Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

P3D 6 officially announced

After a riveting read of the last six pages......I am off to have a nice flight in P3Dv4 in my PMDG 737NGX.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

22 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

My opinion P3D and X-plane are simulators, And MSFS is a game. Microsoft is more, Anyone jump in and play including a mouse. P3D And X-plane are more for Hardcore Simmers. I play P3D the most. MSFS just didn't do it for me, But that's just my Opinion. The trailer for MSFS 2024 seems to be heading towards doing more ground Gaming.

All of them render pixels of 3D objects in a screen and can be used with a keyboard, mouse or Xbox controller by users in a sited or lying position. MSFS is just much more user friendly and effective in drawing new users to the genre, something that should be celebrated by all. If you consider yourself a "hardcore simmer", just take a look at what A2A is doing within the "limitations" of "gamey" MSFS and have fun.

Back to P3D: the badly illuminated trailer and focus on weapons systems just speaks for itself. LM is not confident enough to properly showcase their products for a "for entertainment" audience. If the focus is on military contracts, why even attend FSExpo? Home users looking for advanced combat simulation are much better served with DCS anyway.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

50 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

This is why Avsim is going down hill Mention anything about P3D and XP and MSFS worshippers will pile in. 

What did you expect? The cast from “the view” always need something to pile on about. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

So, with this announcement do you think that the developers that left P3D will come back to P3D?

Edited by Joseph29
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Joseph29 said:

So, with this announcement do you think that the developers that left P3D will come back to P3D?

I honestly hope for that. 

5 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

I don’t see any compelling reason, financially.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

7 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

Why should they? What has LM showed in this trailer that would trigger a mass return of those who left?

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

8 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

Definitely not. Nothing shown will bring users back in any significant numbers I reckon. You might even argue this could make it worse, as a lot of people were hoping V6 would be a substantial overhaul or bring something noteworthy to the table, so they were just holding on with the tip of their fingers but now that it's out and it adds little of substance, some developers / users could lose their last shred of hope for the platform to claw its way back to relevancy for the home market.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Making development of P3D addons as easy as it apparently is for MSFS would probably be the best starting point. Whether that would convince any developers to release P3D versions of their MSFS addons is just a guessing game at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Making development of P3D addons as easy as it apparently is for MSFS would probably be the best starting point. Whether that would convince any developers to release P3D versions of their MSFS addons is just a guessing game at the moment.

But will the ROI of their time make it worth it? I think not.

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas

29 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Isn't the P3D SDK very robust and fairly straight forward? Thought the MSFS SDK tried to copy a lot of the ESP / P3D SDK in order for developers to be able to transition over seamlessly.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

As far as I am aware, development of P3D addons involves a lot of reloading to check updates. I seem to recall that this is not the case with MSFS.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

59 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

There’s nothing in the announcement that really stands out and would make a large number of developers come back. Again, it’s also about the user base and if they would make a good amount of money to make it worth while.

• Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29