Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

He’s not trolling, that’s an uncalled for comment. 

PMDG sold a product for MSFS2020. Those of us that have bought the 737 four times know that paying again for a new sim is a possibility. 

MS seem to be signalling that marketplace upgrades SHOULD be free, so hopefully devs will fall in line.

As an aside, I will laugh if MSFS2024 gets to market before the PMDG EFB… 🙂

If you are not happy about buying the 737 four times,  the problem is with you, not PMDG. Nobody forced you to anything. 

It yes it is bad manner to barge in a FS24 thread just to say something nasty about PMDG. In modern speak this is called trolling. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

16 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

If you are not happy about buying the 737 four times,  the problem is with you, not PMDG. Nobody forced you to anything. 

It yes it is bad manner to barge in a FS24 thread just to say something nasty about PMDG. In modern speak this is called trolling. 

The intention was not really to bash PMDG per se. I love their products. But it's not an unfounded worry, I've been with PMDG since FSX, P3D (all versions until 4), and now MSFS. 

It's true nobody forces us to purchase a new version each time. Just hoping that 2020 to 2024 will be the exception and we can use our addons without any "upgrade costs".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don’t mind paying for 2024 if it has decent upgrades to the base simulator. MS are completely entitled to charge for it - they’re a business, after all. I paid for the sim when it came out and had a few hundred hours of enjoyment out of it. Happy to pay again for an upgrade.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dikkeduif said:

It's true nobody forces us to purchase a new version each time. Just hoping that 2020 to 2024 will be the exception and we can use our addons without any "upgrade costs".

No chance. Actually, this reeks of a conspiracy  obviously orchestrated by Neumann and Randazzo. PMDG intentionally slowed down the making of the its jetliner  EFB to wait for the FS24 release so as to charge you guys yet another time.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi,

Wow, wow, wow!!!

I'm surprised and a little shocked! I didn't know anything about it!

So many questions around my head...

One, and it is important to me: what will be the hardware requisites for MSFS 2024?

A new PC? A new graphic card? New processor?

Regards.

6 hours ago, Krakin said:

Well good for you. Doesn't change the fact that MSFS is the most successful flight sim ever released.

Of course it is. It was made for casual XBox-gamers rather than for aviation-fans and pilots, who are a minority. It won’t make it suddenly better if there are 100 or 100 mio users.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

56 minutes ago, simbol said:

it means new SDK with more power to be able to create more amazing content.. and you guys as users, you have been asking for MORE, MORE we want this, we want that.. well.. here it is.. embrace it..

Indeed, just 4 years ago, community was stuck in flight simulators with "ancient" engines. Now MS and Asobo came with revolutionary flight sim with tons tons of free content and updated regularly and yet community is still asking for more or accusing MS with "scamming" forgot they literally have spoiled us with tons of free content like world updates, city updates and the biggest 40th update.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

6 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

Troll of the day award goes to.....

Call it trolling if you want. This is my honest tought after having used almost every flightsim since 35 years. I just don’t understand why they could not at least keep the good things from other sims. The camera steering is very unconvenient, a tower or runway-view is missing, the zoom is limited. There is even no proper replay! The weather engine has issues even after 3 years, metars are being depicted completely wrong again and again, stuff that was working flawlessely since 10 years or more in other sims (ActiveSky etc.), there are no 3D weather-radars like we had in other sims since years. The ground-steering is atrociously bad, the flight feeling isn’t there despite all promises, inertia is missing or wrongly simulated. Then this strange popout-screens that were perfect since years in the PMDG-aircrafts and doesn’t really work now; either there are too big and don’t keep their position saved or at best we have to press a key during clicking then, why so complicated? The whole usability is bad, we cannot even reload a plane or change a livery without going back to the main menu (a step back as well). And one of the most disappointing things: there are no turbulences at all when flying through clouds; flying into a hurricane has zero impact on the aircraft. Seasons? Missing of course etc.

That’s why MSFS2020 has been a big step backwards for me, based on my experience. The only pro is the revolutionary scenery. Unfortunately not enough for me to compensate for all cons.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Eh? I’ve purchased several addons with wallet funds. The Reno base back, London Landmarks, AN-225 and the ATR

edit: and FSDT’s CYVR

I definitely could not use my MS/XBox funds to purchase add ons from the Marketplace for the Steam version. This was confirmed to me by MS Support, too. Identical core game treated as two totally separate entities when it comes to buying DLC.

1 minute ago, Elvensmith said:

I definitely could not use my MS/XBox funds to purchase add ons from the Marketplace for the Steam version. This was confirmed to me by MS Support, too. Identical core game treated as two totally separate entities when it comes to buying DLC.

You are talking about XBox funds, he was talking about Steam funds, which works fine.

In my opinion, they should have to come with something more than just fancy stuff, like a reliable AI traffic system and ATC as examples. And also, with a reasonnable updating policy for those already in FS2020

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

27 minutes ago, John Fields said:

A new PC? A new graphic card? New processor?

I strongly doubt as also MSFS 2024 needs to run on the same Xbox again with reasonable frame rates. So I am almost 100% sure that every rig that manages MSFS 2020 will have no troubles running MSFS 2024 equally well. It MIGHT be (but I doubt, as Xbox is unable to do so) that MS/Asobo adds some modern graphic engine stuff like ray tracing, but if, you will for sure be able to turn those things off. 

Besides... I hope the DX12 implementation in MSFS 2024 will not be marked again as beta...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Well, it's fundamentally good news regarding development and continuity BUT I never liked a version-based sim...

There are very few examples of tittles in this area that are based on a single evolving platform. DCS World is a good example, IL2 is too, even better we have War Thunder.

These platforms evolve with time but the whole platform moves to new versions flawlessly and without compromising the investment made by the users in terms of addons, or even hardware.

While the FAQ mentions backward compatibility with Marketplace products, almost 100%, meaning we should be able to start the new sim and find there our FS2020 aircraft, airports, ..., here will probably be differences for 3pd products not available through the Marketplace.

I honestly don't know if I would prefer to read that 2020 will be close for further development or continue to be supported 😕

Time will tell...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Nope. Bad news as it means they won’t focus fs24 on improving much the sim core which would then require updates to addons  e.g. water physics, ground traction, air dynamics, etc.

History shows that progress in flight simulation means some compatibility breaking. If there is none, there is no progress. At the end of the day, we have to choose. 

In what I’ve read so far, they are just cranking out content, they pimp out FS20 and call it a new sim 😇

The most plausible scenario for me is that all the various areas of the core sim where MS/Asobo have either stated explicitly or hinted that they are doing a major update or complete rewrite/rework on, will now only be coming in the 2024 release:

• seasons (already pretty clear it's 2024 only based on this trailer and recent change of the wishlist item from "Started" to "Planned")
  • overall weather (remember in the early Q&As they spoke about much more comprehensive weather which they really want to do)
  • ground handling (I'm guessing the interim fixes in SU10 to address cross-wind and wheel stickiness issues are it for 2020, and the broader rework Seb spoke about in earlier Q&As such as modelling wheels as fully 3D objects with various characteristics etc will like only come in 2024 imo)
  • ATC: I remember in the recent Q&A when they were asked about ATC re-work and them pausing/smiling and saying that it's being reworked but will take time
  • AI
  • core flight dynamics & FDE: I'm going to take an educated guess that IL-2's lead engineer Sturmovik must've been hired to get to work straight on 2024 in these areas along with Seb and others
  • full DX12 support from the get go
  • etc

I suspect we'll be getting deep dive previews on various aspects of the core sim that's being improved in 2024 between now and release, just like the pre 2020 days. Don't think we can just go by a 2 minute trailer tailored for the XBox games showcase and assume the majority of the new content/innovation are only around missions.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD