Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Huh?? They never said for 10+ years that we'll keep getting free enhancements/upgrades/etc ... what they actually said, if one takes a few minutes to actually check rather than conspiracy theorize, is that they aim to remain committed to the MSFS franchise, the simulator, and to keep developing and enhancing it. Also that first statement mentioned 10 years but as they clarified multiple times afterwards, what they meant is a *long* time (i.e. not a one and done, the servers are not being shut down after a few years, they don't plan on pulling out of MSFS like they did after MS Flight, etc etc). Of course business is business, and anything can happen.

And if one actually stops to take stock of the facts and see how much resource MS has poured into MSFS, and apparently is continuing to pour... kinda sounds like they are sticking to that promise 3-4 years in doesn't it? If every few years they keep releasing an updated core sim with new tech, and perish the thought ask us to pony up $60-$120 for it, how can any sane person think that therefore means it's difficult to "trust" them?? Especially if they are making sure that add-ons don't have to be reworked each time? And it's unprecedented the amount of free stuff we have gotten so far in the last 3 years.

Yes the userbase will drop for MSFS 2020 while many move over to 2024... if some are refusing to pay $60-120 every few years for the newer sim version, well that's their loss.

Now if you are insisting that you want to be able to stay on 2020 forever (or 10+ years) without ever paying for a new base sim version, and expect the servers to support 2020 client machines for 10+ years... ya sorry that was never promised (but who knows, what MS/Asobo have at least said for now is that 2020 client machines will be supported after 2024 releases, could well be for a long time). But why would anyone not want to upgrade to the new base sim every few years to take advantage of improvements and new tech for a mere $60-$120 every 3-4+ years?

Don’t your fingers hurt after all the epistles you wrote ?

🧐

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

23 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

On the other side, it's great to see how many people are literally attached to MSFS and happy about how it is right now (me included). A new sim (version) could therefore be to their detriment. Do you remember back in the early 2020/2021 when people were anxious before a SU update dropped, praying to the lord that they could still fly afterwards and their addons were still working and not all control settings lost and all without CTDs? Some people would rather not go back there or take the risk of going back there. That's where most of the negativity comes from. Flight sim heaven is a fragile place...

Ok fair, but least in this case no one will be forced to move to 2024 on day 1. Sounds like they'll at least keep supporting 2020 for some months at least after the 2024 release (as opposed to days/weeks IMO). This way folks can wait until any instabilities and initial showstopper bugs are fixed before moving to 2024.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

On the other side, it's great to see how many people are literally attached to MSFS and happy about how it is right now (me included). A new sim (version) could therefore be to their detriment. Do you remember back in the early 2020/2021 when people were anxious before a SU update dropped, praying to the lord that they could still fly afterwards and their addons were still working and not all control settings lost and all without CTDs? Some people would rather not go back there or take the risk of going back there. That's where most of the negativity comes from. Flight sim heaven is a fragile place...

No one has to go back there though. MSFS is going to be supported and even roadmap items fulfilled, regardless of the new version, and even if MS blatantly lied about that, it's still here as it is. No one is forced to buy the new version.

My point is the extremely negative (and nonsensical) reaction - it's as if they announced they were about to pull the plug on MSFS rather than a new, improved version coming out. I can only speak for myself but I'm excited for MSFS2024 and I'm dying to see what it will bring to the table rather than sit here and twist reality and reason to make up figments in which MSFS2024 fails completely.

The sentiment is closer to a funeral rather than a birthday.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Don’t your fingers hurt after all the epistles you wrote ?

🧐

Aww thanks for the concern, thankfully my keyboard was kind to my fingers when hammering out said epistle(s). Do you have any more omg-the-sky-is-falling-I-feel-betrayed videos for us? 🙃

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

Aww thanks for the concern, thankfully my keyboard was kind to my fingers when hammering out said epistle(s). Do you have any more omg-the-sky-is-falling-I-feel-betrayed videos for us? 🙃

You will find enough of them on the IN.…

It is good that MS/Asobo hears all kinds of comments. It can only be positive for us ….

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Is it not time to shut down this thread by now?????

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

So is Avsim planning to make another sub-forum for the 2024 version or just keeping it all under one roof?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

9 minutes ago, helberger said:

Dont see why, if you don't want to read it don't open it, plenty of folk still chatting away so all good in my book.

What I'd like to see more is Jorg actually say something, about time he opened up and told us what's what 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just now, MarcG said:

Dont see why, if you don't want to read it don't open it, plenty of folk still chatting away so all good in my book.

What I'd like to see more is Jorg actually say something, about time he opened up and told us what's what 

Well all we got at the expended showcase was more talk about the Dune Expansion. So maybe next week at FSExpo?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sethos said:

So is Avsim planning to make another sub-forum for the 2024 version or just keeping it all under one roof?

Not yet. The sim isn't launched yet and there is too much similarity with FS2020.  The 2024 kerfuffle will die down eventually. A lot of the 2020 / 2024 questions are linked also, such as carry over of assets.

I believe these were roughly the thoughts of Bob Scott (President & CEO) earlier in another thread, and I see the sense in it.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

14 minutes ago, helberger said:

I don't understand why people ask for this in a discussion forum.  If you don't like it you can simply skip over it and not read it. What could offend you so much to call for it to be shut down?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

For a second I thought a saw a C-130,   but at second glance it's not a C-130.   It's and Airbus A400.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A400M_Atlas

Not a CS fan now,  but the C130 for FSX was one of my faves.

Size-comparison-C-17-A400-M-C-130-J-30-C

Nice diagram!  Are those to scale?  Looks like they are roughly. I am interested to know who has developed the A400 for 2024 to get an understanding of the fidelity.

Edited by bobcat999

That photo is from Wikipedia,  according to it's description it is a scale representation of a C-130,  C-130J,  A400M,  and the C-17.

I've lived near a C-130 base all my life,  so I really hoped to see a decent one in FS20.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well all we got at the expended showcase was more talk about the Dune Expansion. So maybe next week at FSExpo?

Ya looks very much like they are waiting for FSExpo (June 23-25) to give more details... that's also when AAU2 drops and some other stuff.

Len