Sign in to follow this  
737_800

GSX Pro yes or no?

If i had to recommend it the answer is yes. It's essential software. 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

And just to let everyone know, you can not go wrong buying GSX Pro, you can always test and if you don't like it , it is possible to get your money back. First time I bought it, I asked my money back, which I did get back. And because I like some features so much I bought it later again. For sure Umberto and FSDT will get everything sorted, and I might sometimes be nit-picking, you can not go wrong.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Looks like GSX is getting better and better. IMO, MSFS is lucky to have GSX.

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

1) Customization of flight crew number. There are Lvars with which one can control the number of pilots and crew for third-party developers, but the last time I tried, I was unable to set these numbers for a specific airplane.

This feature surely works, because several 3rd party airplanes are using it.

Customization of walking points. 6 months ago, I tried very hard to make passengers walk from the terminal to a small airplane. I failed despite numerous attempts, the editor never started pax and crew properly, and often they just launched vertically upwards. After that, I gave up on customizing airports.

It was enough asking and, as usual, the explanation would make it clear is not obviously a GSX bug ( most of them seldom are, when they are, we fix those ). The real reason for this is building crashboxes. Passenger waypoints must be placed in relationship to the ground, otherwise they couldn't walk over uneven terrain. The problem is, when you are inside a building, the "ground" is not there anymore, it's at the height of the roof so, even if we are placing something on ground, it will be raised, because the ground has been raised because of the building crashbox.

In addition to that, crashboxes don't precisely follow the building perimeter, since they might be a bit expensive to calculate, they are in fact a bounding box so, even if you *think* to be safe because you placed a waypoint inside a crannie, you are not, because you are already inside the building crashboxes.

Now, experienced scenery developers know that crashboxes have an effect on fps, so we never used them on our sceneries, to give that extra performance benefits, but also so we can place walking waypoints everywhere, but not all developers know or do that, and ALL default buildings in default airports have crashboxes.

Customizing small airplanes. GSX Pro works great with commercial jets, but I found the results with small airplanes like the Islander or the Cessna 310 underwhelming. I always found that boarding passengers makes most sense when they have to walk across the apron. I don't care whether pax walk through a jetway where I don't see them; it is kind of ironic that GSX performs poorly just for airplanes where the boarding process is visible.

Yes, of course GSX is geared towards airliners. First because they are the most popular, by an huge margin, but also because their services and movements are more standard and, even when they involve humans, there's less variability. GA is very complex, because there's far more human interaction, and passengers boarding the airplane in many cases (that is more and more true the smaller the airplane is), would basically require custom animation for each airplane, which multiplied by the number of passengers and the number of airplanes (even supporting just the default ones would be an huge undertaking), would be an effort bigger than the whole GSX. That is to say, we see in the future a separate expansion dedicated to GA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merawen said:

For example, a Profile for the Simwings Lepa wont work with the justsim Lepa Airport?

Well, it depends how accurate those sceneries are.

In theory, two perfectly accurate sceneries for the same airport *should* be very similar, the gates should be named the same, they are supposed to be in their real life position, and same for taxiway lines. So yes, in an ideal world, a profile made for an airport *should* work on a different version of the same airport made by another developer.

However, that would be the ideal situation, because in reality the sceneries might have been released at different times, the airport might have changed in real life, a developer might have omitted (or named wrong) some parking spots, there might be issues in one scenery the profile creator tried to fix that might not apply to the other so, in general, it would be best to use the profile with the scenery it was designed with.

But is that really a problem ? Do you always blindly download and install freeware stuff, without even checking if it *might* conflict with another scenery, or require something else to work ?

And yes, OF COURSE GSX has a way to at least help you identify these problems, because when you open the airport customization page, there's a "parking match" function that runs automatically, and checks all parking position in the custom profile against the ones in the loaded scenery, and if it finds any mismatch, it will tell you how many parking spots there are and how many didn't match, offering you a choice what to do, which will be either trashing the profile entirely and starting with a new one OR will let you save it back, keeping only the parking spots that matched the loaded scenery.

Usually, the number of reported mismatches will give you some idea: if there are just a few positions, it means the scenery you are using, even if might not be the one the profile was made for, it's close enough and it's likely to be usable, maybe with some tweaks, but if MOST the parking positions didn't match, you can be sure the profile is not meant for that airport, so it would be best not using it.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Merawen said:

Im on the fence of buying gsx pro.

But im feared in the time to obtain all the gsx profiles for my installed airports (or check of some of of them already have one).

I have a List of them, payware, free ones and the asobo ones, about ~220 Airports.

It looks like, i have to obtain the right gsx profile for the specific version of the airport.

For example, a Profile for the Simwings Lepa wont work with the justsim Lepa Airport?

No need for profiles, those basically only manually set the position of the ground services (so no one is clipping with a wall or something like that) and add custom pushbacks, i.e. longer pushbacks to a different, more complex position than "nose left, nose right" on the taxiway. But even without a profile all services will work normally and pushback will read the taxiways from the scenery and offer you a basic "nose left, nose right" which works perfect in about 90% of the cases. In the other 10% it's mostly the scenery devs being lazy/incompetent with proper taxiways connection, but even in these cases it will push you back, though just straight only and not onto the taxiline.

That said, downloading a profile is really easy and can be done just prior to your flight (or even during your flight IIRC), as Sethos said, and you just have to drop it to a certain folder.

• Like 1

It had a few teething problems at first, but now i wouldn't do without it. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

If i had to recommend it the answer is yes. It's essential software, IF YOU FLY AIRLINERS. 

I corrected that for you. But even then I don't think it's essential.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Looks like GSX is getting better and better. IMO, MSFS is lucky to have GSX.

It is improving, especially the animations.  I use it but avoid using GSX at the arrival gate as I prefer default ground crew to guide me in.  After that I do use the Deboarding procedure in GSX.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

If you intend to fly VR, using GSX will not allow the use of the toolbar... which can cripple a flight from the get go... im still not sure there is a cure or methodology to fixing this?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

29 minutes ago, vonduck said:

If you intend to fly VR, using GSX will not allow the use of the toolbar... which can cripple a flight from the get go... im still not sure there is a cure or methodology to fixing this?

That must only apply to VR users, yes?  Toolbar is there for me, flat screen user.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

GSX is such a fantastic product. The only issue is that MSFS has an object limit, and using GSX along with lots of AI can really push you over the limit; So i have to limit what GSX is capable of until Asobo gets their **** together and removes the object limit.

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

59 minutes ago, Noel said:

That must only apply to VR users, yes?  Toolbar is there for me, flat screen user.

VR user here. Does not cripple the toolbar at all. I have no clue what he was talking about.

if you fly airliners yes for sure , if not maybe not worth it 

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

I corrected that for you. But even then I don't think it's essential.

It depends on what you're flying. Indeed, if you fly airliners as you have corrected yes.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement