Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

Third party devs cannot rip the software off of our computers. Backwards compatibility will work if it works. PMDG sells their planes on the marketplace so they couldn't charge you again if they wanted to. Devs who will choose to be greedy if their modules get broken by the new sim will end up being the stupid ones. Better to update your module and advertise to the influx of fresh customers coming in.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I personally think 3rd party devs will start selling add-ons as compatible with FS2020 and FS2024 otherwise the sales will just not be there. I'm pretty confident now though that all 3rd party stuff is going to be compatible from the get go. Once Jorg and co do a live Q&A everyone will chill and start looking forward to the next instalment. I cant wait, I'm like CAT in Red Dwarf, all six of my nipples are tingling. 

Edited by garlicbread11
  • Like 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

1 minute ago, Flying-Hare said:

I still do not understand why do 2024?

To expand the appeal beyond hardcore flight simmers and to make more money off everyone.
Why? Because Microsoft is a business. It's that simple.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It seems very clear that MSFS of whichever iteration is about exalting novelty over quality.  We've had a lot more of the former and not nearly enough of the latter with this project since the beginning.  I see no reason to expect anything different in the time ahead.

As just a single (yet fundamental) example, this program still does not launch reliably and often requires a reboot of the sim, or Windows or both just to begin using it.

Let the gamers have it.  I quite sincerely hope they enjoy it.  After all it was always designed for them.  There is a serious flight simulator available to those of us who want one.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

why do FS98, FS2000,FS2004, FSX...... Progress.

• Like 5

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

14 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

MS must believe there is a market for expanded missions... time will tell how it plays out.

We do not know what the "expanded" Asobo platform is capable of, other than more realistic people walking around..

I am hoping that to me it will be like the Maverick or Reno packs.. more clutter on the startup screen and files on my MSFS SSD, but of no further consequence. I hope it does not ask me what mission I would like to fly at every turn.. or tell me what my games score is at present and how I can increase it.. 😎

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

6 minutes ago, garlicbread11 said:

I personally think 3rd party devs will start selling add-ons as compatible with FS2020 and FS2024 otherwise the sales will just not be there. I'm pretty confident now though that all 3rd party stuff is going to be compatible from the get go.

Plus, I am pretty sure, everyone in this thread (subtract a couple of pigheads) will be on FS2024 early on, most of them within a week after release, whatever they say today. X-Box subscribers will quickly just switch.

No one will care for MSFS a year after release of FS2024. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

10 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

As just a single (yet fundamental) example, this program still does not launch reliably and often requires a reboot of the sim, or Windows or both just to begin using it.

That has never happened to me in the three years this sim has been out.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am hoping that to me it will be like the Maverick or Reno packs.. more clutter on the startup screen and files on my MSFS SSD, but of no further consequence. I hope it does not ask me what mission I would like to fly at every turn.. or tell me what my games score is at present and how I can increase it.. 

It’s a whole new product, not an update or DLC for MSFS2020.

And obviously missions aren’t the only thing it’s adding. We saw a new airport and new aircraft in the trailer.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It’s a whole new product, not an update or DLC for MSFS2020.

It is a new release, I get that, but for me I would just like a simple interface to start my flight without all the games and mission options..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

13 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

After all it was always designed for them

No it wasn’t. It was designed for everyone. It has stuff for the hardcore simmers (A310, the updated garmin systems) and for the casual pilots.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

It is a new release, I get that, but to me I would just like a simple interface to start my flight without all the games and mission options..

It’s not like the sim will force you to use them. They’ll probably have their own square on the menu somewhere. That is if they didn’t completely redo the menu UI

Edited by Tuskin38

15 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

It seems very clear that MSFS of whichever iteration is about exalting novelty over quality. 

Absolutely correct to a point. Quoting a famous scientist “Imagination is more important than knowledge”. The novelty is keeping pace with advances in sim technology to bring flight simulation to a higher level of “As Real as it Gets”.

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

We do not know what the "expanded" Asobo platform is capable of, other than more realistic people walking around..

Well, from this trailer I at least picked up on these:

• seasons
  • 3D trees
  • moving grass and foliage based on local/nearby airflow
  • fires and other effects on scenery? smoke was rising from the fires and expanding out into the atmosphere (also related to this: more particle effects i.e. water, fire, crop dusting, etc)
  • higher DEM and scenery resolution (i.e. Mt Kilimanjaro)
  • tornadoes hinting at improved weather simulation overall (when Asobo spoke in earlier Q&As about doing revamped amazing weather they spoke about such phenomenon like twisters)

And then of course there's what they have said so far about the core sim for the 2024 version: This brand-new simulator is designed to take advantage of the latest technologies in simulation, cloud, machine learning, graphics and gaming to create the most sophisticated, immersive and awe-inspiring flight simulator of all time. To achieve this unprecedented level of accuracy, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is powered by the significantly evolved Asobo Studio engine.

So just from all that I'd say it's way more than just missions + more realistic people walking around 🤷‍♂️... I for one am really looking forward to more details to come.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD