Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

It's not a game. It's a simulation of real life. And real life is not fun. 🤪

FS2020 is most definitely fun! 

FS2024 looks fun too. Looking forwards to flying into that tornado and trying the crop dusting. Not sure my helicopter skills are good enough for the lowering pylons mission though! 

3 minutes ago, g-liner said:

My point was that maybe your own behaviour hasn’t been that great. 

You go straight to the bin where you belong. Bye bye. 😁

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, g-liner said:

Looking forwards to flying into that tornado

--- and absolutely nothing bad happening to your aircraft, just like now with storm clouds. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

--- and absolutely nothing bad happening to your aircraft, just like now with storm clouds. 😉

Looking forwards to checking it out anyway! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

My wish is that there is an upgrade path that allows installing 2024 over 2020 (like how I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11) ...that will keep settings and installed add-ons intact. 

From my understanding, 2024 is a separate sim with no upgrade path from 2020. But, maybe that will be a future option at a reduced price from a separate install. Won’t be the first surprise. It will be for people wanting to change things up from the historical Flight Simulator versions. It is all about choice and Microsoft will support the two versions. Good old polls and sales figures after the 2024 release will show the trends and likes. The optimistic side of me says this new version is going to be far more interactive and attractive for a hands on approach to flying in relation to the career sectors of aviation shown in the video. A big departure from the commercial aspects dealing with detailed flight plans, pushback, autopilot and avionics stuff. 

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

I don't know how I feel about this?  Seems a bit soon for another sim.  Yes we used to have 2 year cycles but back then a new plane could be designed and tested, released inside of a month.  Now it takes almost as long as the real thing to design and develop an aircraft.

I guess it could have been worse! 

We are done with FS2020 and Asobo/M$ would be laying off everyone and telling us the community that we can continue to enjoy FS2020 for another year.  Forward development is always a good thing and a cash injection every so many years is not a bad thing. 

What I am concerned most is what about upcoming projects like the TFDi MD-11?  I actually paid for early access when complete.  Now all of a sudden you have a big unknown called FS2024 on the horizon.  I am taking the promise of near backwards compatibility with a grain of salt.  Sounds more like the PR department running triage more than anything else.  Its highly doubtful most everything will carry over trouble free.  

I think its coming sooner rather then later.  If I had to guess its coming this fall maybe for Christmas!

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Yea because you all were horrible at beta testing for free remember?🤪

Fm3ytprWYAcjCjt.png

what

Edited by icewater5
just got it
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Interesting, thanks. However 120 people to make the world look prettier? I wonder how many are allocated to AI, ATC etc….? 

From the MSFS entry screen -> go to OPTIONS -> GENERAL OPTIONS -> MISC -> CREDITS (for 3 versions). There you will get a list of the whole team. Good luck trying to count everybody!

If ATC and AI aren't significantly improved, I'm not going to buy this brand new sequel. 🤪

Mike...

I think the trailer looks pretty fun. I've come to terms with MSFS regarding its real target audience and scope. In my case, I've found enjoyment by understanding it is a fun aviation game with some varying aspects of realism and levels of simulation fidelity. If I want something more complex or high-fidelity (hate the term study-level) I'll go with Aerowinx PSX or P3D.

Having said that, I definitely love the fun aspects of what's in that trailer! Firefighting? SAR? Cargo? Oh yeah! Bring it on please!!!

I wish MS/Asobo would introduce an airline career mode similar to what we had back in the Sublogic's ATP days. Now THAT was fun.

• Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde

4 minutes ago, evaamo said:

I wish MS/Asobo would introduce an airline career mode similar to what we had back in the Sublogic's ATP days. Now THAT was fun.

The trailer does suggest some kind of career mode. In the text I think? 

7 minutes ago, g-liner said:

The trailer does suggest some kind of career mode. In the text I think? 

So long as it doesnt go down the TSW "Action Points" or Mastery road and offer meaningless decals. To me career mode needs to be akin to starting with a VA. Short flights with the smaller aircraft and work your way up to the heavy iron. Or some sort of built in timetable planner for your own or a real world airline so you can do the actual flights - something akin to FS Passengers or JF Airliner Pilot of yore.

• Like 1

Looking at the mood here you’d think Dovetail just managed to get the rights to MSFS 

Edited by Cmmcd87

1 hour ago, icewater5 said:

what

Was joking about that one.

I meant what I've said about P3D though🤪

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

9 hours ago, AnkH said:

Is it just me or is this ship in the oil rig scenario again (!) not in a slightes way responding to the waves? And I am pretty sure that those nice 3D trees will be only visible in dedicated spots, e.g. the ones you visit specifically to perform one of the missions while the rest of the world will still be covered in exactly the same trees as we have now in MSFS 2020. And to be honest, the landscape selected to "present" the seasons is also chosen wisely, as basically only forest is visible, so nobody knows how for example non-forsetal countryside will look like. So, after watching the trailer several times, I DO wonder what MSFS 2024 will really offer besides missions... To many open questions for me...

I mean, yeah it's a trailer so presumably they are trying to show it in a good light. But on the other hand, launch isn't next week so there is a lot of time for them to develop things further. What's interesting to me is how long they have been working on this stuff. Overall, I'm excited at the continuation of MSFS (whether it's called 2020 or 2024)...and the plus is that if it takes a year post-launch to mature more fully and work the kinks out, we already have a solid MSFS 2020 to bridge the gap, so I think there is a lot of reason for optimism here. 

Looking forward to hearing more from Asobo about what's in store, and I'm sure we will. 

• Like 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10