Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Parallel 42 (chaseplane dev) statement on P3D v6

15 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

To me time is nothing. I do not care how much time I spent to achieve my goals. I do it, because I want to. Everything else is just excuses for me. 

I take it you don't have a family, then? I would rather work smarter (i.e. go to the platform that gives you orders of magnitude more money for the same effort) so I could be more with my kids and spouse instead of putting in effort just to satisfy the entitlement brigadiers out there.

• Like 5

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, PavlinS said:

The fact that you make less money in P3D market is not a reason for you to leave it.  

In fact it most certainly is a reason. He is running a business. A for profit one. Also, simbol has provided some of the best support for a very long time. To call him greedy is very disappointing. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Pavlin,  I understand that english is not your first language so its possible that you fail to see how your posts are personal and offensive. Your passion and dedication to P3D is not going to change the minds of the developers unfortunately. They have moved on. Please take Rays advice and think twice before posting as I don't want to see you being given a holiday.

Edited by Garys
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Garys said:

Pavlin,  I understand that english is not your first language so its possible that you fail to see how your posts are personal and offensive. Your passion and dedication to P3D is not going to change the minds of the develepers unfortunately. They have moved on. Please take Rays advice and think twice before posting as I don't want to see you being given a holiday.

He needs a timeout. I've already muted him yet people keep quoting him so I still get the joy of reading his lovely posts. He's straight up toxic and I don't understand why the mods haven't taken action.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

I take it you don't have a family, then?

Uncalled for.

25 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

You like being mentally ill orphan? Be my guest. Let's switch brains for a week. To see how you will deal with my life. 

Way uncalled for. 

Can we please get back on any topic related to chaseplane? Is there a possibility of a workaround to get it to work in V6 without developer support?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

Uncalled for.

Absolutely not uncalled for. If you state that time means nothing and working for free is a-ok it is 100% a valid question. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

10 minutes ago, chapstick said:

He needs a timeout. I've already muted him yet people keep quoting him so I still get the joy of reading his lovely posts. He's straight up toxic and I don't understand why the mods haven't taken action.

Agreed. I don't think I've ever been holidayed myself, but I've seen vacations given out around here for a lot less than what we're seeing from Pavlin.... 

17 minutes ago, Garys said:

Please take Rays advice and think twice before posting as I don't want to see you being given a holiday.

I do. You can't be speaking that way to @simbol, he's the nicest developer on here! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 minute ago, KL Oo said:

I do. You can't be speaking that way to @simbol, he's the nicest developer on here! 

Don't worry, I understand everyone points of view. Let's just all calm down for a moment, is all the passion for flight sim fuelling the discussions. It just shows how great the hobby is.

R.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Juliet Alpha said:

ChasePlane...one of the reasons I have not migrated to MSFS is precisely because there is no CP on that platform.

We said this thousands of times, in MSFS you DON'T need CB. The default camera is good enough and the absence of CB is not a breaker. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

53 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

What? Are you for real? By what standard do you 'deserve' Chaseplane in V6?

I find it increasingly hard to take you even remotely seriously. Should he forsake his family because you 'deserve' it? Man, go for a loooong walk and think things through.

This guy is really toxic here and offensive, sorry but his posts say this. If you know how to code, go code your CB and leave the other third party developers in peace instead of accusing them of being greedy. 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

30 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

Honestly, yesterday I asked to be retired. And I do not regret anything I said. Developers moving away - well, that's their choice. But stop telling me " MsFs is better" with every single comment towards me. 

Yes, the fan boyz are annoying and derail pretty much every thread started here but they can be ignored. If you do decide to retire then I wish you well in your scenery development. Take care.

Edited by Garys

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But it seems nothing from CP. It must have been their best seller for P3D. I fail to understand why they don’t continue to support it especially when it’s the best of its type.

I think the //42 team is composed of just one developer, or at least a very short team. Hopefully they'll able to develop something similar to ChasePlane for MSFS. Their other MSFS products don't look attractive to me

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

13 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

The default camera is good enough and the absence of CB is not a breaker. 

I don't like it.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

@simbol I'm shocked you waited 5 months before making a decision.  I applaud you're loyalty, but I would have done something when the profit margins started dipping into the red.

I been working on MSFS for a long time, is not like I am sitting static.. I asked LM to improve certain things on V6 (I had access all beta), they didn;t was keeping hope.. they released now.. the cat is out of the bag.. 

R.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

There is only one thing I don't understand: where did the x times more product buyers come from? where were they? how? were they frozen in FS9? FSX? FSX Steam? came from XP? 100 times? 1000 times? 1 million times more?!?

I am part of the millions of MSFS users just because I tested the program with GamePass... but I stopped using it ages ago.

Simbol is not talking about general MSFS vs P3D numbers but was clear he's talking about his *own* add-on products sold for which he obviously has the hard numbers, and where the buyers came from or whatever other sims they are/were using is besides the point. The total number of his own add-ons (and ones he's developed in partnership with others) has sold 100 times more in MSFS than the total number sold for the same set of add-ons for all P3D versions since 2017. That is.. remarkably telling.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Well, so far, I have sold 100 times more units in MSFS (thru my own products + all the stuff I work in partnership with others) than all the products combined in P3D since 2017.. and as I said, in the last 5 months P3D sales are zero.. do the maths!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD