Sign in to follow this  
tup61

What I hate about MSFS 2024...

5 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

In many minds there will always be "issues" to resolve.

P3D and Xplane are decades into development, and there are still daily threads in their respective subforums about perceived problems/shortcomings; often ones that border on minutia except to the very hardest of the hardcore.

MSFS2020 and even 2024 have little chance of being any different in this regard.....

I think once people get this through their heads, they can sleep better at night.  Show me a game with  no bugs and MSFS is even more complicated.  I think people are looking for the perfect sim and I don't even know if that will ever happen.  I still think sims are progressing with ever iteration and hopefully 2024 will be no different.  

Like many/most folks here, the day MSFS 2024 is released, I'll buy it and throw MSFS 2020 off of my hard drive. I'm sure not going to bother with a "legacy sim".

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Like many/most folks here, the day MSFS 2024 is released, I'll buy it and throw MSFS 2020 off of my hard drive. I'm sure not going to bother with a "legacy sim".

I’m 100% sure I’ll do the same on day one.

• Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

4 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

So will I, and I am looking forward to doing so. 

• Like 1

Dan Scott

13 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

There are still a number of issues in MSFS2020 to be resolved, so when MS launch 2024, will they and Asobo continue to address these issues, or will they slow down or stop to concentrate on 2024, as I cant see them running two parallel development teams. 

The codebase is going to be virtually identical. 2024 will have more, possibly better icing on the cake, but the underlying cake is the same recipe. Fixes in 2024 are largely going to apply to 2020, so I would expect they will continue to work on 2020 as well. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

These are other days than FS98/FS9/FSX. No need to throw anything off of your hd. MSFS2020 will magically turn into MSFS2024 once you click the BUY button in your MSFS2020 Marketplace. It's just a major update. Nothing more nothing less. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jan

6 hours ago, Javiz said:

These are other days than FS98/FS9/FSX. No need to throw anything off of your hd. MSFS2020 will magically turn into MSFS2024 once you click the BUY button in your MSFS2020 Marketplace. It's just a major update. Nothing more nothing less. 

That’s why I’m expecting too. Just like Windows 11 replaced W10. I just hit «upgrade » and poof, my computer had W11.

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

48 minutes ago, iborg1979 said:

That’s why I’m expecting too. Just like Windows 11 replaced W10. I just hit «upgrade » and poof, my computer had W11.

What, your computer didn't spontaneously combust??

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

On 6/13/2023 at 3:43 PM, mrueedi said:

What would a grown up person do? Wait until the required information is available and then draw a conclusion.

Untrue i am afraid.

You will find that most grown ups in this world do exactly the opposite and is what we witness again here.

It's just human nature and people like Mr. Murdoch have made a fortune exploiting it. Speculation and making up stories.

• Like 2

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

On 6/13/2023 at 9:39 PM, Johnny19 said:
On 6/13/2023 at 8:58 PM, Ricardo41 said:

I'm afraid I will do the same on day 1 of the MS2024 release.😉
As soon as a newer version of the current sim exists, I must have it.😁

Patric

• Like 1

What I hate about MSFS 2024 is that sales are going to be far below Microsofts expectations and the title will be cut in the typical MS fashion. You heard it here first.

19 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

What, your computer didn't spontaneously combust??

Mine is still OK. W11 looked at it, raised its eyebrows, curled its mouth and flatly said ‘no, I won’t go there, are you kidding ? »

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I probably will wait a week or so to let the dust settle, before  I buy  it, 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I wish people realized that they are just "preaching to the choir" here.  Whatever your opinions, large corporations are going to do what they are going to do.  This game is officially announced and it isn't going anywhere.  Take a deep breath. 

I'm guessing that MS2020 will go forward, because they do not want to see active users plummet.  As many others have said (but it is worth repeating), it is the same code base, not a start from square one thing (starting over would be a mess). 

We'll get another regular update today and I doubt the roadmap for this game changes much, if at all. Anything they add/fix now will carry forward. 

Edited by kerosene31

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF