Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Is MSFS 2024 going to be a subscription model?

I am also ready to pay a subscription for much better than what I currently see. Right now MSFS is so average in a lot of areas.

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 minute ago, filou said:

I am also ready to pay a subscription for much better than what I currently see. Right now MSFS is so average in a lot of areas.

What's a better sim, just curious?

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, Noel said:

I stated my agenda in crystal clarity:  go back and read about the evolved sim I described that I would pay for. Tell me, do you subscribe to any streaming services for entertainment?  Netflix?  Max? How about your mobile phone bill?  Internet?  Anything?  I see people coughing up $4000 for a new PC when the old PC would run the sim very well.  I would HAPPILY pay $360/year for the sim I described.  I don't see this as a bargaining issue at all--what I see is a small niche market with no guarantee of a future on a number of fronts.

So let's say the sim gets to the awesome level of completeness I outlined.   If MS came out and said you can continue to use the old MSFS 2020 which will remain in its current state largely, or move to the new 2024 tricked out as I described at a cost of $30/month, which would you do?  

I agree the thread is pure speculation.  I'm not speculating they will go to subscription basis, but have no qualms if they do provided the sim matures fully as described.

use the old MSFS 2020

Ralf Scholten EDDL

1 minute ago, Maxis said:

I think i'm going to put you on ignore after this but just a bit of context here. Since your making assumptions for me.

I had to give up simming at FS9 .. Do you know why that is ? I don't think so .. let me tell you.  From the moment i purchased my first pc in college i have had to barter, buy and sell used pc components and added a little to the proceeds to afford the next step up. Why ? because i couldn't afford to buy outright a brand new PC. I managed to be happy with what i had ( a Core 2 Duo) for FS9 and then FSX came out. purchased it .. and i couldn't run it. Couldn't afford a better spec pc and had to give up simming. 

Enter MSFS2020 and with the lead time of the announcement to the release date was able to save money for OVER A YEAR to be able to afford a new PC for the sim. In the mean time i sat there using that old core ii duo PC from fs9 days up until Aug of 2020 when the final pc parts arrived. So no sir just because i have a decent system now does not mean i can afford a 30 dollar a month sub.

I refrained from liking or upvoting the rather harsh comments about you having more money than sense .. But with your irrational thinking and outright ignorance and callousness to the people you interact with on this forum i think i will leave it at "if the cap fits .... let them wear it. Because they deserve it.

I'm guessing you're the exception Maxis on Avsim.  I read of people here going out and picking up the latest RTX and I9-13900K and all the goes with it.  Obviously you're on a tight budget I fully understand and glad you can play at all.  And I also understand what I said was for an unlimited access sub for a future sim devoid of any real issues, $30/month is reasonable, in 2024, inflation as it is.  They might also offer a Silver Subscription for X hours access monthly, for $9.99/month, and the Gold for $20.  As well, they could continue MSFS 2020 for no subscription.  That's all.  Take a deep breath...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

the part is on back order, so I won't get it back for awhile...😉

Bet you didn't see that coming <grin>

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

2 minutes ago, banjoman1960 said:

use the old MSFS 2020

Great, you're covered.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What's a better sim, just curious?

What i dont get 🙂 (other than everything) is how a subscription model equates to a better sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

Great, you're covered.

hope so,but how know.........but pay 30 per month,i can´t...........

Ralf Scholten EDDL

11 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'm guessing you're the exception Maxis on Avsim.  I read of people here going out and picking up the latest RTX and I9-13900K and all the goes with it.

No, he is not the exception. I'm running the sim on an I7 4790k, @sidfadc have been using the same and many others here. Of course you only see people posting they picked up the latest RTX and I9's because those who didn't are not posting...

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I just like the sim enough to cough up $30/month if that's what it takes to keep it afloat.  Whereas you, apparently not.   And the others too apparently not, even those who go out and blow $4K on the latest hardware 🙃

So, by your admission, if you're not willing to pay $30/month, then you don't like the sim enough to keep it afloat? This argument is absurd and you've been wading into some silly reason-making attempts with your other comments. Yes, people do pay for entertainment, through a subscription based service, but it doesn't mean I want to pay for another one. Furthermore, why would I? Jorg has repeatedly said that the MSFS2020 was a huge success. It's not like MS is hurting for cash. This whole thread is just plain silly and based completely off unfounded thoughts of the OP and you who continue to support the idea that 2024 will be subscription based. There's literally nothing there to suggest it will be. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, icewater5 said:

What i dont get 🙂 (other than everything) is how a subscription model equates to a better sim.

Did someone suggest it de facto is?

• Like 1

Noel

Surprised we haven't yet had the usual type of posts:

• "Costs less than a meal out"
  • "Cheaper than golf"
  • "Going to the cinema is more expensive"
  • "Costs less than a round of alcoholic beverages, etc.

Seeing as though Microsoft isn't a charity (and people like comparing flight swimming costs to other real world prices), how about MS charge us the same price as a Sky Sports TV package, just £24 / €28 / $31 per month?

Actually, we're flying. So perhaps a flight in MSFS should cost flight simmers the same as a low cost short-haul flight? No, make that the same as a flight lesson in a Cessna.

No, wait! We can go to the edge of Space in MSFS. Therefore, MS should charge the same as a seat on Virgin Galactic's VSS Unity. $450,000 is a bargain to see Earth's digital twin from the Mesosphere...

Sign me up!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

No, he is not the exception. I'm running the sim on an I7 4790k, @sidfadc have been using the same and many others here. Of course you only see people posting they picked up the latest RTX and I9's because those who didn't are not posting...

Just curious, would you quit if the sub fee was $10/month?

Noel

24 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

you who continue to support the idea that 2024 will be subscription based

Wrong--I only said I'd happily pay $30/month if that's what it took to address and maintain the bullets in my initial post.  I NEVER said 2024 would be subscription based.

Noel

You said I said this but nuh uh I said the other thing

You were the one that said that

MSFS 2024 will not be a subscription model = the community will be in an uproar

MSFGS 2024 will be a subscription model = the community will be in an uproar

How many more handbags must die painful horrible deaths as they are wildly swung and swatted

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!