Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

P3D 6 officially announced

7 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

Who cares what some flight schools use?

The training devices flight schools use need to be certified by the regulatory authority of the country concerned and can then be used for training, certain elements of flight testing and proficiency checks. The school I instruct at uses P3D and is certified for all of those purposes. 

There has to commensurate hardware as well, but the software infrastructure has to be acceptable to the regulator as well.

So, there is a difference between gaming and simming.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

14 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

Who cares what some flight schools use? Some military programs use DCS. Also, irrelevant.

you wont find any NATO or western country using DCS in their flight training due to its origins 

unless you can provide the OQE i call BS

• Like 2

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

aaand there it is. A thread announcing the upcoming release of P3D v6 is now discussing whether or not the USAF uses DCS World.

Avsim still undefeated. 

I'm out. Talk to y'all July 3rd. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeansy said:

you wont find any NATO or western country using DCS in their flight training due to its origins 

unless you can provide the OQE i call BS

https://ec25iledefrance.com/simulation/

The French do. 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40620/a-10-warthog-pilots-are-using-the-digital-combat-simulator-video-game-to-train-in-vr

… and ooh look at that

Edited by redshift27
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arklight1 said:

Sorry, P3D is a game. MSFS is a game. DCS is a game. They are all games. 

If you believe that flight simulation is a game, then you're not a true flight simmer.

Military pilots don't train using a game - they use the P3D flight simulator.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I'm going to mark page four as the moment an other civilised P3D thread, in this case discussing the new version, descended into the usual dirt throwing match about whats a game and what isn't a game. AVSIM at its finest. 

Trying to bring things back onto topic. The things that would have me purchased V6 would be an improvement in performance, particularly multi monitor (VIewGroup) performance and the introduction of DLSS 3 - Frame Generation. 

Edited by KL Oo
  • Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

That down to Nvidia they include support for a game title in driver updates not the other way round.

You are wrong. 

Launching a title in 2023 without Frame Generation is a bummer, especially one that is known to be extremely CPU limited.

I had very low expectations for V6 and it seems that this release will be even less relevant that what I’ve thought.

Anyways, I might end up buying this just for FSLab’s Concorde (if there is an upgrade path for MSFS, of course). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 hours ago, redshift27 said:

hardly OQE, its an general article, face book says lots of things too

Not sure when the french military started using wordpress for web hosting

Show me where its contracted and the officially endorsed program, not a local idea

Again hardly OQE, try a bit harder please

Edited by jeansy

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

21 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

You are wrong. 

Launching a title in 2023 without Frame Generation is a bummer, especially one that is known to be extremely CPU limited.

I had very low expectations for V6 and it seems that this release will be even less relevant that what I’ve thought.

Anyways, I might end up buying this just for FSLab’s Concorde (if there is an upgrade path for MSFS, of course). 

F1 did not have Frame Generation until Nvidia included it in a driver update some time after the game was released.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

4) Will this version be compatible with DLSS 3 and Frame Generation? I would assume no on this, but will continue to hold out hope because of the potential FPS benefits.

15 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

You are wrong. 

So I'm not 100% sure if frame generation also requires support for DLSS, for the NVIdia 4000 series cards. But if frame generation also requires support for DLSS, this quote from Ben Supnick from Laminar Research may explain why P3D (and XP 12) don't support frame generation yet:

Why don’t we use FSR2 or DLSS? Both of these upscalers require motion vectors as inputs from the rendering engine, something X-Plane does not provide. We may support them in the future, but adding motion vector generation is not trivial.

This post here in the Reddit Nvidia forum is saying frame generation does require motion vectors.  So based on what Ben Supnick is saying, I would think P3D (and XP 12) both need to implement motion vectors first before frame generation can even be considered. And as Ben Supnick said, it's not trivial. 

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, G-RFRY said:

F1 did not have Frame Generation until Nvidia included it in a driver update some time after the game was released.

Because it requires driver support but it's still added by the developers and then Nvidia adds the support.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I am excited. I am on v4 still, but something tells me I should buy this. Why? Because it is exciting. 

• Like 1

This is why Avsim is going down hill Mention anything about P3D and XP and MSFS worshippers will pile in. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Raymond Fry.

3 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

This is why Avsim is going down hill Mention anything about P3D and XP and MSFS worshippers will pile in. 

I see no one piling in, just people correcting you on other matters and people lashing out at MSFS. So your response just seems like an inappropriate kneejerk response.

Has this become the new cancel culture go-to of Avsim, you don't like the tone of the thread towards your sim of choice or someone is correcting you, then you just call out imaginary MSFS worshippers in hope of moderators stepping in sight unseen?

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I see no one piling in, just people correcting you on other matters and people lashing out at MSFS. So your response just seems like an inappropriate kneejerk response.

Find a post by me on MSFS forum doing that and I do use or own XP and cannot see the forum I have removed it from view.

The ones complaining about MSFS are the users them self about things not being fixed.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.