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 minute ago, leprechaunlive said:

Well, at least one of the seemingly 3rd party planes seen in the vid is NOT from a the 3rd party dev that would normally be associated to it. Wich means its likely an in house remake of a popular MSFS addon. I really hope its not that as it would be a terrible decision from MS to do this kind of things.

The Beluga? If so Ini made the original Beluga based off the A300 - But yeah not sure who they got for the BelugaXL - Could be Aerosoft maybe.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Well, I guess they need to update the roadmap and remove "Surprise" in July....LOL.

• Like 3

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

This is really great if you like career mode and missions and all the stuff MSFS isn't great at. That stuff isn't for me, so I'll probably stick with FS2020 unless there's good IFR and VFR improvements.

• Like 5

New animated Trees, moving in heli wind!!!!, 

Missions, Tornados, Fires,,, 

• Like 3

Just now, Zangoose said:

The Beluga? If so Ini made the original Beluga based off the A300 - But yeah not sure who they got for the BelugaXL - Could be Aerosoft maybe.

Not the Beluga, and im not going to say more at this point, its too early. It just came out of nowhere with no real explanations. A marketing genius probably tought about that long and hard in an office far far away. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fielder said:

If all the addons I purchased for 2020 work in the new sim, I  will purchase. Otherwise I will wait a couple years before 'upgrading'. 

yeah that is my only hope, it won't be a breaking change version but I don't MS and Asobo will stupid to release a breaking change simulator, many users and developers will be word not allowed, hell ya some developers like FSLabs are still "figuring out" how to develop for 2020 and now we are in 2024 version 😄 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

For me the main question is, where does this leave current Simulator? Are all fixes and improvements frozen now? Is this it for next 1 year? Why would they spend effort to work on obsolete simulator? 
For second I could think.. woow.. "they didnt put effort to fix all the issues because they were working on new generation." Time will tell...

• Like 6

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR