Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

PMDG statement on V6

Pmdg will never fix any of the major issues, why should they?

People (myself included) kept buying each "new" version with out any of the issues being fixed.

RSR will keep avoiding the hard to fix problems and fix up the easy thing with target of keeping people under the assumption that they will get done "soon".

As long as the money keeps coming in and his ego feed, nothing will change IMO.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Not surprising. Hate them all you want but you and I both know that it is the correct and logical business decision. MSFS is where it's at and with 2024 on the horizon, it will be stupid to put your development resources in a dead platform.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

@Baber20, if P3D was a “dead platform” there would be no discussion in this forum. P3D is far from dead.

I’ll update to 5.4 and then watch developments.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm flying PMDG and FSLabs in v5.4, but It looks like they are not going to be updated to v6 (which really does not bring any spectacular upgrade). Choices are, stick with 5.4 or move on. Well, I've made my decision. MSFS it will be from now on. I can still enjoy my PMDG and the Fenix 320, which is at the level of FSLabs. As a bonus I get superb graphics. P3D was fun for many many years, and I thank you for that, but it is goodby now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

5 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

man, this hobby is filled with a bunch of babies. Enjoy Msfs or XP12. Good grief.

I will continue to enjoy P3D 5.4 and my long list of addons (more complete/better finished than those on other platforms).

Oh, and I won't buy the same addon twice...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Baber20, if P3D was a “dead platform” there would be no discussion in this forum. P3D is far from dead.

Only discussion is those believing it's not dead!

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

P3D is not dead for users, at least 5.4, as they will be able to enjoy it for the many years to come.

But if someone here still think that on the business & commercial entertainment side, P3D is still alive and has a bright future, you are in full denial.

PMDG and all the developpers that will probably follow the same path (Ifly and Fslabs already gave some hints) made it clear that P3D 6.0 is officially dead even before being born.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Only discussion is those believing it's not dead!

Users of P3D do not want advice or concern from users of other platforms. If I wanted to change I would have done it years ago...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

7 minutes ago, sdirand said:

P3D 6.0 is officially dead even before being born.

This is true.

Now imagine that v6 is an excellent platform. Will the developers main concern be the user experience and the desires of their customers?

Robert S. Randazzo: "Poor results mean that a drag-and-drop conversion won't work. We don't have the free development resources to investigate beyond this point as all free resources are otherwise dedicated. While I recognize the lack of attention from us at this juncture is disappointing, it is worth understanding that we are completely task saturated and thus I am unable to cleave off any resources to support a market that currently represents <1% of our daily installation volume. It simply wouldn't be a good idea for us at this moment."

• Upvote 2

Adrian

14 minutes ago, sdirand said:

But if someone here still think that on the business & commercial entertainment side, P3D is still alive and has a bright future, you are in full denial.

PMDG and all the developpers that will probably follow the same path (Ifly and Fslabs already gave some hints) made it clear that P3D 6.0 is officially dead even before being born.

I never made any predictions about the future of P3D. I have all I need in v5.4 and will continue to use that for as long as I wish.

Changing sims is not mandatory. I’m still using v3.4 for a 32-bit Concorde. The aircraft always has a higher priority to me than the scenery.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot I suspect that Concorde will be released exclusively for MSFS. Let's wait and see...

It’s already in Beta for P3DV5 so will defo be out for V5. V6 is another matter!

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

2 minutes ago, djbully said:

It’s already in Beta for P3DV5 so will defo be out for V5. V6 is another matter!

Maybe Ray's luck is that development of Concorde is far advanced in 5.4....

4 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

I suspect that Concorde will be released exclusively for MSFS. Let's wait and see..

P3D5 version is already in beta, and i think it will require tremendous amount of work to port it over to MSFS

Artur