Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

P3D 6 officially announced

Their teaser trailer was not what I would call attractive to get a wow. The keywords used like weapons and scenarios were clear though. The direction they are heading is clear and me think its good that they state it that open now. I hope that most existing addons will still work ootb but a new effects and lighting engine could also mean adjustments needed. As (especially smaller) devs have to earn money via copies sold I fear we won't see many new products for v6 or devs coming back. Even more as products for the other sim rely on newer techniques or would have to be stripped down on detail for the older engine. Thats time and money a lot of devs won't have or would be willing to spend. They just moved on to newer technics and standards (some more successful than others). But without further detail hard to tell. Time will show. At least we know that some addons like the beloved Dash will be there day one 😂

Looks like bigger ssd needed with all this sims running in parallel. Nice times for open minded simmers 😉

Cheers T.

• Like 1

So much garbage in the last pages...

It's going to be tricky to switch to v6 without having guarantees of, not saying support but at least addon compatibility. Andrew Wilson's last post on the FSLabs forum is "worrying".

PS: now with the announcement of MSFS24 it is completely out of question to switch to "2020" at this point.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

2 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

My opinion P3D and X-plane are simulators, And MSFS is a game. Microsoft is more, Anyone jump in and play including a mouse. P3D And X-plane are more for Hardcore Simmers. I play P3D the most. MSFS just didn't do it for me, But that's just my Opinion. The trailer for MSFS 2024 seems to be heading towards doing more ground Gaming.

I fly in all 3 seems you've mentioned.

Will you please quantify your assertion?

And you're waaaay behind the power curve on v2024. Watch the presentation from MS/Asobo from yesterday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I fly in all 3 seems you've mentioned.

Will you please quantify your assertion?

And you're waaaay behind the power curve on v2024. Watch the presentation from MS/Asobo from yesterday.

Na don't feed them from whatever side they come. If you are open minded and fly more than one just grab some popcorn and watch. Its always good for a hearty laugh but not worth the effort to ask further 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Na don't feed them from whatever side they come. If you are open minded and fly more than one just grab some popcorn and watch. Its always good for a hearty laugh but not worth the effort to ask further 😂

You're right, of course. But it's fun for me 😉

Sorry but it's look more a 5.5 rather than a 6.0. It could also probably have been included into 5.4. But most of us were not really expecting more so no need to be disappointed.

The die hard P3D users will probably invest the required $60 to upgrade but I cannot see how it could attract a new generation of users or bring back any current msfs users.

It shouldn't require a lot of works to update the current products but I cannot see how it could attract developers to come back to the P3D market. The few new products still in development will probably be the last major releases but it will be foolish for any major developer to allow any more resources to P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Waking up and seeing how this discussion has denigrated is no surprise. I’m giving serious consideration to locking it but I’ll give it another chance.

Any more comparisons to MSFS and you’ll get a week’s holiday. Challenging that decision will also earn you a holiday.

Have people not learned that those comparisons are pointless and just get topics locked?

For heaven’s sake behave yourselves. 🤨

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This thread (on the P3D forum) is about announcing v6 and it is already turning into a comparison with MSFS and how good MSFS is and will always be. How dare we discuss P3D and challenge MSFS (even a little bit)?

Also...so many people already saying v6 is rubbish...Are you MSFS fan boys or have you tried v6? What are you doing here on the P3D forum anyway? Are we still allowed to have the right and freedom to like or be interested in P3D?

Last messages are now turning to the topic of devs and the fact they won't do any work on v6 (if required). Hopefully there won't be compatibility issues and we can transition to v6 easily. If the devs refuse to do any compatibility/update work, then you know where you stand....(I will be done with all of them as far as I am concerned)

Gosh.... v6 is not even released and is already dead in the eyes of so many... 

Edited by fnav77
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Visit my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/Captain Nav

Follow me live on Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/captainnav

Looks like a solid incremental update from what I've seen

Assuming sufficient compatibility with prior addons is maintained I will consider giving it a try when it releases.

Shame this thread had has once again been something of a chore to read through though.

• Upvote 2

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

is it ok to create a thread to compare the new SIMs announced during the Flight Sim Expo? I mean, we got P3D V6 finally announced, MSFS 2024 also have a lot of attention, why is it wrong to compare both products taken out of the oven?

I am still flying V5.3HF, hasn't jumped to V5.4 yet...the decision to jump to V6 will depend on the compatibility of my current addons, which I think fair to say most of you will also do the same.

I will not buy V6 just to launch missiles and check the new weather...

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Just a thought. In that preview video they show the F-16 with weapons and firing those weapons. Currently with v5+ those features are only available with the Professional Plus license. I wonder if v6 is doing away with the different licenses (although I doubt it) so everyone has features like firing weapons.

1 minute ago, ttbq1 said:

I will not buy V6 just to launch missiles and check the new weather...

For me the new weather (with ActiveSky) and clouds would be worth upgrading to v6.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

is it ok to create a thread to compare the new SIMs announced during the Flight Sim Expo? I mean, we got P3D V6 finally announced, MSFS 2024 also have a lot of attention, why is it wrong to compare both products taken out of the oven?

Create it in neutral territory - Hangar Chat. Not in the P3D or MSFS forums.

But how much can be discussed about v6 with only a few minutes video to make a judgement? Don’t be disappointed if it ends up being locked because some people cannot respect the opinions of those they disagree with and it ends up as a slanging match.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

But is it necessary to create a thread to discuss that?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

24 minutes ago, fnav77 said:

v6 is not even released and is already dead in the eyes of so many... 

I think it's dead on arrival for entertainment purposes, yes. The user base has been reduced to so little that even if updating the aircraft or airport addon for v6 would take only 5 hours, it'd still be too much and not worth it in regards to hourly rate and expected profit for most developers. I mean there are many devs that already jumped the ship back on P3Dv5 without even completing or fixing broken things. That sounded a lot like "Even just fixing this for 5 hours isn't worth it anymore on P3D", and that is a clear sign that a franchise is considered "dead".

I'm very sorry about that, I would have hoped for a valid serious-simming contender after the MSFS 2024 announcement left me a bit worried about the direction of MSFS, but I guess it was just a case of too little too late for P3D.