Sign in to follow this  
UrgentSiesta

v6 Addon compatibility list from those who dare!

I’m not one to start rumors but I think (& hope) we’re going to hear something good from Orbx by week’s end.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

anyone tried the QW787  in it.  thank you.  

14ppkc-6.png

Hi guys, is the PMDG 777 working with the registry trick?

Thanks.

Miquel.

5 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

yes,  All pmdg planes work.

What does mean that "it works", that it opens in v6 without CTD or that it flies as well as in v5?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

I jumped in the 777, 747, 737 ngxu and just did a quick 5-10 minutes in the air, no extensive testing with the fmc. no errors though.

• Like 2

Has anyone tried any of the Captainsim aircraft in V6 yet? Know the 1011, 737, 757, 767, and 777s all worked fine in V5... 

40 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

What does mean that "it works", that it opens in v6 without CTD or that it flies as well as in v5?

I haven't tested it extensively, but so far, the PMDG airplanes looks, sounds, activates and flies normally. However, PMDG themselves (who should have the most knowledge about this) have said, that they experienced 'unsatisfactory' results, when installing them into Prepar3D v6. So I definately won't rule out, that there could be some quirks or weird issues with them.

• Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I have AIG AIM (and the traffic controller) working with P3D v6...time to scale the settings..trying FT cyyz and the performance is awful.

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

anyone tried the QW787  in it.  thank you.  

I did a test and the main problem is that the engines don't start and consequently all the panels remain dark.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobPol471 said:

I did a test and the main problem is that the engines don't start and consequently all the panels remain dark.

thank you very much Rob.  Owe you a beer. 

14ppkc-6.png

Anyone try the Maddog?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, anden145 said:

So I definately won't rule out, that there could be some quirks or weird issues with them.

so, no change there then.

14ppkc-6.png

I did another test involving Orbx.

I renamed P3D v6 to P3D v5 both in folders and on Regedit and Orbx Central installed regularly Orbix Library, FTX Global Base and FTX Global Openlc EU, ObjectFlow installation was blocked by P3D.

After reverting everything to P3D v6, FTX Global Base textures are displayed as regular as in previous versions while ObjectFlow not installed causes problems for Orbx scenarios.

Of course I could be wrong but after this test, for Orbx the only problem should be ObjecFlow while for the other scenarios redirecting installs to P3D V6 should be enough.

• Like 2

I’m not touching Orbx until something official comes our way for V6

Vernon Howells