Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

20 minutes ago, Alvega said:

It' saying it should be installed in the community folder and detected it automatically. Does anyone know if we can install in other folder and then link it with Addons Linker?

Do you mean install directly to a custom folder? I usually just let the addon do it's thing and install to the Community. Then 'Cut" and paste into my created "Addons\Aircraft" folder (Addon Linker). I haven't purchased the Comanche yet but I ssume that's what I can do.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

20 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Install in community folder, move it wherever you want, then link it back with addon linker.

I prefer to install directly in the Addons Linker Aircraft folder, less hassle with copy and paste. Just did it and it worked. Thanks. 👍

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

So looks like Pilot's Life Chapter 2 is not able to track A2A PA24

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Woohoo! and of course I'm away from home for a few days lol....
If it truly does have an external flight model then it would just use MSFS merely as a display port where the aircraft is slewed inside MSFS and almost everything else is simulated and controlled from outside, even weather (for aircraft in MSFS to interact with its weather, from all what we know their FM have to be built on top of the MSFS core FM.. unless there is now a way to interact fully with MSFS weather via SimVars or whatever, also unlikely).

Hi Len,

Our flight model aerodynamics are 100% outside MSFS including wind physics (we read the weather conditions reported by the simulator). This is why the airplane feels different as it flies through the air. We started developing this system three years ago, and this has been a dream of ours for some time so I hope everyone enjoys it.  It should feel very fluid and natural.

Scott

• Like 33
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Scott - A2A said:

Hi Len,

Our flight model aerodynamics are 100% outside MSFS including wind physics (we read the weather conditions reported by the simulator). This is why the airplane feels different as it flies through the air. We started developing this system three years ago, and this has been a dream of ours for some time so I hope everyone enjoys it.  It should feel very fluid and natural.

Scott

It's amazing how we can feel the weight of this aircraft, I'm loving it. The elevator trim is a little too sensitive though. Well done guys!

Edit: Also noted there is no WTT mode when using the PMS50 GTN. Would be nice if you could add it.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 minutes ago, Scott - A2A said:

Hi Len,

Scott

I haven't noticed much difference?

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

I haven't noticed much difference?

Probably doesn't translate well to the Xbox controller

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Saw that it was on sale this morning.  Bought it, installed it, flew it, loved it!

It is everything I wanted it to be.

• Like 1

Had a really fantastic first flight, hand flies Ike a dream and the autopilot worked as advertised once I reminded myself how to use it!

On the HSI I made the mistake of not setting/rotating the card properly before taking off and had to awkwardly do that while flying when I realized the autopilot heading mode wasn’t taking me in the right direction, oops!

Once issue I noticed is with the GNS530/430, the airplane icon doesn’t align with the heading your flying…I’m guessing the aircraft is not transmitting that information back to the sim?

I see there are already a few repaints up at .to, hopefully we see a flood of them for this great aircraft, I’d really love to see one with a Canadian registration.

All in all, a great flight and I’m looking forward to some cruising in this great aircraft (and trying not to break it in the process!)

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Install in community folder, move it wherever you want, then link it back with addon linker.

...or  select the installation folder ...during the installation process you are given a chance to select it - I have done it so I can use AddonsLinker without moving the files from MSFS community folder to the community folder I use for AddonsLinker 

Edmundo Azevedo

13 minutes ago, Alvega said:

[...]The elevator trim is a little too sensitive though.[...]

Take a look at the control section on the tablet, there you can adjust the elevator force and trim speeds.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Scott - A2A said:

Hi Len,

Scott

Scott are you then going ahead with the plan to launch this aircraft on xplane 12 ?

I understand that having your own external flight model will make cross-platform development much easier and you will have much more control.

5 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Once issue I noticed is with the GNS530/430, the airplane icon doesn’t align with the heading your flying…I’m guessing the aircraft is not transmitting that information back to the sim?

It's probably happening because the GNS530/430 reads the aircraft heading from your (misaligned) HSI 😉

• Like 1

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

I'm getting permanent database errors when I try to purchase using my valid a2a account?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Just now, Nemo said:

I'm getting permanent database errors when I try to purchase using my valid a2a account?

The A2A store is very sluggish on my side. They may be overwhelmed 😉. I think I'll try again tomorrow.  

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam