Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

Just now, DD_Arthur said:

It also confirms that this is a marketing cock-up, 😂.

”Hey guys, have you seen this? Our customer base is melting with anger.”

Yeah, it wasn't the most well thought out announcement 🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

But there's no mention of addons NOT purchased in the Marketplace? Maybe the new sim will be Marketplace only with no third party community folder? They wouldn't do this to us. Or would they?

I'm excited for this, and good to know addons will be compatible.

Just worried about the likes of pmdg that might see another "business opportunity" in this.

8 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

But there's no mention of addons NOT purchased in the Marketplace? Maybe the new sim will be Marketplace only with no third party community folder? They wouldn't do this to us. Or would they?

This would insta-kill all freeware stuff and therefore insta-kill all PC sales for MSFS 2024. So… unless they are braindead, no.

EDIT: That said, I am afraid that some addons that rely on external code (Fenix, Maddog, FBW) could need an extensive update, which of course takes time away from the actual development

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dikkeduif said:

I'm excited for this, and good to know addons will be compatible.

Just worried about the likes of pmdg that might see another "business opportunity" in this.

ha ha the first PMDG bashing troll of the thread ! Be kind with him, they cannot help. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

This would insta-kill all freeware stuff and therefore insta-kill all PC sales for MSFS 2024. So… unless they are braindead, no.

EDIT: That said, I am afraid that some addons that rely on external code (Fenix, Maddog, FBW) could need an extensive update, which of course takes time away from the actual development

Hope you are right, but as a pessimist by nature I'm wondering if the desire to get some revenue from every addon, may be proving too much to resist.

I’m very excited about this new simulator.

As someone who has been with the franchise since FS2002, I think it’s very important that there is forward progress, and I’m glad MS is still progressing the franchise further. Seeing the FAQ means that they are hearing what the community’s concerns are and I have to say this current team has just been amazing and open. Also - they’ve been dropping updates for the entire almost 3 years that MSFS has been released. For FREE! We now have default aircrafts that I would have gladly paid for in the past (eg 787 AAU2).

Back in those days you’d be repurchasing each new sim in a box on discs. Some payware developers will support new sims, some won’t. It’s just like how it has always been. When MS disbanded the FS after FSX, the only benefit was the ecosystem was mainly stagnant and what you had was what you got. I went to P3D v3 then supported through v4 then to v5. I’ve bought aircrafts (eg PMDG 777) for both platforms. Did I want to pay twice? I think most of us would say no. But the reason was that I’m supporting a developer, who creates amazing add ons, and help to keep them in business. I will undoubtedly be buying the 777 for MSFS when it comes up. 

So in summary - as long as MS doesn’t do what they tried to do with MS Flight, i.e. close off an entire ecosystem (which naturally caused the demise of that platform itself) - I’m all for the new simulator, and I will support the people behind MS/ASOBO/our favourite developers!

• Like 2

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

Glad to see that 2020 development will continue. I just wonder what features they will leave out of future 2020 updates in order to entice user to move over to 2024. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

14 hours ago, rjquick said:

Well, if you were wondering why so many issues don't get worked on, it's probably because they were spending their time on this nonsense. This looks like something that should be an addon. Steering away from flight simulator fidelity and going towards cheesy video game stuff. They may also be looking to have everyone have purchase flight simulator all over again. We'll see. Not good IMO.

You call all that "nonsense" and you get 26 likes... I just want to say that I totally disagree, I welcome and would PAY for such a development / DLC.

P.S. Seasons are there too.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

If marketplace addons will work then the addons via the community folder should also work - Obviously there may be need for some updates here and there but I don't really see an indication that A) They are removing that functionality and B) It wouldn't work at all. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Is it just me or is this ship in the oil rig scenario again (!) not in a slightes way responding to the waves? And I am pretty sure that those nice 3D trees will be only visible in dedicated spots, e.g. the ones you visit specifically to perform one of the missions while the rest of the world will still be covered in exactly the same trees as we have now in MSFS 2020. And to be honest, the landscape selected to "present" the seasons is also chosen wisely, as basically only forest is visible, so nobody knows how for example non-forsetal countryside will look like. So, after watching the trailer several times, I DO wonder what MSFS 2024 will really offer besides missions... To many open questions for me...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

7 hours ago, GRM said:

This type of simulator begs for the Vulkan API, but it will never happen.

What will using the Vulkan API bring?

Looks good!

When’s the next Dev Q&A?  Should be soon, the last one was 4th of May. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

ha ha the first PMDG bashing troll of the thread ! Be kind with him, they cannot help. 

He’s not trolling, that’s an uncalled for comment. 

PMDG sold a product for MSFS2020. Those of us that have bought the 737 four times know that paying again for a new sim is a possibility. 

MS seem to be signalling that marketplace upgrades SHOULD be free, so hopefully devs will fall in line.

As an aside, I will laugh if MSFS2024 gets to market before the PMDG EFB… 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."